Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else think its getting a bit quiet out there?

124»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by umie214
    Originally posted by karmath

Why does it seem that most people in this thread are surprised? Every single last clone to date has the exact same problem regardless if it was well received like Rift/GW2 or badly like AoC/SWTOR.

GW2 was the first original MMo since WoW and has revolutionized the industry. it's the best MMO out right now, period. too bad MMO's suck in general. 

Revolutionize? GW2 just made it an ultra easy ultra casual game that has pseudo grouping and removed all actual social interaction. To me this is a step in the wrong direction, its devolution, it is wowification in the worst way.

yeah, well good luck with your ultra tough hard-core only mmo. Maybe they make new forums "ultra-hard-core mmo gamer" and they can have a qualifier. You have to play at least 150 hours each week to be allowed to post. 

Seriously though, I wish they made a game for you and the handful of people that have nothing but free time, but for those people that actually have a life to attend to, casual is important.  IF you don't like casual, you can go play some other game, but quit trying to make every game hard-core only. The majority of us are sick of it.

They did PS2.

Majority? Nah not really. There is a market for people like you, but not as big as you might think, see swtor, see gw2. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    well if the majority feel the way i do, they quit cause it isn't a good game. don't care if it has no monthly fee, i'd rather pay a monthly fee for a better game.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by umie214
    Originally posted by karmath

Why does it seem that most people in this thread are surprised? Every single last clone to date has the exact same problem regardless if it was well received like Rift/GW2 or badly like AoC/SWTOR.

GW2 was the first original MMo since WoW and has revolutionized the industry. it's the best MMO out right now, period. too bad MMO's suck in general. 

Revolutionize? GW2 just made it an ultra easy ultra casual game that has pseudo grouping and removed all actual social interaction. To me this is a step in the wrong direction, its devolution, it is wowification in the worst way.

yeah, well good luck with your ultra tough hard-core only mmo. Maybe they make new forums "ultra-hard-core mmo gamer" and they can have a qualifier. You have to play at least 150 hours each week to be allowed to post. 

Seriously though, I wish they made a game for you and the handful of people that have nothing but free time, but for those people that actually have a life to attend to, casual is important.  IF you don't like casual, you can go play some other game, but quit trying to make every game hard-core only. The majority of us are sick of it.

They did PS2.

Majority? Nah not really. There is a market for people like you, but not as big as you might think, see swtor, see gw2. 

So, where do we look for to see the market for people like you? BTW casuals are scattered. They have so much options to choose from so if you're going to count the market, at least take into consideration all other casual MMOs out there as a whole and not individually.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Population definitely seems to have dropped a bit on Tarnished Coast.  I think it's a good thing though, because now I can actually play the game without being forced into a zergfest.

You make me like charity

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    The lag and constant D/C is making GW2 unplayable for just about everyone.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

Well ppl now farm fractals so they don't have to wander around the world. Maybe in next patches ArenaNet will update or change events in old zones to make it more fresh, so the players can go outside and experience them. I every day walk around orr and do events, and 95% of the time i meet 324242432343242343534 of ppl there ofc it isnt 2134254353653252543523452542352523 ppl as it used to at the release but still, there is more ppl than in SW: TOR for sure :). Yesterday i made an alt and i met some ppl too, we even did a pt to explore the content together (i've done like 10 events i didnt do on my main char, so it was new to me :D).

Definetly GW2 is not for everyone, ppl that are used to old EQ, WoW scheme will not enjoy the GW2 and i don't blame them. GW2 is different and it should be different, we have enough EQ,WoW clones on the market. 

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Add me to the Fractal hater list. I have literally not logged into the game since it went live. Was fun to lvl up in, fun to wvw a bit. Then they took a turn down merry little dungeon grind lane. I have plenty of other games that I am established in for that kinda gameplay. 
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by rastapastor

Well ppl now farm fractals so they don't have to wander around the world. Maybe in next patches ArenaNet will update or change events in old zones to make it more fresh, so the players can go outside and experience them. I every day walk around orr and do events, and 95% of the time i meet 324242432343242343534 of ppl there ofc it isnt 2134254353653252543523452542352523 ppl as it used to at the release but still, there is more ppl than in SW: TOR for sure :). Yesterday i made an alt and i met some ppl too, we even did a pt to explore the content together (i've done like 10 events i didnt do on my main char, so it was new to me :D).

