Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Am I the Only One Frustrated?

RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon

Is anyone else besides me having a hard time lately finding an MMO that they connect to and that they actually like? I've tried so hard lately to find something and just can't get into anything. I don't like GW2 like most of the population here at MMORPG.com. TSW wasn't really my thing. It just seems like there is no MMO out there for me and I keep hoping one will come along... I think if I don't find anything in 2013 than I'm just going to give up completely on trying to find one because I feel like it will just be an undless search for something that doesn't even exist.

So, am I the only one feeling like this? Maybe I'm just too picky...

Smile

Comments

• AxehandleAxehandle Florida, FLPosts: 147Member
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Is anyone else besides me having a hard time lately finding an MMO that they connect to and that they actually like? I've tried so hard lately to find something and just can't get into anything. I don't like GW2 like most of the population here at MMORPG.com. TSW wasn't really my thing. It just seems like there is no MMO out there for me and I keep hoping one will come along... I think if I don't find anything in 2013 than I'm just going to give up completely on trying to find one because I feel like it will just be an undless search for something that doesn't even exist.

I understand people always have the tendency to desire the new shiny toy but try an older title that hasn't been watered down you might like it.

• apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
      Ill go with too picky  :)   Im just as bad though on the flip side though.  I wish I was a little more picky and then I wouldnt have the gamer vagabond thing going on. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,783Member Uncommon
    Well then, what are you looking for?  GW2 and TSW are hardly the only games out there.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Well then, what are you looking for?  GW2 and TSW are hardly the only games out there.

Trust me... Besides games that haven't come to the West yet I've tried everything pretty much.

Smile

• neosapienceneosapience Reno, NVPosts: 164Member
    The older you get, the harder it is to immerse yourself in an MMO. What we want is a realistic simulation of a fantasy world. What we get are fantasy-themed 3rd person shooters and WoW clones.

I've come to realize that the games I want to play won't be developed until long after I'm dead.
  • Params7Params7 Runnemede, NJPosts: 204Member

Nah its not about getting older...at least for me. MMO's are just too casual these days and don't provide any real experiences or thrills. There's just no challenge whatsoever.

Darkfall UW is giving me so hope though and in time I hope Everquest Next also. Sandboxes are the only thing that can save MMO's right now. At least for me. I'm done with themeparks, you won't get it any better than WoW.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member

The problem I see is that developers are after making a quick buck and cut to many corners to create a great MMO these days. They are just not imaginative enough to create a sandbox MMO or even a themepark MMO to keep players interested, its all about getting to cap as fast as possible.

The days of WoW vanilla, UO, EVE, Everquest, AOC and FFXI are long gone, everything these days is premium and cashshop. A guy in GW2 forums recently gloated about spending $200 on gems, if people like him are spending that sort of money on crapshop items then really what incentive have developers got to develop a decent MMO.

The only way to go if your interested in the games of days gone by is to resub to them, but even them games have gone easy mode to attract more players as of late.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Razeekster

The problem is most of the population at MMORPG dont like any MMO´s at all

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)