Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't forget if your upset the way AV is treating the players there is other way of dealing with it

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I noticed a lot of upset people and I'm really upset myself. [mod edit]

I think its important people reflect their feelings so AV knows about this. They been doing this for many years and got away always because of how unique the game is and one of a kind. Does not mean we need to bend of and get spanked. We can make it clear that they need to communicate better.

SNIP

Comments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    My game didn't make it out on time so I'm going to say it's a bad game.  I'm still going to buy it and play it tho D:
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    My game didn't make it out on time so I'm going to say it's a bad game.  I'm still going to buy it and play it tho D:

Company is bad remember that. The game is unique and one of a kind but it does not mean you have to bow down and get onto your knees because they can't treat us like a person. 

SNIP

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

It's a bad company, but you're so desperate to play their game that you accuse them of not treating you like a person because their team didn't get it on Steam in an impossibly short amount of time.   The steam integration happened after the 12/12/12 launch announcement, and if you bother to read their response you'll see that they realized Steam is the right way to go, but in order to do it right they are forced to delay.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

It's a bad company, but you're so desperate to play their game that you accuse them of not treating you like a person because their team didn't get it on Steam in an impossibly short amount of time.   The steam integration happened after the 12/12/12 launch announcement, and if you bother to read their response you'll see that they realized Steam is the right way to go, but in order to do it right they are forced to delay.

What AV says and what AV does are 2 different things.

It's all nice and dandy to say that they didn't expect to be greenlit so quickly and all, but it doesn't excuse delaying a game the day it was supposed to launch, even though they clearly knew they were going to delay it. What's more is that rather than a launch, now it's turned into a Beta, which speaks volume of what this would-be launch would've been like had they not delayed it.

All in all, it's just your typical AV update that somehow always manages to make the fans rile up in defense of DF even though they've been bending over for the last 3-4 years already. As I've said in a previous thread, gamers are masochists.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Yes because no other MMORPG has ever released, and launched on steam months or years later.

lol

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

You guys are so cynical and infantile. At this point, it's a tragic comedey of man-children who are having a tantrum because they can't have their video game while simultaneously knowing that there was always a chance that the release date could be pushed back. The only justification for acting like an angsty hormonally unbalanced teenager is if you are actually an angsty hormonally unbalanced teenager.

I want to play DF:UW as well, but it's a, "welp" moment as in: "Welp, guess I'll just wait for another month."  Not a, "OMG RAGE! LOWER HYPE RATINGS! REPORT TO BBB! BURRRRRRRRN THE HORRIBLE COMPANY!"

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by ezpz77

You guys are so cynical and infantile. At this point, it's a tragic comedey of man-children who are having a tantrum because they can't have their video game while simultaneously knowing that there was always a chance that the release date could be pushed back. The only justification for acting like an angsty hormonally unbalanced teenager is if you are actually an angsty hormonally unbalanced teenager.

I want to play DF:UW as well, but it's a, "welp" moment as in: "Welp, guess I'll just wait for another month."  Not a, "OMG RAGE! LOWER HYPE RATINGS! REPORT TO BBB! BURRRRRRRRN THE HORRIBLE COMPANY!"

lol. this x 1000.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93

How don't people understand that it isn't that it was delayed, but the fact that it was delayed on the day of release when they clearly knew it was not ready since at least last week. If people were mad about the delay tiself you would be seeing "Oh wow I can't play until Monday! Lets burn the company down!" What you see is people angry about their piss poor communication over sometihng they knew about. They're blaming the delay on them getting Grenlit on Steam. If that was the issue then why not announce it after it happened November 30th.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Cstahler92

How don't people understand that it isn't that it was delayed, but the fact that it was delayed on the day of release when they clearly knew it was not ready since at least last week. If people were mad about the delay tiself you would be seeing "Oh wow I can't play until Monday! Lets burn the company down!" What you see is people angry about their piss poor communication over sometihng they knew about. They're blaming the delay on them getting Grenlit on Steam. If that was the issue then why not announce it after it happened November 31st.

i really dont think they knew they was going to delay last week

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

November 31st.

derp.   is that like leap year?

Originally posted by Raxeon

How don't people understand that it isn't that it was delayed, but the fact that it was delayed on the day of release when they clearly knew it was not ready since at least last week. If people were mad about the delay tiself you would be seeing "Oh wow I can't play until Monday! Lets burn the company down!" What you see is people angry about their piss poor communication over sometihng they knew about. They're blaming the delay on them getting Grenlit on Steam. If that was the issue then why not announce it after it happened November 31st.

i really dont think they knew they was going to delay last week

"We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready. We have a firm ETA for Monday,December 17th. By beta version we mean the game will be running in debug mode so that we can quickly get valuable feedback from playtesting and we can identify and address issues as quickly as possible."

They didn't even have a playable build ready.

Originally posted by muffins89

November 31st.

derp.   is that like leap year?

Didn't notice that and fixed it because it was on November 30th either way.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

How don't people understand that it isn't that it was delayed, but the fact that it was delayed on the day of release when they clearly knew it was not ready since at least last week. If people were mad about the delay tiself you would be seeing "Oh wow I can't play until Monday! Lets burn the company down!" What you see is people angry about their piss poor communication over sometihng they knew about. They're blaming the delay on them getting Grenlit on Steam. If that was the issue then why not announce it after it happened November 30th.

I understand the situation perfectly well, but I still think the reaction is hilariously sad.

I understand the situation perfectly well, but I still think the reaction is hilariously sad.

I think maybe 2/10 people are uspet becuase they can't play and I'd say 1/2 probably took off work to play. Which IMO is a decent excuse to be mad. The rest of people are mad at how poorly it was handled and to me that is a good reason. don't kill the game, but AV needs to see some backlash from this.

BTW the hype and the meter are not perm. They become a better community and communicate more to their player base then I will for sure change my review of them. That is the whole point it can go up but also go down.

SNIP

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

I think maybe 2/10 people are uspet becuase they can't play and I'd say 1/2 probably took off work to play. Which IMO is a decent excuse to be mad. The rest of people are mad at how poorly it was handled and to me that is a good reason. don't kill the game, but AV needs to see some backlash from this.

If you took off work to play a game with a predicted release date based on AV's past, you deserve this for being an idiot.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I'm rather surprised that folks didn't think that they would most likely delay the game again. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

Originally posted by doragon86
    I'm rather surprised that folks didn't think that they would most likely delay the game again. 

I think once it got to the scheduled release day no one was expecting it.

Yeah and never really heard of a game on release day being pushed back a month + heh.

SNIP

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

thats not the issue, of course people want to buy it and play it...

The issue is AV waited until about an hour before release day to tell people.. thats why they are pissed off.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    doesn't it pisses everyone off to pay for a beta build ?  I would rather GET payed to test their game.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    doesn't it pisses everyone off to pay for a beta build ?  I would rather GET payed to test their game.

Haha not at all.

We will test out different builds and have fun. You can continue to play these forum for free, while you dream about your perfect imaginary sandbox mmo.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by kanechart

I noticed a lot of upset people and I'm really upset myself. There is better ways of handling it for example [mod edit]

I think its important people reflect their feelings so AV knows about this. They been doing this for many years and got away always because of how unique the game is and one of a kind. Does not mean we need to bend of and get spanked. We can make it clear that they need to communicate better.

Clearly they are not a mega millions corporation that has the staff or resources of EA/Bliz/ANet/NC ect.

Stop acting like a entitled kiddie. Would you prefer that they release it bug ridden and laggy? 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Being mad for the sake of being mad.
This discussion has been closed.