Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAME DELAYED, real

TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
Check it out guys, this is breaking news and not a joke and they picked a day before. But some good news they are doing a beta test for the community check it out HERE

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

Comments

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

yep .....

"LINK"

Sigh ....

~Hairysun

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142
    Announcement on Launch and Playtest
    December 11, 2012 Tasos Flambouras No comments
    Dear Friends,

We have come to a decision, not without much internal debate, that instead of commercial release this Wednesday as planned we are going to launch the game for playtesting first. We also believe that we owe the community a thorough explanation for this last minute decisions, so the reasons behind it are the following:

While we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners, we have always felt that the game should be tested by the players and last checks corroborate this. Time however was not on our side.
    Secondarily, some of the reasons which caused us to slip from our original launch date last month are not yet fully resolved to our satisfaction and a bit more time is needed. For the record, what’s left shouldn’t take more than a few days longer.
    Being Greenlit on Steam so quickly was beyond our expectations, this success was 100% community driven and it showed us how important to the community this is. After evaluating the procedure needed for proper Steam integration, we realized that if we launch on schedule it would be impossible for us to launch with Steam.
    Despite considering this a setback, we actually also consider it a perfect opportunity to get the community involved directly in the fine tuning of the game features before launching on Steam. We have been working with the dream of making Darkfall Unholy Wars the best competitive experience ever and lack of community feedback would have been a missed opportunity. We also believe that a Steam launch can help the game get the critical mass it needs to be as fun as it can possibly be, and we feel it’s important to have the game tested more thoroughly before this happens.

So now what?

We’re launching a fully playable beta version of the game as soon as we get the build ready. We have a firm ETA for Monday,December 17th. By beta version we mean the game will be running in debug mode so that we can quickly get valuable feedback from playtesting and we can identify and address issues as quickly as possible.
    Pre-orders get beta access; we’re making pre-orders available on Friday so you can download the game over the weekend.
    Some details regarding the pre-order: returning Darkfall players will get the game at the price of the subscription during pre-order. New players will get the game at a discount. Pre-orders get 30 days of game-time when the game launches, beta access for as long as that is live, plus you can reserve your character’s name. We will also explore offering a head start. Pre-order slots may be limited and will be throttled if needed.
    We can focus on playing and working with you to identify any bugs and imbalances and will continue working closely with our players to improve the game so that by the time the game launches it will be as perfect as possible. There will be developer – player interaction on issues that come up, and we want to keep developing a user-centric culture throughout the lifecycle of Darkfall Unholy Wars.
    We will also be working round the clock on getting the game ready for a Steam launch with all the Steam features we want integrated.
    The Darkfall Unholy Wars launch should happen as soon as we’re cleared to do a Steam launch, we assume that the game will be properly tested by then as well. Our estimate is January after the holidays. We will announce a specific launch date as soon as possible. We need to estimate the exact time it takes to integrate all the Steam features, and to assess what feedback we get from our playtesters.
    We feel there are compelling arguments for us to take a little extra time and to involve the community. The very amusing community insider joke “we’ll do it live” is not how we prefer to do things, but in the past we had been forced to by our circumstances or by external factors.

We regret the last minute announcement, we had to agree on this with several parties and get approval from all our departments so we’ve been agonizing over this since last week. We do appreciate your understanding on this, it was not an easy or a pleasant decision for us to make, especially at the last minute, and we feel badly that we’re not true to our word even though everyone at Aventurine has been working extremely hard for tomorrow’s planned release date. However, we also feel that this is the best possible option for the game, for the players, and we promise to make the best of it involving you as much as possible in making Darkfall Unholy Wars reach the potential it deserves.

More information on the playtesting process and on the pre-orders, will become available in separate announcements starting tomorrow. We’ll also be happy to address your concerns and provide answers to your questions.

Thank you for reading
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

LOL  "January, after the holidays" 

Grats AV. I will not buy anthing untill full releaser.. good luck. see everyone in a few months.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Good on them, deciding to try and work out some bugs and receive feedback instead of pushing their product out the door before it is ready.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Hate to say I told you so... This is nothing less then a epic fail. Hell, epic fail is even to kind. This is beyond bad. They knew this, before tonight, and could have said this earlier. Not that it would have made much difference. Still horrible. Big freaking smoke screen from AV these last few days making us hope. This ain´t a last minute decision.  Sux...
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

No great surprise lets face it.

It's never great to miss a deadline, but I'd rather they took a bit longer and ironed out most of the issues than just panic rush it out.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    This really is for the best anyway. While im gutted i cant play tommorow, I already said non darkfall fans should avoid since there is no beta. now there will actually be a beta, and hopefully a proper steam launch.

