Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As a Jedi Guardian, where do I quest/level 16-20?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I finished Coruscant (sp?) at level 15 and got sent to Ord Mantell on a class quest where I have to kill an 16th level Elite. But I can't even come close.

So I thought I'd skip it to move to the next area and come and do it later when I have better gear and a level or three, but there doesn't seem to be one. The next I can find is Nar Shadda, which is 20-24.

Any help? Or some sort of leveing guide? I tried searching on google, but it mostly turned up scam sites. My Bounty Hunter character had a 16-20 planet (Balmorra), so I think the Jedi should, too, right?

Thanks!

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Your class quest should naturally lead you to the next area which is Taris for 16-20 Jedi.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If all you need is one level to be the same,just kill stuff that are around you right now.

This games combat and Ai are not intuitive what so ever,everything is a very simple structure.Levels matter more than skills,so just get another level and you should be able to win.

You did get your companion?Also look for some solo elite mobs to kill,they are tougher but imo might drop some useful green gear if your gear is not so good.The elite fights are good practice for the bigger fights that involve an elite.

Also remember to have the best meds you can use on your hotbar,can only use one med per fight,just don't wait to long to activate it ,use the HOT [heal over time meds]..You can also upgrade your companions gear as well.Also use a damage stim [depending on class,can't remeber what stim gives a Guardian dmg].The alternative would be the stim that makes your companion stronger,i think is cunning stim but can't remember for sure.

i tend to kill the weakest in the fights first.This is because the elites take longer and you will take damage from all 3 while fighting the elite.Good chance your companion draws the elite while you are killing the weaker foes first.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    That robot that comes with your ship c3n3 or whatever his name is actually is a pretty good healer. You can equip him nicely if you have cybertech and you do not even have to reverse engineer to get them since the recipes are sold blue. With that his healing should get you through most fights. Spec for damage and you are good to go.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I never had this problem. If you do all the quests,companions and participate in space or PVP here and there you should always be right at or even a level above the missions. And that's not factoring in the heroics,group stuff and new system where you can pay for faster XP gains. 

I'd recomend checking on the last planet you left. Did you do all the quests and did you do the final  world quest chain that is always there right before you leave?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I never had this problem. If you do all the quests,companions and participate in space or PVP here and there you should always be right at or even a level above the missions. And that's not factoring in the heroics,group stuff and new system where you can pay for faster XP gains. 

I'd recomend checking on the last planet you left. Did you do all the quests and did you do the final  world quest chain that is always there right before you leave?

That's the problem with SW:TOR , add in doing the "bonus" quests, and your realize the "optional" content isn't quite so optional when you want to stay at the leveling curve.  You shouldn't have to do everything in order to not fall behind.  As long as you complete your main story missions and all the solo side-missions that accompany the story quests, you should be fine.  Bonus quests, heroic missions, space missions, PvP, and flashpoints should all be totally optional.

Also, Jedi Knights are insanely underpowered until they get their healer companion around level 40.  I don't doubt BioWare lost a substantial number of subscribers over the fact that it was so frustrating to level a jedi knight in comparison to other classes such as the trooper.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    When I played it I was always out leveling everything before completing all the quests, had to delete so many quests because they always turned grey. Did they slow down the exp gain now to equal it out?
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    With the Free to play exp decrease it can be hard to be with in lvl range but you can rerun the heroics in any of the areas you have done already and get your lvl. You can also run Esseles Flash point again to get a lvl. I was 2 lvls above what I needed by doing this before I even got off Coruscant and still had one Heroic to do there before I left. I have gotten 4 lvls so far on Taris and have just hit the halfway point there as well and am sitting at lvl 23 right now on my Jedi and my friend is lvl 24 jedi and we have another that is lvl 17 and just now going to Taris. So just remember to do all quests and heroics and you should stay with in lvl range.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

I finished Coruscant (sp?) at level 15 and got sent to Ord Mantell on a class quest where I have to kill an 16th level Elite. But I can't even come close.

So I thought I'd skip it to move to the next area and come and do it later when I have better gear and a level or three, but there doesn't seem to be one. The next I can find is Nar Shadda, which is 20-24.

Any help? Or some sort of leveing guide? I tried searching on google, but it mostly turned up scam sites. My Bounty Hunter character had a 16-20 planet (Balmorra), so I think the Jedi should, too, right?

Thanks!

The answer is Taris. 

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

Thanks!

Follow your class story, it's so linear.  You can't miss.

Originally posted by fascism
    [mod edit]

Removing SWTOR is a shoddy attempt by EA through their wizard to remove the game (done it twice).  It still leaves remnants all over including orphaned and old swap files, not to mention what it does to the registry.  You need to manually clean out the remnants, which takes some know-how.  You may as well suggest reloading the OS.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I have no idea what people are talking about. If you can't solo a elite at around your own level with any companion something is seriosuly wrong.

Here is how you do it:

You have saber ward, it gives you 12 secs of near invulnerability, which you can double with heroic moment. Thats 24 secs of +50% melee and ranged defense. After thats over you put your little droid from dps into tankmode, click his taunt and simply go to town on the mob.

Jedi knight is by far the most powerful - non-healer companion - class at your level. Elite usually can't even put me below 80% health ... We need more info, but something is wrong with either your playstyle or gear.

Edit: Use soresu form when fighting elite.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

The issue many F2P players will face as the game goes on is the 25% XP reduction, which makes following the class-quest ever more difficult.  I'm also a F2P player (now lvl 31) and I can tell you you need to do just about every non-heroic quest and collect all bonus XP objectives to remain on-level with your class quest.  You also need to just kill some random mobs along the way or find a group for some of the heroic quests. 

Lastly, some classes don't shine until lvl 40 or higher, while others come into their own very early on. The Jedi Sentinel is a class that doesn't do well early on and is also very gear dependent because you are the primary DPS and no healing companion for a long time while only wearing medium armor. By comparison, a Jedi Sage does good damage from range, has a good companion early on and can heal themselves rather easily.  The difference in difficulty is truly staggering.  Not every class can blow through content early on in the game.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

My initial thought was that you simply skipped a bunch of quests, because you should be leaving Coruscant at around 17 to 18.  But then I remembered they slowed down XP gains for free players, which might be what you are running into.  If so, I'd suggest running space missions and some flashpoints a few times to gain a few levels.

If you are a subscriber, then go back and do the quests you skipped.

You make me like charity