Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guide: How to protest against AV

Why so mad? Me (and everybody else) are not mad about the delay. We're mad about this being announced on basically launch day (it was 12/12 in Greece). We were ready, we anticipated, only to be shut down by AV at the very last minute. If only they kept us in the loop, there wouldn't be such backlash.

In this last blog Tasos said that they've been deciding over this delay whole last week (probably longer).

Now, imagine this alternative scenario how AV could have handled things, and the only thing that would change is much happier community, the beta still goes on, the delay still happens, but everybody is .... less upset.

Last Friday, when they made the update, if AV said something along the lines of:

"Hey guys we're working really really hard to launch the game, and setup per-order system. But I'm afraid that we might not make our set launch date on time, again. In case that we do delay the game again, then we will run beta until the game launches, this way we maximize on the delay in terms of development and feedback/bug fixes, you guys get more information and HANDS-ON product, and not to mention full integration with Steam from day 1 of official launch to give Darkfall the playerbase it deserves from the get go."

There, crisis averted. Sure there would be people still bitching and moaning, understandable, but it would be nothing like it is now. But now.. they waited 5 minutes before the clock switched to 12/12/12 to announce the delay, when people were the most hyped up and ready to start playing. I hope you can see and understand that this can be very upsetting. We love this game, but we hate the way AV behaves.

=========== START GUIDE ==============

[mod edit]

Step 2:
Put this image in your signature:
http://i.imgur.com/jlNIk.jpg

Step 3:
Go to Steam website and /sign the petition in this thread.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...4672617945058/

Step 4:
Add this to your signature (a link to this thread).

Click---> GUIDE TO PROTESTING AGAINST AV <---Click

========== END GUIDE ================

Now, we don't really want Darkfall to fail, we just want to let AV know that they really fucked up this time, so when they deliver on their beta promises and they don't mess anything more up, then please take appropriate actions to remedy each of the steps above.
 [mod edit]

For Step 3:
Just ignore it, we actually can in no way, shape or form influence Steam. We were just making a statement. If NDA is not in effect then post good reviews there.

For Step 4:
Remove it from your sig.

==============================

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.

Comments

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Or... you know... just keeping your wallet closed?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Step 1: Don't buy the game
    Step 2: There is no step 2
  • lordliquidlordliquid Member UncommonPosts: 3
    If I was high enough rank I would dehype it as well. Why dont they just open up beta now? It could have been done for months now I am sure.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by doragon86
    Or... you know... just keeping your wallet closed?

Exactly, I don't understand how people can put money in a "new" game made by a bunch of liars since the start. Do you guys really think that at this point, the game will be an improvement over the first? I was hoping it will but after seeing their videos and now this, it won't happen I think.

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by evilastro
    Step 1: Don't buy the gameStep 2: There is no step 2
    Smart. Too late, bought it 2 years and 10 months ago.

Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

We are all disappointed, but you guys are bordeline something.

Ahh well,

Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed, so atleast I don`t have to fight you over those slots. You surely wouldn`t play beta and be a spineless hypocrite, so have fun in what ever game you play the next month.

Haha.

Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by doragon86 Or... you know... just keeping your wallet closed?
    Exactly, I don't understand how people can put money in a "new" game made by a bunch of liars since the start. Do you guys really think that at this point, the game will be an improvement over the first? I was hoping it will but after seeing their videos and now this, it won't happen I think.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? As soon as there is a real competition/alternative to Darkfall, you can bet your life on it there would be mass exodus and Darkfall would die. Unfortunately Darkfall sits as one of the kind, complete monopoly, there is no other game like it (no.. MO is not like it), so we either have to play the game we love made by the company we hate, or play the game we don't like made by the reputable company. A lot have already chosen the 2nd option, but good number of us crackheads still can't stomach playing anything else that's on the market right now.

It's simple as that, and as complicated as that.

The best we can do, is raise enough chaos for the company to realize that they're in the service-provider business, and their customers matter.

