Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Launch Delayed, Extensive Beta Incoming Soon...

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In a large update to Darkfall's Official Blog, Tasos Flabouras broke the news that launch will be missed tomorrow and instead all pre-orders will be given access to the beta phase, with launch somewhere soon around the corner. From the official blog:

• We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready. We have a firm ETA for Monday,December 17th. By beta version we mean the game will be running in debug mode so that we can quickly get valuable feedback from playtesting and we can identify and address issues as quickly as possible.

• Pre-orders get beta access; we’re making pre-orders available on Friday so you can download the game over the weekend.

• Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start.  Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed.

• We can focus on playing and working with you to identify any bugs and imbalances and will continue working closely with our players to improve the game so that by the time the game launches it will be as perfect as possible. There will be developer – player interaction on issues that come up, and we want to keep developing a user-centric culture throughout the lifecycle of Darkfall Unholy Wars.

• We will also be working round the clock on getting the game ready for a Steam launch with all the Steam features we want integrated.

• The Darkfall Unholy Wars launch should happen as soon as we’re cleared to do a Steam launch, we assume that the game will be properly tested by then as well. Our estimate is January after the holidays. We will announce a specific launch date as soon as possible. We need to estimate the exact time it takes to integrate all the Steam features, and to assess what feedback we get from our playtesters.

Guess we'll see how the beta pans out, and then look forward to launch. Are you dismayed by this news, surprised, looking forward to the testing? Let us know!

Read the rest of Tasos' post over on the Darkfall Blog.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    yeah, i think everyone saw the delay coming, especially given the last week or so of silence. anyway. good luck to aventurine and fans when the game does launch. i'll be interested to see if df can pull it off this time.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    looking forward to watch some gameplay videos, real ones and not staged
  • AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    these guys seem to break every deadline they make. 

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• shikyo111shikyo111 Member Posts: 10
    alrdy playing difrent game cuz of there delays maybe next time.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ......so SAD, they should of admitted that their game wasnt ready for even a beta let alone a launch.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• Furion-HunterFurion-Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 48
    AV = Fail company, at least im not hyped to play it anymore..
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Im not sure how anyone could have expected any better from these guys.  I enjoyed DF but knew who i was in bed with.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    no surprise here.

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Bill will MMORPG.COM be removing DFUW from the 2012 awards voting seeing as how it won't be released till 2013? Could of course still be most aticipated, but GOTY when it won't even be released this year seems silly

Oh and since we saw the exact same stuff with Df 1.0 maybe next time MMORPG.COM does a interview with Tasos for any Av game you could ask a tough question like with one missed release already and a second release on the way if they actually have a playable build yet. As you can see from their anouncement they don't even have a playable build yet to beta.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

What I don't understand is all the people complaining about it not being launched and claiming that you have to pay to play beta.  When you think about it it says pre-orders get beta plus 30 days of game time when it goes live.  So you will be playing for free for a game you were already going to purchase and then when it eventually comes out you're good to go anyway.  

Before anyone calls me a fanboy I never played the first one and I started following this one about 2 weeks ago

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by winter

Bill will MMORPG.COM be removing DFUW from the 2012 awards voting seeing as how it won't be released till 2013? Could of course still be most aticipated, but GOTY when it won't even be released this year seems silly

Oh and since we saw the exact same stuff with Df 1.0 maybe next time MMORPG.COM does a interview with Tasos for any Av game you could ask a tough question like with one missed release already and a second release on the way if they actually have a playable build yet. As you can see from their anouncement they don't even have a playable build yet to beta.

It's not up for GotY, but we removed it from Most Innovative.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by winter

It's not up for GotY, but we removed it from Most Innovative.

Just curious. Will we be able to revote?  

• poliboypoliboy Member Posts: 39

This guys are a joke.

I have no respect for this guys.

Such a great game but such a bad managment.

There is no way i will spend a dime on this game till it releases for more than few months.

Tasos words = Useless Junk.

• ffxrazielffxraziel Member UncommonPosts: 8
    We all saw that one comming
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

imo, its a standard practice to beta a new product, a step in the right direction and why rush the release therefore destroying the brand name.

just saying...

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

So they wait until the day before "launch" to tell people about a delay, and then announce a Beta soon to start.

They dont even have a Beta build ready?? And say this was a last minute decision?? How in the hell could this be a last minute decision when beta build is not ready??

This is laughable, but not a suprise.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Sadly, no on the re-vote. It can't be done without redoing it all. It's early though, voting goes until to 12/24.

My Review Manifesto

• omgwtfjhcomgwtfjhc Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Ackbar

This is not suprising, we all know the greeks only work a few days a week and take long ass vacations, just sayin ;p

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Arrogance

Joined - July 2004

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    would u prefer them to release a bug infested game at launch or having a beta to iron out the bugs/exploits etc...
  • KertKert Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by omgwtfjhc
    Originally posted by Ackbar

This is not suprising, we all know the greeks only work a few days a week and take long ass vacations, just sayin ;p

Completely wrong, Greece is the 2nd nation in the world for most worked hours per year per person. 

Greeks work 2017 hours per year on average, which is higher than any country in Europe.

germans work 1408 per year, Brits 1647, dutch around 1300.

so how about getting some actual data, than just making shit up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18144319

I smell.. I smell...  Gyro...

Someone seems upset over what was clearly a joke. 

Seems kind of jerkish to cancel your launch one day before, then tell people they don't really even have a playable (beta) version of the game yet. 

Though I guess people might have been slightly more upset by them saying nothing, and then have them trying to log into the game for the next several months and getting nowhere.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Funny thing is, they're saying preorders + beta test to be release on Dec 17 and estimated new release date in January and yet it's not their fault. This is obviously a lie lol. They feel that the game should be tested by the players and yet they use that excuse to push the release date again and do a beta for a month? Hilarious! Also, returning DF players who have been told that they will have the game for free now need to pay for it?

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by SirFubar

Funny thing is, they're saying preorders + beta test to be release on Dec 17 and estimated new release date in January and yet it's not their fault. This is obviously a lie lol. They feel that the game should be tested by the players and yet they use that excuse to push the release date again and do a beta for a month? Hilarious! Also, returning DF players who have been told that they will have the game for free now need to pay for it?

Its still free for returning players. They just need to pay their first months sub (which you still get once it goes live) and activate their accounts. 

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by shikyo111
    alrdy playing difrent game cuz of there delays maybe next time.

what's the game?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

not surprised.

glad for the delay.

the synergy of a tested game coordinated with a Steam release should really help.

glad for the extra free playtime the beta test will allow.

Corpus Callosum