Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    I kind of agree with this. It is clear that they knew the game wasn't going to launch. I seriously doubt they wrote that blog and then put it up instantly and if that is how it went then it is even worse lol. They knew it was coming and yet they waited till the day of and that isn't something that they should get a slap on the wrist for. I doubt they will get un greenlit, but if it happened it would surely teach them a lesson about Customer Service.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    I highly doubt you can un-greenlight something. Just speak with your wallet and don't buy the game.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    [mod edit]

better this way anyhow, lets them get their s*** together a little bit more before launch. it's impossible to have a finished product when you only use internal play testing on an MMO. smart move on AV's part and really silly of people to not expect this.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by evilized
    [mod edit]

better this way anyhow, lets them get their s*** together a little bit more before launch. it's impossible to have a finished product when you only use internal play testing on an MMO. smart move on AV's part and really silly of people to not expect this.

If AV was as smart as you say, they would have been letting players externally test it months ago, especially when they claimed in the statement today that they have always thought players should test it. LOL. BS.

smart move today, smarter move 4 months ago. arent you the dude that's been spamming the DF official forums with nonsense threads all day anyhow?
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    [mod edit]

Dumb move on AV's part to not know this before the day of their second release date. Seriously stop sticking up for the company. if they didn't know they needed a beta test by their first release date they were idiots. (let alone by the day or their second release date,)

Originally posted by winter
    [mod edit]

Dumb move on AV's part to not know this the day of their second release date. Seriously stop sticking up for the company. if they didn't know they needed a beta test by their first release date they were idiots. (let alone by the day or their second release date,)

/agree this quote is what kills me

"We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready."

You don't have a build yet and you have a launch date? There is literally NO WAY they just figured out it won't launch tomorrow.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    smart move today, smarter move 4 months ago. arent you the dude that's been spamming the DF official forums with nonsense threads all day anyhow?

I'd disagree idiot move today (actual day of second release attempt) smart move before actual day of first release attempt 9in oct) and smarter move 4 months ago. What are you saying they had no idea up untill today the day of their secopnd release attempt that the game really should be beta'd. So last week all lights were green and everything was hunky-dory?

Originally posted by Cstahler92
    Originally posted by winter
    [mod edit]

Dumb move on AV's part to not know this the day of their second release date. Seriously stop sticking up for the company. if they didn't know they needed a beta test by their first release date they were idiots. (let alone by the day or their second release date,)

/agree this quote is what kills me

"We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready."

You don't have a build yet and you have a launch date? There is literally NO WAY they just figured out it won't launch tomorrow.

Yeah. That was another part of the statement that made me scratch my head and say, WHAT?! And you just watch. Fully playable will not mean all the features are in place. We will of course get the excuse about them needing more internal polishing. But what they really mean is those features are not implemented.

imagine for a second that the game launched today and it was no where near ready. if you think the s***storm on the forums right now is bad.... should they have beta'd the game months ago? yes. does AV have a bad track record when it comes to anything to do with setting dates and hitting goals? yes. do i trust AV at all? no, certainly not; i was in the beta for the original darkfall for a long while, i know better.

was delaying the game in order to beta it and release a more finished product a smart move? yes. why even argue this point? you'd have to be daft.

imagine for a second that the game launched today and it was no where near ready. if you think the s***storm on the forums right now is bad.... should they have beta'd the game months ago? yes. does AV have a bad track record when it comes to anything to do with setting dates and hitting goals? yes. do i trust AV at all? no, certainly not; i was in the beta for the original darkfall for a long while, i know better.

was delaying the game in order to beta it and release a more finished product a smart move? yes. why even argue this point? you'd have to be daft.

It isn't the fact that it got delayed that is pisisng people off. It is the fatc that they knew, sat on their balls, and waited to delay it the day it is scheduled to be released.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    What did it gain them to wait till today? 
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    What did it gain them to wait till today? 

It definitely didn't gain them any potential buyers.

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Do you want a properly tested game in a month or a buggy game tomarrow?  Sh*t happens.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Saur0n
    Do you want a properly tested game in a month or a buggy game tomarrow?  Sh*t happens.

a month? lol.

Are you people even reading what the actual complaints about this are? I want AV to be professional and have respect for its customers. I don't give a crap about the delay.

The fact that the beta isn't even ready is saying something.

Originally posted by Ikonis

Are you people even reading what the actual complaints about this are? I want AV to be professional and have respect for its customers. I don't give a crap about the delay.

Exactly.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Neutral about the game myself, but Aventurine really handled this situation poorly. If you need to delay the game then fine! Polish that sucker until it shines with the brilliance of a thousand suns!  However, you don't wait until the day before release to announce it! Hell, in some time zones it is the day of release.

There's no way in hell that they woke up this morning and said to themselves, "Oh shit, the game isn't ready! We need to delay launch in order to test and polish things!".

They should've announced this a week ago, or sooner. They obviously have little respect for either their current or any potential customers. Not a good attitude for an indie company to have (or any company for that matter).

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ..........ya since it was steams fault the game couldnt be pushed thur so fast!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by TheJoda

If this was the issue I'd understand, but the fact that beta isn't even coming until next week just makes me think they are lying.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

If this was the issue I'd understand, but the fact that beta isn't even coming until next week just makes me think they are lying.

agree 100% with you, delay the game fine....but lying to your customers/playerbase...wtf?!?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

agree 100% with you, delay the game fine....but lying to your customers/playerbase...wtf?!?

Yeah if they had said this in their last update people wouldn't be nearly as pissed off as they are. I'm starting to think that it might actually get unlit. Steam actually seems to respect their fans and letting a game made by a company that doesn't could go against what they believe. Idk if it should be removed, but the uprorar needs to reach AV.