Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Launch Delayed, Extensive Beta Incoming Soon...

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Lol this is unbelievable. I mean what were they thinking? For real people that know nothing like myself saw this from a hundred miles away!!! This just shows how out of touch they are and it really lowers consumer confidence. I know I won't be buying this.
  • CaligoCaligo Member UncommonPosts: 11

I've played since the release of the first Darkfall. The game itself was great once you got past the incredibly steep learning curve due to the broken GUI that you had too program yourself with auto hotkey or a third party app. But that's where any good this game has left in it stopped, they had a great basic idea and somewhat executed. Everything else is terrible, customer support, actually coming through on deadlines never happens, the playerbase is lied too non stop, favoritism for certain players in game, forum mods that are there for there own benefit. You literally just never know what's gonna happen. AV's word is, and i mean this LITERALLY, it's, well worthless. Nothing they EVER say actually happens in a fashion or timeline that is even close to what they initially promise. If you choose to gripe on there forums they will instantly delete your posts. They are trying to appeal too the masses this time and vets of the game leaking there indiscretions of the game are stifled on the forums so you need too read sites like this too get the "BIG PICTURE".

• tiagotbp190tiagotbp190 Member Posts: 28
    Amateur company
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by tiagotbp190
    Amateur company

No shit. AV isnt a megamillions corp. If they were Darkfall would be just another cancerclone.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Elminzter
    would u prefer them to release a bug infested game at launch or having a beta to iron out the bugs/exploits etc...

I would prefer AV to be an honest company with an open communication policy towards their customers.

No, wait, I don't. This is so much more fun. I need to get a bigger bucket for all the fanboy tears this is going to cause.

Personally I don't give a damn about AV and DF anymore. The game isn't what they envisioned. It's just a big PvP gankfest and frankly, if I want to do just that I'll just play Chivalry.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

All you guys complaining and saying you have no respect for Taso's ect, I have no respect for you.

I doubt you eben know how hard it is to complete a launch ready game like this. Would you prefer a crappy launch so you can moan and complain about how buggy it is? Ofc you would.

I for one would rather wait a few extra months and have a more stable game. This is not the same experience as unwrapping a theme park mmo and completeing it in a month.

These games are a labour of love for the devs and deserve to be treated so by the player.

p.s

I may not even buy the game and this is how I feel when I read this doosh sh@t.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Sorry to hear this for the DF fans...i dont like DF or DFUW but this studio sure knows how to disapoint their loyal playerbase + fans time after time after time.

Maybe they should be punsished by it to never look back at their games, its the only way these rotten potatoes die out with the rest of the losers.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I think we all expected this but for AV to announce it like an hour or so before the 12th was just crazy.. its shows exactly how bad the company is and thats not a good way to bring new people into the game.

I think the majority of people wanted some kind of beta test well before the origional release date but for soem reason AV thought they didnt need one.. I guess they where wrong as they didnt even have a playable build ready for us to test today..

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

I've seen medicore guilds who were capable of communicating and organising themseleves better than this, is this why DF never really took off? All i hear is how great the game is but then you find other posts around suggesting population was low.

Trust is important between a service provider and a consumer, when you constantly demonstrate that you can not be trusted, people look for alternatives.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

wait, hold on, don't tell me the punch line.  I think I have heard this joke already...

I am looking forward to this game, but still expected this to happen.  It's like 2008 all over again.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by yorkforce

I've seen medicore guilds who were capable of communicating and organising themseleves better than this, is this why DF never really took off? All i hear is how great the game is but then you find other posts around suggesting population was low.

Trust is important between a service provider and a consumer, when you constantly demonstrate that you can not be trusted, people look for alternatives.

The game was pretty good but it took a lot of time to get your character up to a lvl where you could compete in PVP so most new players would feel there was nothing they could do and quit.. IF they had actually got into a good guild it may have taken them a month to get skills up enough for group pvp but still most people didnt realise that..

• CistaCistaCistaCista Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

It's not up for GotY, but we removed it from Most Innovative.

Oh? I thought we were nominated for Most Innovative Launch Procedure.

• starshinestarshine Member UncommonPosts: 5

Ackbar writes:

these guys seem to break every deadline they make. 

AGREE !"#¤%&¤#

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124

Also from the blog :

"...We regret the last minute announcement, we had to agree on this with several parties and get approval from all our departments so we’ve been agonizing over this since last week.  We do appreciate your understanding on this, it was not an easy or a pleasant decision for us to make, especially at the last minute, and we feel badly that we’re not true to our word..."

• AntiocheAntioche Member UncommonPosts: 132
    It doesn't say anywhere in the post that the version they have isn't playable. It only says that they will be running the beta in debugging mode in order to make use of information for debugging purposes. If you watch any of the videos they have released for it obviously the game is in a playable state.

It is pathos we lack, and this lack of pathos makes the worlds we explore quite stale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Antioche

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Very annoying. They should attempt to spin this around and do something positive, like opening a former-subscriber beta this week. It's not perfect but atleast it should calm the rage.
  • TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182
    lol what a joke, fu.. aventurine, they deserve big fail and will get it
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    I am disappointed, but if it's for the better than so be it. I'd much rather the game be "ready" than a rushed release to meet a stupid deadline and the game be riddled with more bugs. Ultimately that puts off more people than a delayed release.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    What a bunch of childish whiners.  Yes AV communicated poorly.  Yes the news is disappointing.  That is no excuse for some of the behaviour being shown.    
  • traxanastraxanas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    What a bunch of childish whiners.  Yes AV communicated poorly.  Yes the news is disappointing.  That is no excuse for some of the behaviour being shown.    

^ ^

this

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

I'm happy about them finally realising that a Beta is the best thing for the game before going live on such a big platform like steam.

However i'm dissapointed how they thought telling us 2 hours before release was okay. 

NO Aventurine, Tell us in advance next time. This created ALOT of unneeded drama and had you just told us about the beta 1 week ago it would've been fine

• traxanastraxanas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

However i'm dissapointed how they thought telling us 2 hours before release was okay. 

NO Aventurine, Tell us in advance next time. This created ALOT of unneeded drama and had you just told us about the beta 1 week ago it would've been fine

Fact:Actually Tasos announced the new delay 45 mins prior to launch!!

• Lodex2001Lodex2001 Member UncommonPosts: 3
     Vaporwere AV will be broke before they manage to launch this game again. The original was plauged by delays and braken from launch. I see no difference in managment here that would suggest anything differentthan the continued mismanagment.
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

People are going to cry but in the end it's better for AV to have the game ready for launch - otherwise they'll be whining about the game not finished.

Since I played Darkfall 1.0 I know to expect from these guys but I also know that the game will be great when it is finished and even better now since it's been re-designed.

Too many games are being launched too early (::cough:: SWTOR ::cough::) and then crash and burn and that needs to stop. However, AV should not have listed a hard date for launch unless they new with absolute certainty they were ready....it just makes them look inept.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Kids these days, beta will be good for the game.

You would've only cried when it launched with the bugs not squashed in a public beta.