Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan Soundtrack Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with Turbine to give out 10 physical copies of the in-game soundtrack for Riders of Rohan, the latest expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online.

Entering this contest is simple as can be. All you need to do is tell us what your favorite Riders of Rohan track is and why in the comments below.

Submissions will be accepted through Monday, December 17. We'll announce our 10 winners on Tuesday, December 18.

One submission is all that's required to rule them all. Additional submissions will be disqualified.

Comments

• anemisanemis Member Posts: 39
    Woaw.. You are great =)

• SteveFantisySteveFantisy Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Boromir's last stand. It was a toss up between this and horselords of Norcrofts because both songs make the hair on my head stand up and give me chills. There very well written so that they fill you with emotion pulling you deeper into the scenario of the game. Well done lotr.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

It'd be the Legacy, since we hear it during every character selection and I think the conversion into something more Rohan-ish went very well. The chorus part is great, too.

Edit: sorry, I'm lame with music even on my native :) not chorus part, maybe verse? when at the end of the slower part (which is kinda Shire-ish) the brasses enters.

• nilodabbsnilodabbs Member Posts: 1

boromirs last stand  is brilliant, but then again al lotr songs are off th wall, but ya boromirs last satnd was my favorite

• fipsht1973fipsht1973 Member Posts: 2
    I like Urgent Errands because of the palpable drama in it that quickens the pulse and even adjusts my play style when I am in-game in LotRO
  • thekhazadguardthekhazadguard Member Posts: 1

Definately LOTRO Legacy.

As a player since 2008, its evokes all the memories of early LOTRO, wraps up the subsequent expansions and music, and bundles it into a fantastic well scored and performed piece... superb!

• TypososTyposos Member UncommonPosts: 39

i love <span yt-uix-expander-head"="" dir="ltr" title="LOTRO: Riders of Rohan Soundtrack - 01 LOTRO Legacy">Riders of Rohan Soundtrack - 01 LOTRO Legacy

its the best way to start the rohan adventure.Its an epic momment when u hear it and u say :omg this is so brilliant!!!

They use this song on character selection pannel , its doing a good lotro opening!

• SunGryphonSunGryphon Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Legacy for me too, but the whole soundtrack is excellent.
  • wickedptwickedpt Member Posts: 45
    Legacy. It mixes the old game with the new game... so much fond memories of leveling in Bree, Esteldin and Angmar... crafting quests, mount quests all in one song. It's amazing!
  • Quickening08Quickening08 Member Posts: 1
    Love many of them, but right now my favorite is Entwash Vale. Probably because I've been questing there a lot lately :)
  • SunflailSunflail Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Track 17, The conflict Comes.  I love the epic intro, I can't help but feel like I'm riding into battle just over the hill when in the car.
  • Chi55Chi55 Member CommonPosts: 7

Definitely "Roaming free", I LOVE that one, the singing Rohirrims make is SO EPIC..! One of the reasons I couldn't wait for Rohan to go live, being into beta, was that single piece of music.. The sad part is the new client+Brandywine's lag forced me to disable all sounds while playing if I want more than 3fps, so now I can't hear it anymore :(

Having the soundtrack would be awesome :D

I doubt you'd sent it to Italy tho  :P

• ElinneaElinnea Member Posts: 1
    I'm another fan of LOTRO Legacy. I love all the tunes, but it was the most fun to hear the old familiar ones come to life in a new way. Hurrah for Chance Thomas!
  • grndragon100grndragon100 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I haven't listened to the soundtrack yet. That's why I need a copy :P
  • DjehwtyDjehwty Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Horselords of the Norcrofts is pretty epic but funnily enough I get more of a kick these days out of Corruption and High Treason. For some reason it just reminds me of a time I was sneaking out of Cliving with four riders who looked like they had no clue how to be stealthy. =P
  • icehawkeicehawke Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Roaming Free would be my choice.
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Like some have said, Legacy is phenomenal, since it reminds me when I started playing the game on 2007, love the theme.
  • GrayivanGrayivan Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Legacy for sure.  Hearing Tom Bombadil's Theme as part of it clinched it for me!
  • LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I'd have to say Ecgbracu. Short and sweet and has that epic spy movie feel, perfect for the stealthier player like myself!

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• weirdthallweirdthall Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Yeah Boromir's Last Stand for me too...love it!
  • FafsiFafsi Member UncommonPosts: 1
    For sure "Boromir's Last Stand". Is very epic and bring you in a very battle mode. Sometimes I go back in Great Wall just for hearing hat music while fighting some uruks! Chance Thomas is one of the best Game Soundtrack composers of that time!
  • teasterlyteasterly Member Posts: 1
    The Éored by far.  It's dramatic and reminiscent of large scale battle music imho.  There's also a touch of danger and uncertainty to it.
  • MasterSamakMasterSamak Member UncommonPosts: 1
    "Learning to Ride" is an instant favorite for me. It really sets the mood of learning something for the first time and makes me anticipating, with a big smile on my face, mounting up and riding across the vast fields of Rohan.
  • TalonmarTalonmar Member Posts: 1
    Boromir's Last Stand for me as well.  Heavy on the percussion with a strong combat feel.  Thumbs up!
This discussion has been closed.