Originally posted by Hotjazz
    We are all disappointed, but you guys are bordeline something. Ahh well,Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed, so atleast I don`t have to fight you over those slots. You surely wouldn`t play beta and be a spineless hypocrite, so have fun in what ever game you play the next month. Haha.

Lol...what? Dude, I have my F5 macro ready. You bet your ass I'll be there first in line to get in beta, although I only have to pay $15. And if I have to pay more... then no, out of principle I will not be there...and then the masses will really get pissed off.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Ahh well,

Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed, so atleast I don`t have to fight you over those slots. You surely wouldn`t play beta and be a spineless hypocrite, so have fun in what ever game you play the next month.

Haha.

Yeah so true. Im down with this. Lets hype down the game as much as we can so me and my clan may reactivate our account as soon as possible. Than, when the game will launch, the hype will be so high, but the funny part is the fact that the rest will have to wait while us, loyal fans will be in game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by lordliquid
    If I was high enough rank I would dehype it as well. Why dont they just open up beta now? It could have been done for months now I am sure.

Because as they explained in thier anouncement they do not yet have a playble build.

Yes they anounced both a 1st and second release date without even having a playbale beta build. They have parts but as of yet no complete game.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    How to I add the image to my signature? Copy link URL into sig or is there some code i need to add... Sorry im a newb.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Do you really think AV gives a shit about the hype rating on MMORPG.com? Enjoy the circlejerk though.
  • JaszJasz Member UncommonPosts: 67

Everyone in the Darkfall community has waited for a long time. We are all upset. What you seem to be forgetting is the NA release, I was there.

When DF released in North America they had already been playing it in EU for a while and the release was just plain aweful. I'd rather them push back the date again then have to deal with that all over again.

Also, Beta is a great idea (we all remember people getting rich off exploits...like throwing battlespikes at the dragon). Though it may really just be a band-aid to try to help keep the community happy, its a good idea to test the game.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

How to protest against a studio/dev?

Ignore the game completely.

Originally posted by iamjason1989
    How to protest against a studio/dev?Ignore the game completely.
    Impossible when it's the only game worth it's salt on the market. Unfortunately that comes with a steep price called Aventurine.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

Why so mad? Me (and everybody else) are not mad about the delay. We're mad about this being announced on basically launch day (it was 12/12 in Greece). We were ready, we anticipated, only to be shut down by AV at the very last minute. If only they kept us in the loop, there wouldn't be such backlash.

In this last blog Tasos said that they've been deciding over this delay whole last week (probably longer).

Now, imagine this alternative scenario how AV could have handled things, and the only thing that would change is much happier community, the beta still goes on, the delay still happens, but everybody is .... less upset.

Last Friday, when they made the update, if AV said something along the lines of:

"Hey guys we're working really really hard to launch the game, and setup per-order system. But I'm afraid that we might not make our set launch date on time, again. In case that we do delay the game again, then we will run beta until the game launches, this way we maximize on the delay in terms of development and feedback/bug fixes, you guys get more information and HANDS-ON product, and not to mention full integration with Steam from day 1 of official launch to give Darkfall the playerbase it deserves from the get go."

There, crisis averted. Sure there would be people still bitching and moaning, understandable, but it would be nothing like it is now. But now.. they waited 5 minutes before the clock switched to 12/12/12 to announce the delay, when people were the most hyped up and ready to start playing. I hope you can see and understand that this can be very upsetting. We love this game, but we hate the way AV behaves.

[mod edit]

Step 3:

Step 4:

Now, we don't really want Darkfall to fail, we just want to let AV know that they really fucked up this time, so when they deliver on their beta promises and they don't mess anything more up, then please take appropriate actions to remedy each of the steps above.

[mod edit]

For Step 3:
    Just ignore it, we actually can in no way, shape or form influence Steam. We were just making a statement. If NDA is not in effect then post good reviews there.

For Step 4:
    Remove it from your sig.

