Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

Comments

• Arkangel32Arkangel32 Member UncommonPosts: 83

Wurm online - Can no longer stand theme parks, or WOW clones.  Once I learned the ins and outs of this game I started loving it.

Pirate101 - Very fun game, addictive and enjoyable.  Play with my daughter.

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147

LoL.  

My goodness the graphics are terrible but it's amusing until the 2013 titles roll around.

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112

playing off line atm (FM'09 if you must know)

eagerly anticipating Lime Odyssey (see sig below)!

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Everquest because its still the best out there and LoL when i want to go mad
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Though I barely have time lately to play anything (a couple of hours a week), I'm playing SWTOR and GW2 and enjoying both as they both have their strengths and weaknesses without feeling as if you are playing the same game type.

There Is Always Hope!

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Kinda Forge (from Dark Vale .. new dev so wanted to try out.. turned out, not to shabby), PS2 (nice, but unless you have a friend not that entertaining for more then an hour maximal) and once in a month i do a day of GW2 (i like pvp, but sadly there are like 3 people doing spvp so.. that kinda sucks, really bad)

i wish i could play WoW but in longterm i feel it would cost me to much money

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Guild Wars 2; I love exploring and I love PvP. Still need to see what Ebonhawke looks like

Eve Online; New update, lots of monies to be made, loads of fun to be had.

This is not a game.

• anemisanemis Member Posts: 39
    I am playing SWTOR. since it is F2P, then it worth trying image

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

GW2

and just decided to Buy The Secret World after their BTP announcement^

So i´ll be playing both!

• NIIINIII Member UncommonPosts: 113

In order of relevance:

Aion - Because I've played it on and off for a while, but never reached cap. I took a break, my friend hit cap, and found a legion full of friendly players. Toughing out the grind to catch up with my friend.

SW:tOR - Because I loved the KotOR games, they were my favorite Star Wars games ever, and are pretty high up in my favorite games of all time. While I understand some of the fuss about the cash shop, I don't think the game deserves all of the hate it gets, and am going to at least play it for the story.

APB:R - Because a friend tried it, and had me try it, and it ended up being a lot more fun than I expected. I play this casually, when I'm not playing other games.

Honorable Mentions:

Mortal Online - I don't know if this counts--I haven't played it in like, a week--but I checked it out after free-to-play, and really enjoyed everything about it. It's not that it didn't hold my interest, I just hit the skill cap as a free user, and was too depressed that I couldn't do more. This, however, isn't the game's fault, so... yeah.

Minecraft - Not an MMORPG, I know, but it's always the fallback for my sandbox urge. Recently started a server with a few friends. It's fun when there isn't much else to do, or when I feel creative.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Mardukk

GW2

Firefall beta

EQ2

I'm struggling to enjoy any of them.  I think I'm hitting a final themepark wall or at least a themepark that I enjoy wall.

I feel like this, it's kinda scary but I guess it's good because I get so much more accomplished when I'm not gaming every day, haha!

• terzyterzy Member Posts: 2

World of Warcraft

It's the best for me ;)!

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Vanguard:

1. open world

2. non-instanced, incredibly large dungeons

3. best dungeons i have ever run in any game, barre none.

4. 3 spheres of activity, meaning there are other things to do besides mass extinction/genocide quests

5. Diplomacy sphere: creating city wide buffs for players, trading and selling information, nice card based minigame

6. Crafting sphere: only crafting in a game ive done that's been worthwhile since SWG (though its by no means the same)

7. amazing array of classes and races (i love that the healer classes actually have dps potential as part of their healing abilities)

8. beautiful scenery

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

LOTRO - Tolkien fanboy and general middle earth lover since ever. Game stays as true to the books as an MMO can be. Best RP, best customization, best non-combat possibilities (music system, housing system, huge selection of cosmetic items), best storytelling imo.

Planetside 2 - Because its free and its new and i can shoot stuff.

SWTOR - Because the relevant feature of the game (storymode) is 100% free no obligations. I take back all criticism if its free, because you know, its practically a gift game now. So thanks Bioware!

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I refuse to support EA so that puts me in a pickle I suppose. I am waiting for DF: UW and in the meantime playing skyrim and dota 2. Love me some dota
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

D3, PS2, Borderlands 2

.. waiting for Marvel Heroes.

• sethbzorzsethbzorz Member Posts: 5
    Dark Age of Camelot, its the only game that had real pvp and it has yet to be challenged. There is no game that has had pvp like or better than this game, WoW was alright but the pvp was no where near as good.
  • HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

Im currently back playing WoW whilst still milling around in GW2.

I may have to give TSW a second chance since its gone B2P.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    AOC, RIft and EQ2.  Just bought TSW so will start playing that soon
  • nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    with everything going free to play or pay once to play im playing gw2  secret world planetside 2 dust514
  • livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    GW 2 having lots of fun with guild and can't wait for Wintersday to come in :D
  • PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Playing WoW 1.12.1, full vanilla blizzlike server with no donations and 1x rates for everything just like wow was in retail.

Why? because its the best mmorpg ever made up untill years from now.

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Wizard101 and login and out of DDO.

Why?  Nothing else interests me right now -- these are easy fallbacks for something to do.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

FF14 Alpha that I just got access to this morning. Tthats about it, since pretty much all the other mmo's that have come out this year have just been boring wow-clone solo games pretty much. Bought Tsw quit after a day or 2 due to how generic and boring the game was, got in the SWTOR beta, got bored day 1 since the game was pretty much a direct copy and paste of world of warcraft with just a star wars skin over it. Did some research and was told that it never really changes, so never bothered with it. Rift.. yet another biliant wow copy and paster, hell even their most recent expansion sounds like that, just copy and pasted burning crusade and given it a facelift. Tried GW2 beta, thought it was ok, but its another of those mmo's where you'll hit lv cap solo in a few days then there is nothing worthwhile to do.

Problem with mmo's today is 3 fold: 1 they are far to soloable, 2: they all play the damn same with very little if any diffrences. and 3, pointless endgame, prime example is wow, I never seen the point to raiding in wow, because the gear serves no purpose, there is nothing you can't use it for. Unlike dark age of camelot before spellcrafting(or whatever the skill was that allows u to make a perfect gearset for your char), where raid gear was the best pvp gear, no one complained they raided for their gear then went to the frontier to make use of said raid gear, smashing in the faces of the other 2 enemy realms, taking keeps and castles, and also with the realm skill point system you could earn totally new abilities and such from points earned in pvp, insted of being dead end like wow is.

All in all the last 2 years have been piss-poor for mmorpg's in general, with nothing even remotely decent being released.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

Playing WoW 1.12.1, full vanilla blizzlike server with no donations and 1x rates for everything just like wow was in retail.

Why? because its the best mmorpg ever made up untill years from now.

True that, wow was good before the expansions came out, thats when the game started rolling downhill fast. Back when only the elite could raid insted of wow today where any retard/moron/idiot can raid, and be successful. Then again other than wow classic, the raiding in wow really has no purpose anyway, your char never gets new abilities, and the raid gear doesn't really have any use anymore.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!