Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAME DELAYED, real

Comments

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

this is just Aventurine being Aventurine. No surprise at all.

Now the real deal will be when the game releases, thats where they need to surprise us all with a good game, unlike the previous one.

• SymianCerebrumSymianCerebrum Member Posts: 3
    I think these guys should adopt a new policy.  For instance, Give the release a "Firm ETA" of say, 1-20-15.  That way, if they manage to get it out 1-20-14 they will be cheered.  Or maybe not say anything at all. Hehe.  I seriously doubt they didnt realize they were not ready until a week ago.  Unless maybe team leaders have been playing golf and just stopped by the shop to see how things were going.  Oh well, they seem to have great game concept and terrible business savvy. No one is perfect.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by modus

ETA is estimated time of arrival.  Just saying.

Guess I should have quoted ... LOL.

Which makes the phrase "firm ETA" so freaking hilarious.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by coretex666

I do not consider it a problem.

The only thing is that next time they should not hurry with announcing a release date which they are not certain they can make.

Otherwise, we should appreciate "lets release it when the game is ready" approach taken by them. There is no reason to blame them for it in my eyes.

Rly? No reason to blame AV? You don´t blame them for telling us this the LAST DAY b4 launch? You think they didn´t knew this looooong b4? For real? Nothing wrong here at all? All fine and dandy? They sure have some dedicated fans. I give them that. Thank GOD I´m neutral and can see shit and call it when I see it.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

"We also believe that a Steam launch can help the game get the critical mass it needs to be as fun as it can possibly be, and we feel it’s important to have the game tested more thoroughly before this happens."

LOL. Really? They didn't think a thoroughly tested game was necessary without steam? This pretty much proves to me they would have released an unfinished buggy product if it hasn't been for Greenlight.

Now watch. This 'fully playable beta' will have disabled features that they want to 'polish up internally first'. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

The only thing is that next time they should not hurry with announcing a release date which they are not certain they can make.

Otherwise, we should appreciate "lets release it when the game is ready" approach taken by them. There is no reason to blame them for it in my eyes.

Rly? No reason to blame AV? You don´t blame them for telling us this the LAST DAY b4 launch? You think they didn´t knew this looooong b4? For real? Nothing wrong here at all? All fine and dandy? They sure have some dedicated fans. I give them that. Thank GOD I´m neutral and can see shit and call it when I see it.

12:48am 12/12/2012 in Greece right now. They did it on launch day image

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24
    Good on them, deciding to try and work out some bugs and receive feedback instead of pushing their product out the door before it is ready.

kinda stupid of them to think they could release the game with no beta in the first place don't you think.

A Good company would have figured that yet they would need a beta, they would also inform their customers in a timely manner and have thing like subscription prices worked out before say the day or preorder. instead of ever month say of yeah sorry we will release it next month. i mean really laast firday when tasos said it will be out on 12/12 you think he didn't know there was no way it would be out on time? (did it really just the day before releaase dawn on them the game seriously needed beta testing?)

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Good on them, deciding to try and work out some bugs and receive feedback instead of pushing their product out the door before it is ready.

Good for them? Sorry you announce that a week before not right on the day of the release. I respect the reason they need to I don't respect them doing it the day of. That is spitting in peoples faces right there. Sad thing is I saw a lot of people having planned events and such for this day. Ugh

SNIP

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

The only reason I'm upset about the delay is that now the morons from all of the other bad WoW-Clone games have more reason to come troll us on our forums.

But in the end, after all of the delays, we still win.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

I am as neutral as I can possible get. I will wait for reviews before I decide whether I buy the game or not. I was not an original DF player either.

I said that next time they should wait with giving out release dates. Otherwise, I just think that gamers should be glad games are being made. They probably tried hard to make it by release date, they failed. You can either blame them or accept it as a fact. We apparently chose different  approach.

They didn´t try to the last minute to get it out. All that was written in that blog has been carefully planned. They didn´t write that the last minute. They knew this way b4 today. And making it a fact doesn´t take away the blame from them. They are to be blamed for getting our hopes up, and then "flip us the bird" at the last minute...

Originally posted by Kabaal

12:48am 12/12/2012 in Greece right now. They did it on launch day image

lol. Even worse then... image

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by kanechart

Good for them? Sorry you announce that a week before not right on the day of the release. I respect the reason they need to I don't respect them doing it the day of. That is spitting in peoples faces right there. Sad thing is I saw a lot of people having planned events and such for this day. Ugh

I know. This is ridiculous. They had SEVERAL days to do this and they could have jsut come out and said "We are pushing it back more info coming soon." instead we wait, silence, and then they come out and say that it is delayed the day it is supposed to come out. It is inexcusable and before I pre roder Friday I'm going to read their return policy extensively.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Not surprised about the delay.  Eventually it will get to beta.  I'm looking forward to seeing player commentary on the new design.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

^Amen. This is was pisses me off the most. This and taking away the whole "exploring a new world" that we won´t have now with the BETA b4 launch.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I think it's great that they decided to test the game this time - hopefully it will lead to a better launch. Their PR guy (if they have one - certainly doesn't seem like it) needs to be fired though. This information should have been available weeks ago. 
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

Hell. You do that months before if there was any truth to that bull line in the statement about how they always thought players should test the game. Oh really AV? After you have acted like the super secret external testing process was all you needed. Yeah players should test the game.....after it is released and they are paying monthly, is what they really mean.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

"Welcome to Darkfall!"

Despite the dissapointment I feel at the push back, this is a good thing.  News of a bad release is rough to come back from. 

Problem I see is everyone running the game in debug mode on Monday or whatever?  Anyone who has beta tested knows this means the game runs like shit in debug mode unless your sporting an uber rig.  The forums will be full of QQ on how the game is unplayable and laggy. 

I watched that MMORPG.com video of Tasos and thought to myself  "Heh, Tasos has matured."  Thinking Aventurines Ass Hattery was behind them.  Apparently not, yet again they handled this one poorly ..... as AV always did.

~Hairysun

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by modus

ETA is estimated time of arrival.  Just saying.

Guess I should have quoted ... LOL.

Which makes the phrase "firm ETA" so freaking hilarious.

Would you have preferred "ripe ETA"?

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Hate to say I told you so... This is nothing less then a epic fail. Hell, epic fail is even to kind. This is beyond bad. They knew this, before tonight, and could have said this earlier. Not that it would have made much difference. Still horrible. Big freaking smoke screen from AV these last few days making us hope. This ain´t a last minute decision.  Sux...

Oh get the heck out of here with that.  You can defend SV who did the same thing with awakening, yet come over here spewing this trash about AV.  At least be hard on the both of em.  I think it sucks too, especially cuz they waited the day off.  

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    they need to stress test the game? i have the popcorn ready
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    It is what it is.  People are reacting pretty childishly though. 
  • Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    It is what it is.  People are reacting pretty childishly though. 

It isn't the fatc that they delayed that is pisisng people off. It is how they announced it the day of and said:

"We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready."

Clearly they knew it was not going to launch today and they didn't JUST figure it out.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

/sigh

How come people are unhappy?This is imo a VERY good professional decision.

Geesus i wish develoeprs like Square and Anet where that honest,to admit it is not ready we need more tresting and time.

They get bonus props from me.

It is almost impossible to fool me when comes to games that are released unfinished/not ready and it has become an epedemic over the last 5 or so years.So ya this brings a smile on my face and gives me hope that there are still devs with proper morals.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    ya, the official forums are wet of so much crying, please grab a towel if you are heading there
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Lizardone
    ya, the official forums are wet of so much crying, please grab a towel if you are heading there

I think you mean this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkIPaxBsWy4