Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfal UW, don't believe the hype.

CaligoCaligo Member UncommonPosts: 11
I've been a pretty avid gamer since the release of the originals Asheron's Call. I can never recall a time where i witnessed such utter incompetence from a gaming company. You have people literally screaming too you on the forums too stop giving dates that you can't keep. I mean look at your track record, when have you ever been on time? A few mistakes is too be expected but it's the repetition that makes your company as a whole look just...well...really godamn stupid. You DO REALIZE that you only exist anymore because no one out there has given this very specific type of gaming community what they want. If anyone knows of good sites of upcoming alphas or betas of sandbox mmo's start linking them here. We as a community need to let AV know that other products are on the horizon and the continued abuse of a pretty die hard fan base won't be tolerated any more. I think we've all unknowingly had our standards lowered from what we expect from a gaming company over the last few years, i'm sick of the lies and lack of communication. The second I see a potentially good alternative too this game i'm gonna bounce the fuck out, people should follow suit. Maybe a mass exodus of players that follow the game is what they need to wake the fuck up, thanks for listening.

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    its negative 15 lol
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    If you want incompetent developers, check out WarZ. Those guys might give AV a run for their money from what I have been reading. I was never really interested in DF but I did ponder trying it a time or two. From what I have been reading about this latest game, I think I'll skip this one as well.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Im pretty pissed as well but the game is still going to kick ass. What should also be said is don't believe all the rage either, YES the company should have said something sooner instead of fucking over a release date only to do beta instead BUT they had given us the best pvp mmo and will be doing again 10 fold when DFUW releases early next year. In the mean time we can enjoy learning the game in beta. 

now calm the fuck down.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by LydarSynn
    If you want incompetent developers, check out WarZ. Those guys might give AV a run for their money from what I have been reading. I was never really interested in DF but I did ponder trying it a time or two. From what I have been reading about this latest game, I think I'll skip this one as well.

WarZ is meh, but they brought out fixes and updates much faster than DayZ did and none of their glitches were nearly as bad as the Debug Forest from Hell.... which took them two months to fix.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Elminzter
    its negative 15 lol

The only thing worse then haters is jilted fans that bought into all the hype

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Blame the fanboys.

They came and overhype the game to hell without even trying or watch any Beta videos of real players pvp.

They know AV is not that reliable and they still want to promote it to other players in this forum and steam.

Now more people are more wary of AV and their fanboys because of the overhype.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

What hype? What other than a missed release date has been hyped up? Would you prefer them to release a game thats not finished? 

Your sense of entitlement is sickening. AV isnt some mega millions corporation like EA/Bliz/Funcom/ANet/NC, cut them some fucking slack.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    I think its interesting that they are offering a CB especially when it was about to be released.  Honestly at this point it is playing out as a ploy to buy more time to get the product finished.  I guess everyone will find out on the 17th.  I'm hoping for their sake that it isn't the case as their credibility is on thin ice already.  
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

It is pretty simple:

Great Product meets HORRIBLE company.

I have no clue how a company like this can creat such an amazing MMORPG, the only reason why people still follow aventurine and fall for there lies

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Niburu

It is pretty simple:

Great Product meets HORRIBLE company.

I have no clue how a company like this can creat such an amazing MMORPG, the only reason why people still follow aventurine and fall for there lies

In what universe would AV benefit from lying. Missing release dates pisses of the kiddies, so why on earth would anyone or any company intentionally piss off its customers.

• sakkdaddysakkdaddy Member UncommonPosts: 45

It's not intentional.  It's incompetence.  My guess is that their marketing/sales people are just idiots (as in most companies), and that their developers are overly-optimistic about deadlines, and that neither of these groups of people has the professionalism to talk through issues openly and set realistic expectations.  Tasos is the leader of the development team right?  So he carries most of the blame.

They should have learned by now though, I agree.  At least they are giving people some free play time, though the subscription cost was never an issue for me personally.

Also, since they are blaming the Steam stuff for the delay, that was also their own fault.  People have been hyped over this game for months, and trying to get it greenlit on steam so close to a release was just fail.  They should have tried it 6 months ago and actually planned for it.

But meh, the company is doing well despite their sales and marketing failures.  The development team is really great at least, so we have that to look forward to.  They put other development teams for similar style games to shame, except for EVE's.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Laross
    I think its interesting that they are offering a CB especially when it was about to be released.  Honestly at this point it is playing out as a ploy to buy more time to get the product finished.  I guess everyone will find out on the 17th.  I'm hoping for their sake that it isn't the case as their credibility is on thin ice already.  

Its not a closed beta, but its a limited open beta. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Really don't understand why people claim this is "the best pvp mmo ever".  After watching hours and hours of pvp video's from DF, the combat looks borring as piss.  

• The combat animations are so horrible I honestly want to go play TSW for it's steller combat animations over DF.  
    • All of the melee pvp video's I see is people just circle straffing and jousting over and over.  There are no block mechanics, dodging, or anything else that I can see.  Compared to a dodge and block system like Skyrim/GW2/ etc, DF pvp looks Meh at best.  Yes you have to aim, big fucking whoop.  Give me real combat systems and then we might talk.
    **And yes I know by posting this I'm going to get the pants flamed off me by the dire hard fanbois.  But this is my hard honest opinion.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by ragz45

Really don't understand why people claim this is "the best pvp mmo ever".  After watching hours and hours of pvp video's from DF, the combat looks borring as piss.  

• The combat animations are so horrible I honestly want to go play TSW for it's steller combat animations over DF.  
    • All of the melee pvp video's I see is people just circle straffing and jousting over and over.  There are no block mechanics, dodging, or anything else that I can see.  Compared to a dodge and block system like Skyrim/GW2/ etc, DF pvp looks Meh at best.  Yes you have to aim, big fucking whoop.  Give me real combat systems and then we might talk.
    **And yes I know by posting this I'm going to get the pants flamed off me by the dire hard fanbois.  But this is my hard honest opinion.

What other MMORPG on the market has FPS mechanics where death and killing is both rewarding and thrilling? Yes, melee sucked, but the game wasn't just about melee. The new mechanics will help tone down figure 8 melee fighting as well. For instance, there is a role for archer players that allows them to dodge. And there was blocking in DFO, it was originally OP and then it was made useless :(

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Bah we are going to get a beta period to check it out. . I know I know. . only if we "pre-order" but I was going to resub for the $15 anyway to give it a shot.  

How many games lived up the the hype?  I am about as jaded as it gets and it has helped a lot.   I have lowered expectations but have not lowered my standard.  I will see how it goes - I don't mind $15 to try it out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by ragz45

Well it would probably be a good idea to actually play the game as opposed to just watching videos before fproclaiming just how good (or not) it's combat is.

There is a hell of a lot more "dodging" going on in a game requiring you to aim, then there is in TAB target GW2 btw. Skyrim isn't an mmo.

Having to aim is indeed a big deal when it comes to mmorpg combat.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Someones mad, the hype meter is at -14.49 hype. lol O_O
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Multiple threads like this today.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.