Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make a gaming website like MMORPG.COM???

KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46
How can i make a site like MMORPG site with all the tabs and everthing with all the great stuff just leave me a quick blurb about how you think i should go about doing this. (I want to make my own gamnig site like MMORPG's.

Comments

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

You've got to learn HTML and CSS for displaying the website on the browser, then you've got to use a server-side language like PHP for the back-end (Mmorpg.com uses Cold Fusion for this, look at the address bar: ".cfm") Then you'll need to connect it to a database, probably MySQL. Maybe use a little JavaScript too.

The "tabs" aren't really tabs... it just looks that way, they are links to other pages.

Look at How to view the source code of a website

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Barrikor

You've got to learn HTML and CSS for displaying the website on the browser, then you've got to use a server-side language like PHP for the back-end (Mmorpg.com uses Cold Fusion for this, look at the address bar: ".cfm") Then you'll need to connect it to a database, probably MySQL. Maybe use a little JavaScript too.

The "tabs" aren't really tabs... it just looks that way, they are links to other pages.

Look at How to view the source code of a website

but what site builder do they use to host it or do they some how do it themselves?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Im fairly sure you have to code it out if you want it to look good.  Aside from that I guess just google html wysiwyg

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

A good plain text editor built for coding helps as well. TextPad is a good free one. They not only let you auto link tags but also color code the text so you can quickly see what each block of code does. You can right click on this page and choose "View Page Source" to see the HTML portion of their website code. I'm sure they didn't use any sort of wysiwyg editor to code this site as most profesionals prefer to write the code themselves. This makes it easier to debug than code that is auto generated from another program. Your best bet if you're just starting out is to do the tutorials at w3schools.com. This will get you started. Learning web development doesn't happen overnight. You'll have to work at learning it for a while before you'll be ready to make a site like this one.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Brenelael

A good plain text editor built for coding helps as well. TextPad is a good free one. They not only let you auto link tags but also color code the text so you can quickly see what each block of code does. You can right click on this page and choose "View Page Source" to see the HTML portion of their website code. I'm sure they didn't use any sort of wysiwyg editor to code this site as most profesionals prefer to write the code themselves. This makes it easier to debug than code that is auto generated from another program. Your best bet if you're just starting out is to do the tutorials at w3schools.com. This will get you started. Learning web development doesn't happen overnight. You'll have to work at learning it for a while before you'll be ready to make a site like this one.

Bren

what do i exactly do at that site lol i went on it and its pretty confusing i just want some lessons on how to code

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

google for html wysiwyg

for realsies.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Kellth
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

what do i exactly do at that site lol i went on it and its pretty confusing i just want some lessons on how to code

The Turorials are all down the left side of the first page. Each tutorial also has it's own navagation panel down the left side of the page. Just follow the tutorials and you will pick up the basics in no time. Start with HTML, Javascript and CSS in that order. After you finish those 3 what comes next should be obvious to you.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria Member Posts: 63
    well, technically what they said. You need to learn basic coding first (HTMl and CSS) experiment and practice.. and just like what they said, those aren't exactly tabs. They are just links made to look like tabs so you kinda need some basic web designing skills too. well, assuming you are a beginner (based on your post that you want to learn some coding) then making a site like this one would take you like a month or so... not to mention you have to do some SEO as well to boost traffic to your site. You should really be dedicated and have patience. Good Luck to you ^^