Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P, what if I buy a digital copy now?

treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

If I buy a digital copy of the game now that it is F2p, what happens?

If you read the F2P website ( http://www.swtor.com/free ) , it says you get preferred status by buying cartel coins card, spending some money at the cash shop or buying the game. That is what confused me. I expect that if I buy a digital  copy of the game (some online shops still sell them, or even some real shops sell the box still) and I get a serial code, I should be able to use it, get my 30 days gameplay time and be a subscriber type account instead of preferred right?

Although subscription is just 13 euros for 30 days which should give you subscriber status directly without buying the actual game as it is now free to download.

Any info on this?

Comments

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    You get 30 subscription days provided you have credit card or some other means to set up a subscription.
  • treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by mikahr
    You get 30 subscription days provided you have credit card or some other means to set up a subscription.

Ok so now, buying a digital copy or directly subscribing to the game is the same right? You get subscriber status and 30 days of gameplay.  Thanks :)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    You dont need to buy the game, just sub for a month. 
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I think it you buy the digital copy, then you get some various digital extras.  You might want to check the FAQ .. maybe they have a comparison chart still up.

Outside of that, buy the game and get a free month, or subscribe for a month.  It should work out to be the same, unless the price is somehow drastically different (euro price?).

With the freemium players though, all they need to do is buy $5 in coins to become preferred, if that was all you were aiming for then you could save $10 right there.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I know, but I found some shop that sell the game for 9,99 euros, which is cheaper than 1 month subscription plan, that is why I was asking!  I am aiming to try 1 month subscriber.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by treyu86

Ok so now, buying a digital copy or directly subscribing to the game is the same right? You get subscriber status and 30 days of gameplay.  Thanks :)

You only get the subscription status for 30 days. After that if you dont  renew/setup a subscription you go down to preferrd status.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I know, but I found some shop that sell the game for 9,99 euros, which is cheaper than 1 month subscription plan, that is why I was asking!  I am aiming to try 1 month subscriber.

As mikahr said, game in itself is not enough, you either need a gamecard too, or to enter your credit card / paypal details even for the built-in 30 days. Or at least that was the case before f2p.

It'd be logical to remove that step, since with f2p everyone can come and go anytime, but EA and logic... not the best pals :)

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Pretty much yes.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

by purchasing the game you get 30 days as a subscriber, after that you will be downgraded to preferred status unless you keep subscribing