Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,592Member Uncommon

why? Good crafting. Player housing. Interesting combat classes. Great ingame community. Plenty of open world non instanced mmo content.

• trenshodtrenshod charlotte, MIPosts: 128Member
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, have lots of time invested in the game and can't motivate myself to start up something new. Have friends that play and far to many memories just to walk away.
  • meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,139Member Uncommon

After barely playing it for several weeks, I've picked up GW 2 again and am playing some sPvP while I wait for a free trial to be released for Forge.

When they expand the number of characters allowed for SWTOR preferred users, I may give that a try with a new class. I just haven't been able to muster the motivation to login my existing classes. I'll probably quit the new class after an hour too.

The urge to resub DAOC is pushing at me for the first time since I cancelled a year and half ago, but for now I am resisting.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• RossbossRossboss Runes of Magic, TXPosts: 240Member
    Runes of Magic still. Lots of time invested in it, lots of fun, massive amounts of character progression and the community is amazing. It's surprising more F2P gamers don't play it.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• PrenhoPrenho AracajuPosts: 298Member
    Battlefield 3 and CoD BOII., better multipalyer than any BG-arena of any themepark.
  • Arkangel32Arkangel32 marysville, WAPosts: 68Member

Wurm online - Can no longer stand theme parks, or WOW clones.  Once I learned the ins and outs of this game I started loving it.

Pirate101 - Very fun game, addictive and enjoyable.  Play with my daughter.

• AxehandleAxehandle Florida, FLPosts: 147Member

My goodness the graphics are terrible but it's amusing until the 2013 titles roll around.

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Rapid City, SDPosts: 112Member Uncommon

playing off line atm (FM'09 if you must know)

eagerly anticipating Lime Odyssey (see sig below)!

• keenberkeenber galwayPosts: 438Member
    Everquest because its still the best out there and LoL when i want to go mad
  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 2,006Member Uncommon

Warcraft...yes...still playing warcraft

I am waiting for a revolutionary ideally sandbox MMO. Something completely different built around new unprecedented mechanisms.

I dont count with getting a game I have in mind in this decade. Maybe in 10-20 years, the MMOs may shift somewhere...maybe not. I will take a wait and see aproach for next several decades. However, I am not very optimistic. The evolution of MMOs is quite slow. I mean we got from WoW (2004) to GW 2 (2012). Makes me wonder what we get to in 2020.

Maybe its not the games themselves, maybe its keyboard, mouse and LCD screen that make most of new MMOs boring for me. Maybe I will not be able to fall for another MMO played using these. Maybe new technologies like virtual reality helms or even avatar like gameplay in distant future take MMOs to a new level...maybe not.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,054Member Uncommon
    Though I barely have time lately to play anything (a couple of hours a week), I'm playing SWTOR and GW2 and enjoying both as they both have their strengths and weaknesses without feeling as if you are playing the same game type.

There Is Always Hope!

• timeraidertimeraider BredaPosts: 583Member Uncommon

Kinda Forge (from Dark Vale .. new dev so wanted to try out.. turned out, not to shabby), PS2 (nice, but unless you have a friend not that entertaining for more then an hour maximal) and once in a month i do a day of GW2 (i like pvp, but sadly there are like 3 people doing spvp so.. that kinda sucks, really bad)

i wish i could play WoW but in longterm i feel it would cost me to much money

Main games: Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft 2, Brawlhalla
    Waiting for: Overwatch

• ZeroxinZeroxin LondonPosts: 2,499Member Uncommon

Guild Wars 2; I love exploring and I love PvP. Still need to see what Ebonhawke looks like

Eve Online; New update, lots of monies to be made, loads of fun to be had.

This is not a game.

• anemisanemis AnkaraPosts: 39Member
    I am playing SWTOR. since it is F2P, then it worth trying image

• ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,327Member Uncommon

and just decided to Buy The Secret World after their BTP announcement^

So i´ll be playing both!

• NIIINIII Pikeville, KYPosts: 113Member

In order of relevance:

Aion - Because I've played it on and off for a while, but never reached cap. I took a break, my friend hit cap, and found a legion full of friendly players. Toughing out the grind to catch up with my friend.

SW:tOR - Because I loved the KotOR games, they were my favorite Star Wars games ever, and are pretty high up in my favorite games of all time. While I understand some of the fuss about the cash shop, I don't think the game deserves all of the hate it gets, and am going to at least play it for the story.

APB:R - Because a friend tried it, and had me try it, and it ended up being a lot more fun than I expected. I play this casually, when I'm not playing other games.

Honorable Mentions:

Mortal Online - I don't know if this counts--I haven't played it in like, a week--but I checked it out after free-to-play, and really enjoyed everything about it. It's not that it didn't hold my interest, I just hit the skill cap as a free user, and was too depressed that I couldn't do more. This, however, isn't the game's fault, so... yeah.

Minecraft - Not an MMORPG, I know, but it's always the fallback for my sandbox urge. Recently started a server with a few friends. It's fun when there isn't much else to do, or when I feel creative.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Philadelpihia, PAPosts: 426Member
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Firefall beta

I'm struggling to enjoy any of them.  I think I'm hitting a final themepark wall or at least a themepark that I enjoy wall.

I feel like this, it's kinda scary but I guess it's good because I get so much more accomplished when I'm not gaming every day, haha!

• terzyterzy san diego, CAPosts: 2Member

World of Warcraft

It's the best for me ;)!

• aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLPosts: 2,167Member

1. open world

2. non-instanced, incredibly large dungeons

3. best dungeons i have ever run in any game, barre none.

4. 3 spheres of activity, meaning there are other things to do besides mass extinction/genocide quests

5. Diplomacy sphere: creating city wide buffs for players, trading and selling information, nice card based minigame

6. Crafting sphere: only crafting in a game ive done that's been worthwhile since SWG (though its by no means the same)

7. amazing array of classes and races (i love that the healer classes actually have dps potential as part of their healing abilities)

8. beautiful scenery

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MeridionMeridion HeidelbergPosts: 1,490Member

LOTRO - Tolkien fanboy and general middle earth lover since ever. Game stays as true to the books as an MMO can be. Best RP, best customization, best non-combat possibilities (music system, housing system, huge selection of cosmetic items), best storytelling imo.

Planetside 2 - Because its free and its new and i can shoot stuff.

SWTOR - Because the relevant feature of the game (storymode) is 100% free no obligations. I take back all criticism if its free, because you know, its practically a gift game now. So thanks Bioware!

• gravesworngravesworn charleston, WVPosts: 324Member
    I refuse to support EA so that puts me in a pickle I suppose. I am waiting for DF: UW and in the meantime playing skyrim and dota 2. Love me some dota
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 23,419Member Uncommon

D3, PS2, Borderlands 2

.. waiting for Marvel Heroes.

• sethbzorzsethbzorz sumter, SCPosts: 5Member
    Dark Age of Camelot, its the only game that had real pvp and it has yet to be challenged. There is no game that has had pvp like or better than this game, WoW was alright but the pvp was no where near as good.
  • HybridvampyrHybridvampyr GalwayPosts: 61Member

Im currently back playing WoW whilst still milling around in GW2.

I may have to give TSW a second chance since its gone B2P.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Kenilworth, NJPosts: 339Member Uncommon
    AOC, RIft and EQ2.  Just bought TSW so will start playing that soon