Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there gona be a Final fantasy XV? If so i hope it will be like...

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Will there be a final fantasy XV? If so i hope they go back to there past roots.

1. It should have submarines and airships you can actually fly over the world. Please no more just poping out someware instantly.

2. It should have at least 5 members in a group, all that you control.

3. It should be set in the past fantasy era, no more into the future please, and remove the robots.

4. We should bealbe to see the next town and jungle before we actually enter it.

5. There should be actuall merchants, and merchant shops as you go through the story, not the same person over and over again...

6. It should have a ton of side quest stuff to do, and alot more open up as you get farther into the storyline.

Might be just wishfull thinkin, but if they ever get around to making FFXV, thats what i would really like to see.

Comments

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Actually, I remember hearing that it will be more influenced by western rpg's and will be a lot more open like Elder Scrolls. I can't cite a legitimate source though so don't take my word for it.
  • tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    FF has had a pretty long history of robots and tech being part of their stories.  It might have felt very oldschool fantasy with the 16bit graphics, but I agree they're showing more of the futuristic side lately. 
  • BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Final Fantasy has had robots sinse FF1. I hope they go back to their roots and make more of an old school FF like 1-3. If not I will pass.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Still waiting for they day they bring back overworlds and towns. For realsies.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

If its another MMO, (I doubt it)  if its like XI I will play it no querstions asked. If it were to be yet another WoW in an FF setting then forget about it. 

As for the single player rpg, if its another linear game ill pass again, I have no desire to be led around like a puppet, with no freedom. Id love for it to be open like skyrim, like a poster above me mentioned. I would also love to see a game go back to its roots, with open style world with towns, kind of like skyrim. It seems they have taken the eye candy direction and when you do that your gameplay and open world options dissapear. Time will tell what they do.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Dzone

Will there be a final fantasy XV? If so i hope they go back to there past roots.

1. It should have submarines and airships you can actually fly over the world. Please no more just poping out someware instantly.

2. It should have at least 5 members in a group, all that you control.

3. It should be set in the past fantasy era, no more into the future please, and remove the robots.

4. We should bealbe to see the next town and jungle before we actually enter it.

5. There should be actuall merchants, and merchant shops as you go through the story, not the same person over and over again...

6. It should have a ton of side quest stuff to do, and alot more open up as you get farther into the storyline.

Might be just wishfull thinkin, but if they ever get around to making FFXV, thats what i would really like to see.

1.  Fair enough.

2.  Most only had 3, some had 4, but OK.

3.  Wait, I thought you wanted Airships and submarines?

4.  Unless you count the "Town" icon on the world maps, you could never do this in the first place...

5.  Again, fair enough.  Even though the past merchants were just anonymous faces there to facilitate a buy/sale screen.

6.  FF has almost never had much in the way of side quests and open exploration.  I mean, yes, you could go fly around the world map and maybe land for a few random fight encounters, but not much else.  And side quests were mostly limited to 2 or 3 optional boss fights and maybe a companion, both late in the game.

You make me like charity

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Whatever happened to Versus? image
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I honestly hope not. They need to stop for a bit.  Final Fantasy as a series has really gone down hill.  It's been in a downward death spiral since XII.  Everything starting with XI and before were at least decent or great.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'm pretty sure there is some footage somewhere I saw and it is very similar to Kingdom Hearts' combat, etc.
  • StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92

A tech demo of Final Fantasy Agni's Philosophy was show at E3 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQB9ds2AYwM

Another final Fantasy which is coming out in 2013 is Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns.

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

It probably got canned a long time ago but they don't tell because of the backlash.

Dragon Quest never changed... it's still the same story and setting as the early games while Final Fantasy have deviated into strange stories and settings FF7, FF8, FF10 and FF12 comes to mind and possibly the second half of FF6 where the whole world got destroyed or maybe doomed... something like that iirc.

I really consider FF9 to be the last good Final Fantasy game.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by DancingQueen
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

It probably got canned a long time ago but they don't tell because of the backlash.

Good, I'd rather them forget Fabula Nova Crystalis now and just move on to XV.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Stalkerous

A tech demo of Final Fantasy Agni's Philosophy was show at E3 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQB9ds2AYwM

Another final Fantasy which is coming out in 2013 is Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns.

:( if that's true, they still stuck on FFXIII, no clue why... did ffxiii-2 ever have dounloaded content added?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Actually I hope they try something more akin to Final Fantasy Tactics.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Stalkerous

:( if that's true, they still stuck on FFXIII, no clue why... did ffxiii-2 ever have dounloaded content added?

Yes ff13-2 had downloadable content.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    all i want is Final Fantasy XV: The Return of FFVII (reskinned)

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    I really liked XIII-2. It was my third favorite FF title in the series behind VI and XII.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Will there be a final fantasy XV? If so i hope they go back to there past roots.1. It should have submarines and airships you can actually fly over the world. Please no more just poping out someware instantly. 2. It should have at least 5 members in a group, all that you control. 3. It should be set in the past fantasy era, no more into the future please, and remove the robots. 4. We should bealbe to see the next town and jungle before we actually enter it. 5. There should be actuall merchants, and merchant shops as you go through the story, not the same person over and over again... 6. It should have a ton of side quest stuff to do, and alot more open up as you get farther into the storyline. Might be just wishfull thinkin, but if they ever get around to making FFXV, thats what i would really like to see.

Altough i don't believe in all your points, You missed the most critical thing of all:

An overworld.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Tbia88Tbia88 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Overworld, Turn based battles, colorful and loveable characters, and a good freaking story.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Still waiting for they day they bring back overworlds and towns. For realsies.

This.

<3