Definetly GW2 is not for everyone, ppl that are used to old EQ, WoW scheme will not enjoy the GW2 and i don't blame them. GW2 is different and it should be different, we have enough EQ,WoW clones on the market. 

The fractal system is not some innovation. Its the same stuff we see in other games. The same kinda gear progression we see in other games. So how exactly is it setting itself apart from these other titles?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

The fractal system is not some innovation. Its the same stuff we see in other games. The same kinda gear progression we see in other games. So how exactly is it setting itself apart from these other titles?

I wish there was a real EQ clone.  I've played the game and I have so many alts that my highest is lvl 72.  I'm assuming I'll care about what a fractal is when I hit 80?  I'm sure I would already know this but my guild all quit the game within two weeks of release.

I have no idea how people leveled to 80 without a number of alts as this game is reallllly boring with the limited number of skills/weapons available and thus why I had to create 600 alts in an effort to create some variety.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

ANet already said they will make Ascended items available outside of Fractals, so just sit tight.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Not been playing all that long, but I would say the population was growing and not shrinking.

People everywhere.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Haha! Eve, the winner of the pants award.  :)
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

If you look at Tier 1 servers in WvW EU side then yeah its pretty bad to say the least.
    havent had a queue in a month.....
    Queue was 3 to 5 hours at launch for WvW, so go figure -_-

This might just be how it goes in todays mmo's.
    MMO # 13212 gets released - sells 2 million+ boxes - 2 months down the road its empty.
    Doesnt matter how good or bad the mmo is, this just seems to be to case in todays world of mmo's.

Also WvW is in pretty bad state tough, arcade battleground wvw with no rewards and 1 massive bug called Culling made it all the worse.
    Nothing more frustrating then getting dropped by a 30 men zerg you wont see before your death.

But yeah it seems even GW2has a insane drop in players these days.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

It's actually very unfortunate.  Wasn't the whole purpose of de-leveling so that all zones would remain populated even after level cap?  What happened to the constantly changing/new dynamic events for existing zones? 

I stopped playing because the game was really devoid of population on my server during the times I played.  For a game that was designed to play with oithers, with "events" designed for mass people, it really suffers when the population becomes so segregated.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Dalano
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/So-where-is-all-the-people

They are arguing the same things we do. If server load was based on accounts registered on a specific server, we would always see full not 'Very High' then to 'Full'.

A.net did not explain it well but I also think they don't want to give all their secrets away. More information for hackers to use then.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by botrytis

They are arguing the same things we do. If server load was based on accounts registered on a specific server, we would always see full not 'Very High' then to 'Full'.

A.net did not explain it well but I also think they don't want to give all their secrets away. More information for hackers to use then.

huh?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by botrytis

huh?

If you look at the quoted there - there was another link, inside that. It was that point I was trying to suggest.

I still thinkA.Net needs to explain themselves better.

I hope some of these PvP changes will help. I still want GvG, as that was always fun.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    yesterday at 22:30  at Jormag was more than 100 people, later at 3:00 was almost 50, server:underworld: so its always people around those nasty meta bosses to play with. maybe theres some dead servers but overall its always people around any map on my server - more at dungeons or L70+ maps ofc
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by sfc1971

*snip*

Soccer clubs spend a LOT of time on their junior teams because they know that you need new blood to survive. MMO's put any new player in lonely world with an ever bigger level gap to cross and wonder why they die out.

Great analogy and the best reason why Ascended Gear is a threat to the game's survival.

imageimage
  • Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

I logged in lastnight for the first time in over a month (too busy to game) and I ran into 2 people in starter zones and no one in the mid-level zones. I played for like 10 minutes and logged off so that was not a very good indicator but I may switch servers once I really start playing again. A part of the fun in playing mmo's is playing with other live people online so I got bored pretty fast... and sleepy lol

They may do what FFXI did and merge servers if this continues.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    If the trend continues GW2's population will be lower than SWTOR's in a few months. It's already about to be surpassed by FC3, BF3, D3, WoT, Minecraft on Xfire. I wonder when they will start merging servers.

There's been a staggering loss in population for GW2 but people have left quietly.   Most people leave MMOs kicking and screaming and having a major fit because they didn't get what they wanted.

Maybe its because Anet is so willing to hand out refunds.  Kinda takes away the burn when they give you your money back.  $60 back in your pocket isn't a bad thing.

My youtube MMO gaming channel