Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so... yah.. uh.. anything?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Guess no pre order then huh?

so just wait for release tomorrow? supposedly?

**** crickets chirping ****

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• Ishan-shadeIshan-shade Member Posts: 23

Man they are really shooting themselves in the foot here. Was dying to give them some money today ....

Really screaming of amateur and it should really make me question my purchase (im bored, will buy it lets face it).

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

This is kind of what I was thinking...

Even if they do release tomorrow, it can't be good that they have not put anything out..I'm guessing extreme crunch time at AV, but, that is probably not good.

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104
    Yea nothing new on their website today, just checked it.... you think we will hear anything tomorrow? ;)

Often lurking, rarely posting

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Muerte_X
    you think we will hear anything tomorrow? ;)

no.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

yeah, this doesn’t exactly inspire my confidence.

But oh well.. Like you said, I’m bored enough to give them my money anyway.

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I bet some clown at the main office forgot to flip the calander over to December,

They probably all think that have a month to go yet !!!

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by WellzyC

yeah, this doesn’t exactly inspire my confidence.

But oh well.. Like you said, I’m bored enough to give them my money anyway.

this is pretty much exactly how they released Df 1.0. Lots of promises, many missed release dates always saying a week or so before it would be released, and then a information blackout till the closer to the release to announce a delay and push back the releaase again.

Always surprises me when people that weren't around to see the stunts Av pulled with DF 1.0 and the state it was eventually releaased in hype DFUW and make AV out to be some kind of great company. Tasos has a track record of being honst or speaking the truth about 10-20% of the time.

DFUW may yet be a great game dispite Tasos, and AV, but if its actually released tomorrow in good playable state i will

Happily eat crow.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    I knew this would happen... As much as I would like the game to be great, seeing how AV didn't change whatsoever, I can't find myself to give them my money. Even if I was bored to death, I still couldn't find why I should give them my money. I can't support a company that doesn't care about their customers at all.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    I bet that the game will be deleyed ..
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
  • WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by WellzyC

I bet some clown at the main office forgot to flip the calander over to December,

They probably all think that have a month to go yet !!!

I bet you still sit under the Christmas Tree at midnight, waiting for the presents to arrive on the clock.

People, relax.

Originally posted by SirFubar
    I knew this would happen... As much as I would like the game to be great, seeing how AV didn't change whatsoever, I can't find myself to give them my money. Even if I was bored to death, I still couldn't find why I should give them my money. I can't support a company that doesn't care about their customers at all.

Sadly people are bored enough they will throw away their money on a game sight unseen, (nothing but dev information and dev releaased screenshot/videos) a game that even the developers state hasn't been beta tested, and to a company with a long history of being Fubar'd.

Ah well i'm betting history repeats itself and DFUW plays out just like Df 1.0 release did straight up to the point that in a year it'll be mainly a ghost town with 10k max subscribers and AV again scrambling to piece together yet another remake to get another rush of gulible players to throw their money away on.

This is probably a bit unfair as i do expect most players will get at least  week or 2 of fun out of the game before bugs/hacks/exploits get them down so it may still be a good entertainment value whenever AV decide to post subscription costs etc.

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3448

Here is your answer!

Sad to hear this. I didn't play DF to begin with, but was looking forward to try DFUW.

Oh well... Sh*t happens. Will still be able to play sooner or later. And as it sounds like, Monday is the day I will play DF for my first time.

Here is your answer!

AH thanks for the update.

Sooo in a nut shell its partialy  the players fault for the delay for greenlighting DFUW through steam which AV was totally unprepared for. ( hehe player hype once again has a backlash!)

Instead of releasing in Nov (per 1st releaase date) or on 12/12 date it will go into beta on 12/17 as the developers recognise its not ready for releaase.

being the holiday don't expect it to be releaased this year. AV is very good about taking their holidays and not working through them (as can be seen by Df 1.0 history)

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    They just keep shoveling the fans crap, and the fans take it with an open mouth. AV is just sad.
    Originally posted by PrinceDamien

Here is your answer!

Sad to hear this. I didn't play DF to begin with, but was looking forward to try DFUW.

Oh well... Sh*t happens. Will still be able to play sooner or later. And as it sounds like, Monday is the day I will play DF for my first time.

You sure of that? So far AV is going by the same play book they used when they released DF 1.0

A) their will be limited preorders

b) with AV's record for both Df 1.0 and DFUW there is no reason to believe you will be able to preorder on friday or that the beta will be up and running on Monday. yes i know what their post said. i can also show you post from them saying the game would be released in november, and then again on 12/12. Believe anything tasos and AV says at your own folly.

With Df 1.0 the preorder waas such that AV would open a window of oppertunity to preorder the game for 1 hour roughly once a week due to demand being too high. beta for them is generally less then 1000 people so any beta slots will be fairly few and gobbled up quickly. On the plus side i remember people getting lucky, getting a preorder slot and then turning around and selling it for 10 times more to other rabid fans that weren't so fortunate.