Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I think TSW deserves GoTY.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by hyperion529

Originally posted by Kenze
      Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by botrytis Originally posted by LlexX Im quiet supprised that EveOnline is missing from the list. Also GW2 is just getting too much attention, which it shouldn't deserve. This year was again a year of themeparks... sadly, hope that changes for the next year.
    Eve is not a new game - hence it should not be on the list.   Just becaue you don't like GW2 does not mean it shouldn't get this attention. In fact, I feel it is not getting enough attention now!
    Feel the same way about TSW, Sadly i feel TSW and GW2 were the 2 top games released this year. However since we are consitered Niche and the raging hatred of Funcom, we never really stood a chance at GOTY. im happy atleast with innovative.

how could TSW be considered GOTY when Funcom themselves think that the game failed to connect with and RETAIN the size of audience they expected. And Please, dont start all the excuses about timing and advertising and planetary misalignment as reasons for it lackluster reception.

What are you talking about?  The servers are still bustling with action at all times...while its never going to appeal to the mass audence (in order to do that you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator of gamer, which TSW does NOT do...it REQUIRES you to think while you play- for this reason alone, it won't appeal to most gamers)

No Excuses. I am thrilled to be in a game that respects intelligence and caters to the audience that apprecieates innovation, quality design, and the best damn storyline in any MMO ever (personal opinion ofc, but the story and voice acting is FAR superior to even SWTOR and GW2's storyline is laughable pathetic, at least what I played).  I am even MORE thrilled that I do not have to listen to dumbass things like this in game ever again. :D

+1

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Myself I want a Borderlands MMO with fully customizeable characters since I want a female Gunzerker with super long blond hair. Think Sailor Moon length of hair... hahaha that would be so awesome. :)
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by DancingQueen
    [mod edit]

nope still fail, Rift isnt classless, its a combination of 3 classes within its profession that still restricts you to those 3 classes. While TSW has no restriction. I can grab passive abilities from any of what you would call a profession or class in Rift. Thus Rift still has classes. 

Also given that Rift still uses things like levels, Does not hold the same atmosphere that TSW has, Cannot keep up with TSW in the story telling department, Does not have characters who have their own Gestures and Manerisms making them unique characters. There is actually few things in common between the 2 games

Try again.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by mrBurns210

It saddens me that Age of Wushu is not on the list for Most Anticipated / Rising Star.  I wonder why this game seemily gets no love. I guess I have abnormal taste when it comes to mmo games. I really enjoyed closed beta (1) as well as really looking forward to the next beta in a few days.  Actually I am pining for it to go live, feb ( I think it is still then) cannot come soon enough.

Mmorpg.com has shown that they really don't want to promote the game past the little mention it's given it. They didn't even bother to get in the first western beta in November, that should tell you all you need to know lol. Anyway, eight more days and we will have the second western beta, it will be massively.com that will be promoting the game again.

• metalfrodometalfrodo Member Posts: 1
    Why is League of Legends on there? It's not new at all, it came out a few years back.
    [mod edit]

nope still fail, Rift isnt classless, its a combination of 3 classes within its profession that still restricts you to those 3 classes. While TSW has no restriction. I can grab passive abilities from any of what you would call a profession or class in Rift. Thus Rift still has classes. 

Try again.

[mod edit]

Re read what i wrote, i wasnt done.

Edit - hit post before i was ready TBH.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

Between GW2 and TSW for me. GW2 is visually and technically great, but TSW hooked me in with the whole skill wheel and great content.

TSW for me.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Most Innovative... Can I get a none of the above option?

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by MustBeBad

Woooow GW2 has become like wow..everybody hates now  just because its popular.

GOTY here

Being popular isn't the reason GW2 has become like WoW...

Optional PvP = No PvP

Screw it, i'm leaving my description of Innvoation being something new brought into your genre. with that i will put in Sandbox and Themepark are not of the same Genre. The idea of brining something in from another genre doesnt count, what counts in whats brought in.

I'm making my last post today on the subject (mainly because i know a Themepark vs Sandbox or innovation arguement will happen again on these forums)

Because i can.

• hyperion529hyperion529 Member Posts: 10
    [mod edit]

Try again.

[mod edit]

Umm, no its not.  I don't think you've even played TSW if you think that.  TSW does not resemble rift in any way (other than that its an MMO i guess).  

Please elaborate on how TSW is like Rift?  Keep in mind, I played rift (before storm legion) to max level then quit, am still playing TSW currently.  Also, I work in the game industy and have been a producer or product manager for MMO's and online games in general for the last 6 years.  I have perspective.  Do you?

[mod edit]

Try again.

[mod edit]

Re read what i wrote, i wasnt done.

[mod edit]

Question Stress from re reading your quote of me, or because my fuck up made you have to go back though lines of everyone. If its from my fuck up, yeah my bad. if its from rereading the qoute, No Turn the bus around, Re read my actual POST not your qoute.

[mod edit]

Having no classes is not innovative anymore because MMORPGs had that years ago and they were called sandbox games by the ones who loved them.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Where's Heroes of Newerth?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You guys do realise uo had no classes way before tsw and rift (although rift DOES have classes)

Screw it, i'm leaving my description of Innvoation being something new brought into your genre. with that i will put in Sandbox and Themepark are not of the same Genre. The idea of bringing something in from another genre doesnt count, what counts in whats brought in.

I'm making my last post today on the subject (mainly because i know a Themepark vs Sandbox or innovation arguement will happen again on these forums)

Because i can.

Clairification, the NO CLASS system is not the ONLY reason why TSW is the most innovative game of the year.  And why it is currently winning that category and why it will win it in the end.

If you are interested as to why its innovative, I suggest you pick up the game and play it.

• terricon4terricon4 Member Posts: 4

They really could have each name link to an article, or the main page of the game, as it stands I get the feeling a lot of people don't know all the games. For most inovative for instance, the most popular games get the vote, even though Firefall is far more so than guild wars or the secret world, especially from a design standpoint. However I haven't even heard of Darkfall and like most other poeple, probably won't go googling it just for this one vote.

A link on the other hand, that I would click on and enjoy quite a lot.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    looks like dfuw is getting sunk in the rising star after the delay announcement...
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Some sad sad sad options..

Dota 2 is about the only thing that doesn't make me cringe/laugh on the lists...

Clairification, the NO CLASS system is not the ONLY reason why TSW is the most innovative game of the year.  And why it is currently winning that category and why it will win it in the end.

If you are interested as to why its innovative, I suggest you pick up the game and play it.

The absence of a class system is an old thing, it's not innovative. You can't innovate by doing what someone else did years ago.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw is more different than rift, jebus rift is almost as wow clone as swtor.

That said other games on that list are more different to mmo norm like wakfu, darkfall and planetside.

The absence of a class system is an old thing, it's not innovative. You can't innovate by doing what someone else did years ago.

And I am not suggesting it is why the game is innovative.  Like I said in the post I made that you quoted.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

[mod edit]

You obviously haven't played the game.  your comment about the storyline is a dead giveaway, no MMO has done storyline as effectively and compellingly as TSW has. But nice try though.

I wouldn't suggest that any of those single features would qualify as making the game "the most innovative of the year" rather its the whole package.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    My most anticipated vote went to TESO. I feel dirty.