So let me get this straight, instead of appluading the decision to postpone the release and make sure that everything works when it is time for the game to go live. you come to this site and start a guide on how to protest this decision. wow what a brilliant plan, oh wait did you see what happens to a game that is rushed to live(Vanguard Saga of Heroes)? The game went from 36 servers and Pay to Play to 1 Server and Free to Play. I am pretty certain if you looked up the word failure in the english dictionary you would see an image of the game box for Vanguard SOH. I on the other hand appluad the decision by AV to make certain that when the game is launched that everything works like it should, I for one am sick and tired of games being rushed to launch and being forced to see a repeat of Vanguard.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I agree with OP 100% dont care about the delay its how things were handled its disgusting....
  • Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    What's the whole deal with the steam thing?  Sure it spreads the game to a different people that will see the game through steam, but it will still cost the same, be the same game, and if I'm not mistaken, u can add games to steam even if they aren't released on steam to begin with.  Many games have launched and have been out for a while that steam doesn't eventually get them to display for the steam people for a while.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Agrias34
    What's the whole deal with the steam thing?  Sure it spreads the game to a different people that will see the game through steam, but it will still cost the same, be the same game, and if I'm not mistaken, u can add games to steam even if they aren't released on steam to begin with.  Many games have launched and have been out for a while that steam doesn't eventually get them to display for the steam people for a while.

It would bring in new unfamilar players for them to grief until they uninstall the game and then cry all over the place about it. lol its going to be funny to watch.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Ahh well,

Haha.

Lol...what? Dude, I have my F5 macro ready. You bet your ass I'll be there first in line to get in beta, although I only have to pay $15. And if I have to pay more... then no, out of principle I will not be there...and then the masses will really get pissed off.

So you still want to play the game, even going to the extent of ensuring that you get in. Yet you seek to sabotage the game at the same time. 

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by akiira69

[mod edit]

Step 3:

Step 4:

[mod edit]
    For Step 3:

For Step 4:
    Remove it from your sig.

So let me get this straight, instead of appluading the decision to postpone the release and make sure that everything works when it is time for the game to go live. you come to this site and start a guide on how to protest this decision. wow what a brilliant plan, oh wait did you see what happens to a game that is rushed to live(Vanguard Saga of Heroes)? The game went from 36 servers and Pay to Play to 1 Server and Free to Play. I am pretty certain if you looked up the word failure in the english dictionary you would see an image of the game box for Vanguard SOH. I on the other hand appluad the decision by AV to make certain that when the game is launched that everything works like it should, I for one am sick and tired of games being rushed to launch and being forced to see a repeat of Vanguard.

The issue isn't the delay. It is that they knew about it for at least a week, said nothing, and then announced the delay on the scheduled launch day.

It's one thing to delay the game, but it becomes something else when the said delay is announced on the launch day, and then we're told that beta will start next week, at this point it becomes a blatant misinformation and a lie... it's unheard of even for AV standards.

Delay is good for the game, beta is good for the game, as the matter of fact we've been screaming our heads off for AV to have beta before launch. But to wait until the very last minute, on launch day, to tell us that the game is delayed when we're all hyped up and ready to play, w/out even a hint that there will be a delay, then that's just failure by the company. If they even hinted at this in their last Friday's update, we wouldn't be nearly as mad.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, this finally pissed enough people off, after all these years of being lied to, and we want AV to take themselves seriously. Yes, we love the game, we hate it's creator, so if in the process we hurt the game, so be it, the ball is ultimately in their court now. We were scrapping by with few hundred active players for a long while anyway, so it doesn't matter, things can't get worse, only better by making AV better.

TL;DR
    Delay is not a problem, it's how/when they announced is.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by akiira69
    OP

No dude you didn't get this straight. You are lacking the basic reading comprehension skills. The op didnt protest the decision to postopne the game but he is protesting on how it was done.

You note the difference? Also, if you are mad about people bashing AV and you need to attack people for doing so. using straw man arguments is infantile and a little faboyish.

Last and not least: Why the heck should anybody be happy that they pospone the game? Does this automatically means that the game will be better? LOL They should not have made the release announcement in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.