Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Retribution Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has announced that the Winter Expansion for EVE Online is now live. Retribution brings big changes into the game with rebalancing of every frigate, cruiser and destroyer as well as a new "Crimewatch" overhaul.

“The EVE Universe has always been alive, filled with the choices of the hundreds of thousands of pilots who’ve lived in it,” said Jon Lander, Executive Producer of EVE Online. “With Retribution we’ve made many far reaching changes and I believe that EVE will feel revitalized as we head into our second decade.”

Check out the full list of changes on the EVE Online: Retribution page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    I was reading a (large) flag table in the eve forums: Very cool feature. Simple as that.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    There is some complaining on the boards of the new UI when in large scale battles.  Not something I have done recently so I cannot comment on that, but I found it fine for the small engagements i participate in.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I am glad for the new changes and features in Retribution personally. Finally after several years now, miners can get some payback against the griefers from Hulkageddon thanks to the new Bounty Hunter revamp and Crimewatch feature. Now those griefers can be treated as the digital terrorists they are.
  • pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Looks cool.
  • r1881ckr1881ck Member Posts: 1
    getting fed up with CCP forcing people to move to PvP by making everything else in the game worthless :(
  • FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15

The new ships are excellent, rebalancing of t1 cruisers also has been a breath of fresh air. Of consequense the advangates of t2 cruisers have lessened somewhat and the risk - gain ratio is not so favorable for flying t2.

Crime watch is weird, im not sure how to really explain it. Definatly makes it easier to pvp and move abotu systems when flagged.

Theres some major issues along with the major good things that came with this.

The new 'safety' button has no default setting, so everytime you log in u need to turn it off if you intend to shoot things illegally. Or ninja jack someones loot in a wreck. Ive almost lost buddies in fights because ive forgotten to turn this to 'RED' when going to rep them in fights.

The new NPC AI is ridiculously hard now in some ships people have been using forever to do L4's and L5's. They hate drones/fighters with a passion. Alot of speculation on how to counter this, ive tried them all - no dice. Kind of same 'More risk/ less reward' concept going on here.

I can no longer run several accounts at the same time due to client freezes and such. Thats an issue for me.

I liek this expansion though. Definattly good stuff on PvP side.

• FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15
    Deleted duplicate post. Your spam filter oddly enough caused this.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Fiveball

The new NPC AI is ridiculously hard now in some ships people have been using forever to do L4's and L5's. They hate drones/fighters with a passion. Alot of speculation on how to counter this, ive tried them all - no dice. Kind of same 'More risk/ less reward' concept going on here.

Scoop - deploy drones?