Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAME DELAYED, real

Comments

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Wizardry

/sigh

How come people are unhappy?This is imo a VERY good professional decision.

Geesus i wish develoeprs like Square and Anet where that honest,to admit it is not ready we need more tresting and time.

They get bonus props from me.

It is almost impossible to fool me when comes to games that are released unfinished/not ready and it has become an epedemic over the last 5 or so years.So ya this brings a smile on my face and gives me hope that there are still devs with proper morals.

It would have been professional a couple months ago. Not on release day, when they claim they have always thought players should test.

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Originally posted by Lizardone
    ya, the official forums are wet of so much crying, please grab a towel if you are heading there

I think you mean this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkIPaxBsWy4

lulz, I forgot the end of the world is near

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Cstahler92
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    It is what it is.  People are reacting pretty childishly though. 

It isn't the fatc that they delayed that is pisisng people off. It is how they announced it the day of and said:

"We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready."

Clearly they knew it was not going to launch today and they didn't JUST figure it out.

Ok so today was their second release date and according to them they don't even have a playable build ready?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Delays are good

Better to get a working game than a rushed mess
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Delays are good

Better to get a working game than a rushed mess

Delays are good. Unprofessional handling of the situation and deceit are not.

Originally posted by minttunator
    I think it's great that they decided to test the game this time - hopefully it will lead to a better launch. Their PR guy (if they have one - certainly doesn't seem like it) needs to be fired though. This information should have been available weeks ago. 

Tasos is their part time PR guy

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Crap news, and it would have been nice if it had been delivered in a more professional manner, but this will ultimately benefit the game when it finally fucking releases.

I said I was going to throw a mild hissy fit if we got a second delay, but instead I'm going to settle for wearing a dirty smirk while I peruse the net, and I'll probably be clicking my mouse with a noticeable amount of aggression.

There goes my dream of spending Christmas in Agon image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by modus
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by modus

ETA is estimated time of arrival.  Just saying.

Guess I should have quoted ... LOL.

Which makes the phrase "firm ETA" so freaking hilarious.

Would you have preferred "ripe ETA"?

Nothing is "ripe" when is comes to AV.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

Meh, this is a good thing. If they actually are able to make the game better and more bug free with another month or so, then good. It would suck to release and have all sorts of issues that ruin the experience. While I wanted to play tomorrow as much as the next guy, this is for the best. I will be pre-ordering Friday, though I probably won't play beta.

I'd much rather they not give release date information until they actually know it, but pretty much all companies delay several times, or they don't and they release a game that is buggy as hell :P. Even GW2 that had a huggggee budget and team working on it released and the first - what 2 weeks? there was no working auction house lol.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Well no money for them. Bought a firefall support pack instead. Only reason I waited was to play darkfall but since they f*kd us hard again I'm gonna f*k them too... 
    Originally posted by joeri123
    Well no money for them. Bought a firefall support pack instead. Only reason I waited was to play darkfall but since they f*kd us hard again I'm gonna f*k them too... 

I see lots of people saying this... but honestly, I'm gonna bet almost all the folks like yourself will be playing when it releases.  lol. The MMO market is such crapola right now. Most MMO fans are dying for something different and new.

See you guys at release ;)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The delay itself is ok, the reasons for delay is where true fun is.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ..............odd who would of guessed a delay, OH thats right WE ALL DID

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Meh, this is a good thing. If they actually are able to make the game better and more bug free with another month or so, then good. It would suck to release and have all sorts of issues that ruin the experience. While I wanted to play tomorrow as much as the next guy, this is for the best. I will be pre-ordering Friday, though I probably won't play beta.

I'd much rather they not give release date information until they actually know it, but pretty much all companies delay several times, or they don't and they release a game that is buggy as hell :P. Even GW2 that had a huggggee budget and team working on it released and the first - what 2 weeks? there was no working auction house lol.

They don't even have a working beta yet, what are you smoking? GW2 launched when they said it would launch atleast.

Originally posted by Fearum
    They don't even have a working beta yet, what are you smoking? GW2 launched when they said it would launch atleast.

I'd rather have GW2 delay a tiny bit and get their crap figured out instead of delaying the auction house :P Prices went aps***t cause of that. By the time prices started finally settling, I got bored and quit like many others lol.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

they knew they they fucked up to often, probably saw it comming weeks prior but since they were too afraid of failing again they refrained from admitting it and continued to hope it would turn alright

same shit you see with homework / papers happening regularly, just on bigger scale

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Anyone find it interesting that the beta will be available on the 17th? They were not even close to done.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Originally posted by Fearum

I'd rather have GW2 delay a tiny bit and get their crap figured out instead of delaying the auction house :P Prices went aps***t cause of that. By the time prices started finally settling, I got bored and quit like many others lol.

Yeah, I made some gold lol.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start.  Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed...

HUH? What about people who bought the game? We are considered returning player? Didn't they said  we would get DFUW FREE? Seriously..  wtf is going on lmao.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    GOOD i for one am HAPPY they are delaying it...i do not want a rushed game with bugs put out. Rather they take all the itme they need! I want a game that is polished not bugged out! Hope they delay it again till May 2013 :)

Originally posted by Dantae87
    GOOD i for one am HAPPY they are delaying it...i do not want a rushed game with bugs put out. Rather they take all the itme they need! I want a game that is polished not bugged out! Hope they delay it again till May 2013 :)

most likely you will get your wish. they admit they don't even have a playable build. No company in their right mind evens gives a release date without even having a playable build. Basically what they are saying is that they might be able to string all the parts together by the 17th or they may well find the parts are incompatable and have to do major reworking of the code requiring months (or in AV's case years) to get to a working beta build state.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by bingo69

Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start.  Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed...

HUH? What about people who bought the game? We are considered returning player? Didn't they said  we would get DFUW FREE? Seriously..  wtf is going on lmao.

You're more or less still getting the game for free, but you won't be able to play it for free. AV worded it poorly, but ultimately, when the game goes live you'll have to spend $15/month from the get-go to play (most likely meaning that there will be no trial for returning players). So in this case, it's like these returning players would make an upfront payment for a month of game time (thus why they get 1 "free" month when the game launches) as well as Beta access, without having to buy the client.

It's still complete bullshit though. They should've just done a Beta like Square Enix is doing for FFXIV's Alphas (only accessible for ex-subscribers for free). Just get people to register and randomly pick players up to join the Alpha, and add more players as the need for further stress testing goes.

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

pay to play beta

totally shocked!

no, really i am - no , seriously - totally

pre-orders = psychological commitment and positive hype

smart

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by bloodbone
    Announcement on Launch and Playtest
    December 11, 2012 Tasos Flambouras No comments
    Dear Friends,

We have come to a decision, not without much internal debate, that instead of commercial release this Wednesday as planned we are going to launch the game for playtesting first. We also believe that we owe the community a thorough explanation for this last minute decisions, so the reasons behind it are the following:

We are Aventurine.

Thank you for reading

Fixed.

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    Not suprising at all. Sad part is they keep setting these release dates just to keep the gullable ones happy and the hype going on the front page. Missed the first release date, annouced push back a few days before, now missed the second and announced push back a day before, and now had the nerve to release another date. How about just saying the game will be done when it's done. When they pushed it back the first time, they just should have said within the next few months. So unprofessional how this got handled. Hard to beleive these guys are game developers.