Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this week in the SWTOR soap opera

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Nickel and diming customers is SWTOR's way of life. So, using this logic. "life" day is celebrated BY buying things in the cash shop. ;)
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

On a bright side image I thought I will share with you today something really cute...

'Jedi' religion most popular alternative faith in Great Britain

Today's Census figures show that 176,632 people in England and Wales identify themselves as Jedi Knights, making it the most popular faith in the "Other Religions" category on the Census and the seventh most popular faith overall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9737886/Jedi-religion-most-popular-alternative-faith.html

.....they probably all play SWTOR image

Then if you read further, following the source of their information (OF YOUR OWN LINK):

Why did people answer “Jedi”?

Much of the public and media discussion focused on legitimate concerns with the census, which the “Jedi” answer could be disruptively used to promote. Some reasons that non-religious people in particular answered “Jedi” include:

• concern about how ‘religion’ data might be used
    • concern about the inclusion of a question on religion at all
    • making a statement about privacy or annoyance with interference
    • a reaction against the apparent presumption of having a religion
    • making a point about the way people tend to legitimize religion based on its antiquity or number of adherents
    • because it was funny

http://census-campaign.org.uk/faq/jedi-knights/

Darn, you really had to spoil all that fun /grin

From my fan mail, I'm supposedly a hater, so it's my job :P

You have to pick something less intuitive, like how SWTOR won the Game Developers Choice Online Awards.

In that case it took awhile for observers to figure out that the people who voted for SWTOR also worked for EA (or had worked for EA or were affiliated with one of their studios).

:=D

LOL.

How about this... there will be no Life Day Event in SWTOR because all BioWare employees believe in 12/21/2012 Mayan prophecy and they all requested two weeks of paid vacations to finally have a life before it ends imageimageimageimage

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

On a bright side image I thought I will share with you today something really cute...

Today's Census figures show that 176,632 people in England and Wales identify themselves as Jedi Knights, making it the most popular faith in the "Other Religions" category on the Census and the seventh most popular faith overall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9737886/Jedi-religion-most-popular-alternative-faith.html

Then if you read further, following the source of their information (OF YOUR OWN LINK):

Much of the public and media discussion focused on legitimate concerns with the census, which the “Jedi” answer could be disruptively used to promote. Some reasons that non-religious people in particular answered “Jedi” include:

• making a point about the way people tend to legitimize religion based on its antiquity or number of adherents
    • because it was funny

You have to pick something less intuitive, like how SWTOR won the Game Developers Choice Online Awards.

In that case it took awhile for observers to figure out that the people who voted for SWTOR also worked for EA (or had worked for EA or were affiliated with one of their studios).

LOL.

How about this... there will be no Life Day Event in SWTOR because all BioWare employees believe in 12/21/2012 Mayan prophecy and they all requested two weeks of paid vacations to finally have a life before it ends imageimageimageimage

They'll still have to come to work, because (contrary to doomsday ratings shows & news networks), beyond the Winter Solstice is a new age, not an end.   It will be an age of misery and destruction, but a new age none-the-less :P  The resetting of the Mayan calendar is many things, I won't get into them though.

So to all SWTOR lunatics, the game will still be there Dec 22....

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by JKwervo

GW2 Added in 5 months:

2 Major Events (Halloween and Karka stuff)

New zone map: Southsun Cove

I forget the number, but during the events they add crazy new Jump Puzzles

1 New PvP Map

Structured PvP changes, enables competitive players to go at it without facerolling pugs.

New stuff on the Black Lion Trade Center such as: Event Costume Skins and The Kit that allows you change the LOOK of your character.

New dungeon mode: Fractals that go on and on until you hit Level 50 fractal, IIRC.

New Ascended Gear

Class Balances (although it's still not enough)

And now, WINTERSDAY event, which will add more itemization to the game and a pretty significant update to World V World

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Flashpoints (?) not sure tbh.

2 Warzones

2 Operations

More Cartel Stuff that really still doesn't make much sense to me.

New PvE Zones (Belsavis and Corellia) Dailies I think it was.

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

PvP adjustments (which is still lacking)

I've played SWTOR since I was in beta for a year before launch. Got the CE and all. And honestly, for a P2P game, that's not a lot of content compared to a B2P game that lets you access the WHOLE game with no sub fee.

If anything, I'd compare SWTOR to RIFT as far as how content is implemented.

Whats funny is I was actually making the more logical comparison (SWTOR since free to play launch, GW2 since launch) and SWTOR still looks bad.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Guildwars 2 does the same thing, don't see people complaining about that.

Truthfully I don't mind this in moderation, just a company needs to consider the fact there is a fine line to walk where people can enjoy the holiday or where they just can't due to it being based to much on RL cash (or spending a lot in game to do so). Its about achieving that balance.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by mikahr

Yah, its an event without actual...you know...event lol.

Really would like to know which geniouses work at EA and let this kind of thing get out :)

But now it seems that when they announce event it means a new gambling pack in Cartel shop.

