Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for Free Fantasy Sandbox MMO

MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
I keep hearing that sandbox MMO's are the way to go. I'm just wondering if there are any good free fantasy sandbox MMO's out there that I could try out.

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Well I think most of the games has at least a free trial. You can test EVE (I think they have a trial), Mortal Online has just gone F2P, Perpetuum also have a trial I believe. Fallen Earth ain´t a real sandbox, but they do have some sandbox elements. Age of Wushu/Wulin is a themepark/sandbox that will launch in february I think. The BETA has begun for it, and you can get access from generous players or buying the "Elite pack" that I think it´s called. Then you also have Xsyon that also just went F2P, and Wurm Online. And if DF:UW ever comes out you could test that to. But it won´t be free.

So there are alot of them out there. I recommend at least testing those that you don´t have to pay for and see if they are for you. Just be prepared that most of them is bug fested, and aren´t developed by big companies, and therefor lack recources to fix the bugs etc in ways AAA-titles can. But I myself prefer a bug ridden sandbox over a polished themepark. But that´s me. Atm I have active accounts on EVE and Mortal Online myself, and will test DF:UW when it comes out.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    A lot of sandboxes are on the way. More this next year or 2 than the previous 5+ years combined. So keep an eye out. But not many are free to play im afraid. Dragons prophet by SOE is F2P and beta is open now i do believe.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Come on guys , he asked for a good free fantasy sandbox game.

None of the mmo's you mentioned fullfill these requirements. They either lack quality, support, good gameplay or are not released yet.

Only exception probably is EVE. But that one is not really free. Ok, you can play for free by earning plex, but that is not an easy path to go. And it's more a SciFy than a fantasy mmo.

May answer would be: There is none. Just my oppinion.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    I keep hearing that sandbox MMO's are the way to go. I'm just wondering if there are any good free fantasy sandbox MMO's out there that I could try out.

The short answer is, "There aren't any."

The long answer is pretty much the same, but with the caveat that there is stuff being developed, it just hasn't released yet.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like I'll just continue to wait for ESO to come out and play Skyrim, WoW and GW2 until then.