My blog: image

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

TL;DR

The game is delayed AGAIN.

You get to pay to BETA test our game even if you bought the original game day one! (Anyone remember that fiasco?)

Could care less personally, stopped playing long ago.  People bitch about companies like SoE, EA, Funcom, Blizz, Bio, whoever you're mad at this week; this has got to be the worst track record of any company I've seen for missing deadlines and just missing the mark in general.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

I'm not going to go back and look, but didn't Tasos use the phrase "firm ETA" once before...you know, right before the last time the date slipped?

For some strange reason, I just can't stop laughing...

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • sunny_liftonsunny_lifton Member Posts: 23
    I honestly think this is the best thing that could have happened at this time.  Get some people in testing the game to get everything worked out before you put out a bugged product on steam.  In the long run, this will only help out.
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Lol fuck that... Been looking forward to it.

What I get from the article is basicly that they are delaying the launch so it can be ready to be on steam. The beta thing is just a cover up for this. If they wanted to involve the players they would have done so a LONG time ago and not the day before the 'launch'

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I may buy the prerelease or not sure yet, might wait until  after reviews come out. Age of Wushu beta is coming again on the 20th so I will be there also. 

They seem to treat their fans like they mean nothing, throwing them shit excuses one after another.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

By not having an official beta, the release could have been a disaster.  With potential exploits in a FFA pvp full loot game it would have killed whatever potential this game might have had for a resurgence. 

This news is good news.  Cooler heads prevailed.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Precisely, why release early if not ready and have fans and customers complain?

Release it when it's ready.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

ETA is estimated time of arrival.  Just saying.

Guess I should have quoted ... LOL.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Before starting this post, I am a HUGE  fanboy of Darkfall...been playing it and always will, imo its the best game ever made.  Aventurine is a great company when it comes to development...for the owpvp player, its great.

Okay,...that said, Aventurine is the WORST company when it comes to their communication and ability to hit timelines.  For example, they pushed the game back once already...whatever shit happens.  At least they told us 4 days ahead of time.  Now the push the game back the day of launch (Greece time).  Then say we can play beta in a week...lol, how does that make sense, we should be able to play beta tomorrow?  But the problem is their communication is sad...and blaming it on steam is just funny.  More fail for the game I love...how they haven't learned the importance of communication yet is beyond me.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

To be somewhat fair to Aventurine, it's possibly one of the first time where their reason for the delay makes sense.

Usually they'd say "Oh, our staff was sick" or "Can't get to office, protests and shit". Now they're delaying to actually have the players test the game before a Steam release, which is a valuable argument to delay a launch.

That delay was still pretty obvious though, it's AV we're talking about. This time however I "think" they can get the game running on the 17th....except if it crashes pretty badly because their servers can't handle it.

Still won't be buying the game though, Aventurine has a LOT to prove to regain my trust in their brand.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    How many times did everyone say it will have a delay, I'm wondering why anyone is even suprised. This was supposed to come out in 2010.
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    AV style: dodge release twice and go from release to beta. And again a last min decision after pure silence. Hilarious
  • Sytek_88Sytek_88 Member UncommonPosts: 23

anyone who cares anything about this game knew it was going to be delayed even tho we all wanted it on the 12th 

also whats funny to me is it went from Release !!!!!! to BETA! the fuck ? 

And one other aspect that ruins the launch now with BETA b4 launch. It will ruin so much fun of getting into the world when it's NEW and UNEXPLORED... That would've been an amazing experience. Now that kewl thing is taken from us as well.
  • bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

They are delaying the full game release to start a beta next week lol.  I get that delays happen but this game should of been slated initally for a Jan. Feb. release 2013 (clearly it was never even close to being ready to go tomorrow).

All that said I agree with those of you saying this delay is for the best given its clear the state of the game is NOT ready for launch. 

What I cannot understand is why not just be honest about this in September - October 2012, would of gone down alot better?

Originally posted by Sytek_88
    also whats funny to me is it went from Release !!!!!! to BETA! the fuck ? 

^This.

Edit. And don´t 4get. Now you also have to PAY to test it... Epic freaking fail.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Crap. With this game not being released yet agian. MY LIFE IS OVER! Now i have to go outside or go spend time with my family. Thanks for ruining me AV!
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Once the players get their hands on the beta i'd put money on them uncovering a lot more bugs than AV are bargaining for resulting in a further delay past their January ETA. There's a reason betas happen [b]long[/b] before launch.