Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

12346»

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by chelan

Vanguard:

1. open world

2. non-instanced, incredibly large dungeons

3. best dungeons i have ever run in any game, barre none.

4. 3 spheres of activity, meaning there are other things to do besides mass extinction/genocide quests

5. Diplomacy sphere: creating city wide buffs for players, trading and selling information, nice card based minigame

6. Crafting sphere: only crafting in a game ive done that's been worthwhile since SWG (though its by no means the same)

7. amazing array of classes and races (i love that the healer classes actually have dps potential as part of their healing abilities)

8. beautiful scenery

Too bad the char models and most other models look like total ass, they just seemed way to block-like to me.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    A little GW2, but mainly WorldAlpha.  I'll let you figure out why! :)

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

WoW-

Not any of my 85 or 85+ toons, re-rolled a brand new level 1 Warrior on a new server (one that said New Players not even sure what one.)

Found a level up guild, lots of people on that are very talkative.

Playing in a new way - very little questing at all, think I've done questing like 2 zones... No hierlooms.

Lots of trade skills, trying to keep all 6 of my professions even with my level and so far doing well.

Level 50 and all of my 6 Professions are at or around 300 (Blacksmith, Mining, Archaeology, Fishing, Cooking, First Aid.)

Run dungeons as a Tank or DPS, but not chaining them maybe 1-2 each play session.

Spend a lot of time out in the world fishing, gathering, exploring... you get great XP from Mining/Archaeology now days. Also getting some good XP farming mob for Cooking mats to compliment the time fishing.

Quest hub grinding and/or dungeon grinding is a choice in WoW - that's for sure. It may be the fastest way to level, but it's not the way I'm choosing to play and I'm actually really enjoying it.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by BadSpock
    WoW-Not any of my 85 or 85+ toons, re-rolled a brand new level 1 Warrior on a new server (one that said New Players not even sure what one.)Found a level up guild, lots of people on that are very talkative.Playing in a new way - very little questing at all, think I've done questing like 2 zones... No hierlooms.Lots of trade skills, trying to keep all 6 of my professions even with my level and so far doing well.Level 50 and all of my 6 Professions are at or around 300 (Blacksmith, Mining, Archaeology, Fishing, Cooking, First Aid.)Run dungeons as a Tank or DPS, but not chaining them maybe 1-2 each play session.Spend a lot of time out in the world fishing, gathering, exploring... you get great XP from Mining/Archaeology now days. Also getting some good XP farming mob for Cooking mats to compliment the time fishing.Quest hub grinding and/or dungeon grinding is a choice in WoW - that's for sure. It may be the fastest way to level, but it's not the way I'm choosing to play and I'm actually really enjoying it.

Thats exactly how i played wow, played swtor, and am currently playing rift. Its a nice way to play mmos. I wish more people played mmos the way they want to instead of feeling like they are forced to play in some other way they dont enjoy.