Protip for you:

EA/Bioware have NEVER announced an event for Life Day.

All that has happened is that some Life Day items were data mined and fans assumed there would be an event. Made posts about it and as such it became a true story.

Not one announcement from Bioware has ever been made around a Life Day event in game.

But still, don't let inconvenient things like facts get in the way or your trolling :)

Driz

Originally posted by Purutzil

Truthfully I don't mind this in moderation, just a company needs to consider the fact there is a fine line to walk where people can enjoy the holiday or where they just can't due to it being based to much on RL cash (or spending a lot in game to do so). Its about achieving that balance.

Exactly...

GW2 Cash Grab Halloween chests anyone?

Conveniently forgotten when it means another chance to jump on the bash TOR bandwagon...

Pathetic...

Driz

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by ImperialSun

Exactly...

Conveniently forgotten when it means another chance to jump on the bash TOR bandwagon...

Pathetic...

Driz

People jump on the bash TOR bandwagon because EA keep shooting themselves in the foot. f2p hasn't even been out for a month yet and they've already added the best ship upgrades available through real cash.  GW2 cash shop is bad in some ways too from what I seen.. additional character slot prices are a joke but at least to the best of my knowledge, you can't buy top tier gear on there.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by mikahr

Yah, its an event without actual...you know...event lol.

Really would like to know which geniouses work at EA and let this kind of thing get out :)

But now it seems that when they announce event it means a new gambling pack in Cartel shop.

Protip for you:

EA/Bioware have NEVER announced an event for Life Day.

All that has happened is that some Life Day items were data mined and fans assumed there would be an event. Made posts about it and as such it became a true story.

Not one announcement from Bioware has ever been made around a Life Day event in game.

But still, don't let inconvenient things like facts get in the way or your trolling :)

Driz

They never announced any of their other events too.

The number of dissapointed people is...big...even fanbois were in disbelief...but but but...there will be an event in a week or so...there must be..., except few shills spout some nonsense. Just pop over to official forums, its a massacre, and thats with threads dissapearing lef and right :)

Sorry that people put some faith in EA and end up in dissapointment.

And im pretty sure Hickman announced Life Day event in one of the interviews, but he obviously didnt mean actual ingame event but who cares. People end up dissapinted becuase of their slopiness and inability to clearly communicate anything to their playerbase.

So instead improving that they go to silence/ignorance mode. How stupid is that? THATS the problem with them.

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Senden

Guildwars 2 does the same thing, don't see people complaining about that.   Truthfully I don't mind this in moderation, just a company needs to consider the fact there is a fine line to walk where people can enjoy the holiday or where they just can't due to it being based to much on RL cash (or spending a lot in game to do so). Its about achieving that balance.

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

People jump on the bash TOR bandwagon because EA keep shooting themselves in the foot. f2p hasn't even been out for a month yet and they've already added the best ship upgrades available through real cash.  GW2 cash shop is bad in some ways too from what I seen.. additional character slot prices are a joke but at least to the best of my knowledge, you can't buy top tier gear on there.

You may not be able to buy the best gear in GW2 but you can buy enough gold through their cash shop to buy anything you want in game. Any game that allows you to buy game gold with real money through their cash shops wins hands down as the saddest game when it comes to cash shops. How can you compare that to any other game?
    Originally posted by hockey98
    You may not be able to buy the best gear in GW2 but you can buy enough gold through their cash shop to buy anything you want in game. Any game that allows you to buy game gold with real money through their cash shops wins hands down as the saddest game when it comes to cash shops. How can you compare that to any other game?

:O SWTOR has exact same system, so what is exactly your point?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ps2 has the best f2p model imo. No pay 2 win. Sub option for hardcore players to advance quicker, boost options for casual players to advance quicker.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    image  am i the only onme enjoying this?

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

You can stick stuff up from the cartel market on the GTN, there is very little difference. I made a ton from my 2k + cartel coins I had last month.

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26

Guildwars 2 does the same thing, don't see people complaining about that.   Truthfully I don't mind this in moderation, just a company needs to consider the fact there is a fine line to walk where people can enjoy the holiday or where they just can't due to it being based to much on RL cash (or spending a lot in game to do so). Its about achieving that balance.

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

You can stick stuff up from the cartel market on the GTN, there is very little difference. I made a ton from my 2k + cartel coins I had last month.

I would say there is a difference and that would be your not guaranteed anything when you try to sell an item. When you straight up buy gold directly from the game store you are guaranteed.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

• because it was funny

LOL.

They'll still have to come to work, because (contrary to doomsday ratings shows & news networks), beyond the Winter Solstice is a new age, not an end.   It will be an age of misery and destruction, but a new age none-the-less :P  The resetting of the Mayan calendar is many things, I won't get into them though.

So to all SWTOR lunatics, the game will still be there Dec 22....

Yay!!!

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

I feel sorry for those who actually bought character slots...I had all 8 of my alts started before I quit in Feb...Even not buying new slots I still have access to all my toons..havent spent a dime on slots.

