Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF: UW Hype is NEGATIVE 15.34?

2»

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    pretty much sums up the RAGE lol
  • geckzillageckzilla Member Posts: 15
    I don't think it's possible unless someone at mmorpg.com put in a vote of -1000 somewhere. How unprofessional.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal
    Originally posted by Caldrin

haha AV really know how to piss off its loyal fans and put out a really bad image for any possible new players..

They announced the delay like an hour before the 12th.. thats just plain bad.

Since when mmorpg.com = loyal fans? Im not pist, none of the real vets are pist. L2 make the difference between fake vets and real vets today by visiting darkfall forum EU1, NA1 session and pvp.

All the real vets are pissed off at AV because they only let us know a a few hours before the 12th..

I dont think anyone is pissed there is going to be a delay and a beta test most of us wanted a beta test and for them to delay the game.. I cleary stated many times that i thought there would be another delay and we would not see the game until next year.

By the way it was the fans on the Darkfall forums that came here and hyped the game up, those same people came here and hyped it down..

• geckzillageckzilla Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Caldrin

By the way it was the fans on the Darkfall forums that came here and hyped the game up, those same people came here and hyped it down..

Except that no one can legitimately put in a vote smaller than 1. Shenanigans.

• JollyRancher2JollyRancher2 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah looks like a single large negative vote caused it to me
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Every kid went apeshit over delay and recast their vote to 1 :)
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Well it is bascally just a gank/greif fest mmorpg, that like the first game probally still has the same problems the orignal had.. its kind of a fitting rating. Honestly if the devs were smart they would remove the corpse looting in favor of getting much more subs. The lootable player corpses whether its a pvp or pve kill ends up turning many people away who would have played the game if that aspect was removed. I Myself probally won't play because of it, while I like pvp, I don't like the fact that whoever killed me can take all my stuff then I have to waste a ton of my time to replace it all. Its just too much of a hassle to bother with imo.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SeiyorahSeiyorah Member Posts: 1

You are a joke as a gamer, imo.

The full loot system should NOT be removed. It's what makes the game THRILLING and fun. Risk vs Rewards. These terrible MMO's on today's market are breeding kids who want nothing ever taken away from them.

What a joke.... You should just step away from the UW page and never come back.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    All you guys saying people voted it down, please inform me how you can get a negative number with only positive numbers to vote with? The math I was taught must be wrong.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Well it is bascally just a gank/greif fest mmorpg, that like the first game probally still has the same problems the orignal had.. its kind of a fitting rating. Honestly if the devs were smart they would remove the corpse looting in favor of getting much more subs. The lootable player corpses whether its a pvp or pve kill ends up turning many people away who would have played the game if that aspect was removed. I Myself probally won't play because of it, while I like pvp, I don't like the fact that whoever killed me can take all my stuff then I have to waste a ton of my time to replace it all. Its just too much of a hassle to bother with imo.

Then play somthing else. They're a ton of games out there, probably too many that have all the same features, why cant one be different? I dont get why people are scared of the full loot thing. It makes the game much more intense but as you go on, you you realize how easy gear is to get, its not like WoW or some shit where you go out and raid forever to get gear and but then loose it, its much easier. Also saying that the full loot is the reason for the negative hype is just stupid. first of all the game was at the top spot for a while until the most recent news and how can it be the full loot when a game like EVE is one of the top mmorpgs out there?

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Siveria

Honestly if it does take you a ton of time to replace gear that you should have an abundance of you shouldn't play anyway. The loot is not what defines a character in Darkfall, it is the skill level, loot is there for very small buffs. You would know that if you weren't so involved in the theme park MMO playstyle. YOu would not have survived in the game like Everquest because it had full loot and gear was much more important. Darkfall gear breaks very fast, so losing it is like throwing away a banana peel, it is worthless at times. No worries though, I am sure you know exactly what you are talking about.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums