Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game has exactly ONE problem...

2»

Comments

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Just wanted to say that gain speed is not the problem, the problem is current xp distribution. I.e. getting nigh to nil for tactical, non-zerg play and thousands for reaver rocket spam, nade spam, RPG spam...

Suggestion is: tune down drag xp, a lot... Increase cap xp and introduce combined arms xp. I.e. tank, air superiority...
  • PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

I do think they should split XP evenly among craft personnel (you complain about being the pilot but the tailgunner gets squat unless he kills stuff, pilot atleast gets gunner xp) maybe even among squad, but I don't think certs come too slowly at all.

I've only got about 6% of my heavy unlocked and I do fine in nearly all situations.  I've found that even with a shotgun, MCG, and two rifles unlocked, none of them are really superior to any other.

My level 5 Nanite Mesh armor with 25% bonus damage reduction doesn't save me all that often from BR 1 Bob when he gets the drop on me.

Certs help, but they're not a replacement for poor strategy or shitty play.  I'm not accusing here either.

And really, increasing cert aquisition won't stop zerg play.  It'll just make it so everyone gets stuff faster and the zerg rolls on.  The game is built around the zerg mentality and it will endure.  You'll have to join in or enjoy your skirmishes for what they are, smaller, tactical battles, with less return on time invested.

But here is how I see this playing out if they do increase cert gain:

3Months in the future:

"Man, certs are about useless, I have 8000 of them just hanging out and nothing worth buying.  Come on SOE, add shit worth using certs on!"

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Overall I miss how the BR and CR system worked in PS1.  I liked being able to wear heavy armor, carry a sniper rifle AND a Jackhammer if I was high enough BR to place the certs in the right spot.  However, since this is f2p it makes sense for them to re-tool that set up in order to make money. It doesn't mean I like it, but I will still play the game and deal with it becuase hey, it's Planetside.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I make about 200 certs an hour soloing as sniper support, focusing on picking off healers and anti-tanks. As infantry it is all about player skill earning certs. I can't comment on vehicles though as i rarely use them.