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

It just annoys me that GW2 implements a shameful holiday based cash grab at Halloween and everyone thinks Anet rock. EA/BW do the same but apparently it makes them the worst company ever...

If you are referring to P2Win then you have the option to grind out the ship comps in game....if you are then going to say its too much of a grind, how come the best PVP / Raid gear takes a couple of months farming to acquire? Should the best ship gear in game not equally take a month or so of farming to acquire?

Really dont see the probloem, its not P2Win if you are not playing against anyone and best in game gear should require some degree of effort IMO.

Driz

It's not pay to win but it's about as close as you can get to it. I agree that the best gear should take a while to farm however now you don't have to take that time, instead you can just spend cash to get it and that is where the problem lays for me personally. I personally don't care too much for GW2 however Arena Net took the time to build an enviable rapport with their fanbase and regularly do stuff like participate in community podcasts.It's not surprising that many fans feel the need to defend them when they take the time to make them feel valuable. 

Exactly...

Pathetic...

Driz

It just annoys me that GW2 implements a shameful holiday based cash grab at Halloween and everyone thinks Anet rock. EA/BW do the same but apparently it makes them the worst company ever...

If you are referring to P2Win then you have the option to grind out the ship comps in game....if you are then going to say its too much of a grind, how come the best PVP / Raid gear takes a couple of months farming to acquire? Should the best ship gear in game not equally take a month or so of farming to acquire?

Really dont see the probloem, its not P2Win if you are not playing against anyone and best in game gear should require some degree of effort IMO.

Driz

I dont really see how the ship items are P2W.  If you want them great buy them..but buy a pass too...otherwise your only using them 3 times a week.  Not like the space game has any bearing, really, on the "main" game. 

Originally posted by apocoluster

I feel sorry for those who actually bought character slots...I had all 8 of my alts started before I quit in Feb...Even not buying new slots I still have access to all my toons..havent spent a dime on slots.

Except that you will be limited to 6 and will have to buy 2 slots to have access to all 8 (or sub).

Yes, its coming :)

I would say there is a difference and that would be your not guaranteed anything when you try to sell an item. When you straight up buy gold directly from the game store you are guaranteed.

No theres no difference, you convert real money to ingame currency, just the merhod is different, and in SWTOR you CAN actually buy best mods with credits.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Just when you think EA/Bio can be no more moronic , that interview posted a few back and the quote from the official post on the forums is pure comedy gold.

SWTOR continues to be a 101 course in what not to do in mmorpg development and management.

Bioware has gone from Baldur's Gate days to being the joke of the mmorpg world.

Bit sad , while still amusing to watch the comedic ineptness reach new heights also.

And at the same time TSW in one swoop shows the opposite of how to do a no sub model that makes EA look even more moronic.

Just keeps getting better.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yea they banned me from forums, while andryah get to continue to spin EAs moneygrab

the market was ready for a STAR WARS MMO,,they made it , and sold it

stupidly enough, i bought it,,a waste of of money

after the 2 week honeymoon, this game only has lightsabers left,,and theyre bugged too

their "space missions" is a joke,,look at STO

some of the stories was good,,,but mostly it was star trek episode quality

if this game cost 200 mio to make,,i wonder how much of that went DIRECTLY  into EAs own pockets

maybe ill play a EA game again,,but not withoui at least 14 days trial

the STAR WARS IP has suffered a lot because of this,,GG EA

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by simplius

yea they banned me from forums, while andryah get to continue to spin EAs moneygrab

the market was ready for a STAR WARS MMO,,they made it , and sold it

stupidly enough, i bought it,,a waste of of money

after the 2 week honeymoon, this game only has lightsabers left,,and theyre bugged too

their "space missions" is a joke,,look at STO

some of the stories was good,,,but mostly it was star trek episode quality

if this game cost 200 mio to make,,i wonder how much of that went DIRECTLY  into EAs own pockets

maybe ill play a EA game again,,but not withoui at least 14 days trial

the STAR WARS IP has suffered a lot because of this,,GG EA

Andryah is one of the very few I put on ignore long ago and never missed it since then.

You just can't discuss with this person. Reading his posts was a pure waste of time.

Back to TOR, please don't blame EA for TOR. I mean well blame them for not having stepped in the game management earlier as well BioWare wasted milions of dollars without supervision from EA and delivered poorly in the end.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

Exactly..GW2 Cash Grab Halloween chests anyone?

Conveniently forgotten when it means another chance to jump on the bash TOR bandwagon...Pathetic...

Driz

yea but GW had an acual EVENT,,NOT just cartel items,,even STO made a winter zone

putting the items up for sale without an event to go with them,,is just wrong

i hope george will call EA about his % soon,,and find out what is going on

george: "hows that game of ours doing,,are we making any money?"

EA: "its doing GREAT, george,,we have just made it freemium, and now a jedi can replace his

lightsaber with a good old axe,,how cool is that?"

george:"........."