It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've been scouring the Darkfall forum of late, and am impressed and weirded out by the level of inside jokes and overarching, shared aesthetic. This is the kind of thing I've only seen when people share a passion and connection to something, so it makes me almost freakishly excited to learn more about this game. It's like, I can see that there's something special about Darkfall through the eyes of its players. I mean, there's something kind of damp and strange about it, but that just makes it more titilating. Is it okay to refer to the Darkfall community as "titilating"?
Here is a list of the terms I have seen bandied about, and I'm hoping someone can offer some insight as to what each one means; I will fill in the answers in red as they "come at me":
1) "Do you even lift?" Tasos never actually said "do you even lift", it's an internet saying that people originally said to prove how tough they are over the internet, and it is now employed ad nausuem among the Darkfall elite.
2) GSO: Stands for Get Shit On, (not df exclusive, it's internet slang)
3) Derp: The sound that a so called 'retarded' person might make. Usage: if someone is ranting and off target, an opposing view might reduce the entirety of the ranter's stance to, merely, "derp derp derp".
4) Pixels: Used as a defense mechanism after dying and getting looted to emphasize that you place little importance on equipment. "Oh no, don't take my pixels." Also used to describe people who are overly obsessed with gear: "Pixel Tard".
5) Robed Warrior: Someone who is too scared to put on their quality gear due to fear of having it looted, so they just run around in a cheap robe, while all their gear sits in a bank. AKA "Pixel Horder". Often heard saying "Derp derp derp".
6) "Fuck it, we'll do it live": Originally from bill o'reilly - - used in reference to Tasos/Aventurine deciding not to have a Beta phase for Darkfall (which is happening again with Unholy Wars, though some would argue that the original Darkfall WAS the Beta for Unholy Wars). As in "Beta? Fuck it, we'll do it live".
7) Zag Raid:
If anyone would care to add to this list, please gimme some terms and I'll pop them into this post.