Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

Comments

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Tera
    - all my mmo needs are covered, and TERA includes my old tight knit L2 Family which moved over after 9 years of l2. (We started playing in korea! Sept 2003). Might not be the best game in fact we all hate quest grinding but at least the random enchant gear progression isn't as worse as 3 month item threatmill in other mmos and we all just love the better approach to "direct" controls over "target clicking".

Planetside2
    For all the times i'm on my own or have too less time to run a full dungeon / BG / NEXUS TERA evening.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         This month I'm still fooling around with GW2 off and on.. little here, little there..   Then decided to play the EVE 14 day trial, which was ok, but way to hardcore for my liking..  If EVE had a more casual payment method, I might stay and play, but at a full $15 a month.. no thanks..  EVE just has to many anoying issues I don't like to tinker around with..  MMO's are not what they used to be..  oh well..
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Why playing games when there is so much more to explore in our world when you have encountered Entheogens such as Psilocybin and DMT for the first time in your life? This makes everything obsolete.

I even tested installing games, all kinds of new releases, I quit them after 10minutes. No interest anymore.

Exploring other, far more important realms.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

Perpetuum because it's an EVE-like sandbox with significantly more engaging combat. Plus, I like the Corporation I am with which helps. And terraforming!

Star Trek Online because the amount of different RPG systems layered into the game really appeals to my old console-RPG roots. A lot of people cry pay-to-win (how can a PVE game be pay to win anyway?) and claim that Perfect World is milking money out of them, but I dont see it. I spent $10 total because I was feeling froggy and wanted to unlock some boxes and get a new bridge. Did not have to do either of those things. Also - building up a Fleet Base is sort of fun, just wish they would add more functionality to them.

I also pop into RIFT and Firefall ocassionally, but I am likely done with RIFT (fantasy makes me feel bored out of my mind these days) and I sort of waiting for Firefall to add in some more stuff, love the game but the recent changes to Chosen turned them into unmitigated killing machines.

I also intend to get back into Fallen Earth soon.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• night_gamernight_gamer Member Posts: 22
    RIFT
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE, because it feels like a live breathing universe with lots of things to do, with a neverending training skill system and a unique adrenaline driven pvp :-)
    I also run some GW2 dungeons from time to time with some close friends to fix my dungeon itch.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    None.GW2  was my game until I found out just how bad WvW is.
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Is winter, season of gaming and near 2 mounts can't play don't know why i want but can't. Tried many games this last weekend but cant get in.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

Eve 5 years running about to quit lol

LOTRO once in a blue moon

DDO when I feel a dungeon crawl coming

STO its fun

TOR: it's FREE!!!

EQ2 tons to do

firefall beta

age of wushu beta

and beta's I'm not allowed to mention.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    GW2 for PvP and TSW for PvE.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Just GW2.

Unfortunately the WvW PvP has me completely hooked, so I've been negligent on the PvE side, but working on getting back into that.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Would have gone back to Aion if it reinstalled on Windows 7.   This issue has been around forever so apparently Trion doesn't care to save Windows 7 player accounts since they've never fixed.   

I don't want to pay a subscription to GW2.  It doesn't look innovative enough to be worthy of me budgeting it in between rent increases, grocery increases, and gasoline increases.  I've already played the only two worthy sub games to max of what they had to offer long ago and quit.  

I'm not in to outer-space or game stations tho I own one.  I play an elf so human only games hold no interest.  I'm pretty much screwed for entertainment atm.

Aion /Trion? wth?

aion and rift (trion game) works on W7 w/o issues Oo

no sub for gw2 is buy to play

im currently playing wow (just raiding ,is the only thing left thats fun in wow  )

Swtor because meh bored as hell

gw2 / eq2 from time to time....

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    At the moment, the only MMORPG I'm playing is Wakfu. Hopefully I'll be able to play FFXIV ARR alpha soon, but no invite yet. :(

<3

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's not unmatched. So u will argue with you.

Both planetsides, daoc, eve, perpetuum & gw1 have better pvp than gw2

I've not played darkfall, shadowbane or either lineage but I'd believe players of those saying they had better pvp too.

Gw2 does have better pvp than wow though.

I agree with you Eve f course has better PVP as did Shadowbane as the outcome really mattered, In Shadowbane the town you built and spents hours and reasources on could be reduced to nothing. In GW2 nothing really matter, buying go;;em from the cash store matters as much as any real skill, and in the end nothing really changes and you don't even know who it was you beat or who handed you your head. Might as well be fighting a good AI for all GW2 pvp matters.

Playing DDO for the depth of player options and ability to make a character that really fits your style, plus gota decent active guild going there

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78

Only The Secret World right now, but I play infrequently. It is still the freshest MMO for me this year, while not a game that I want to play every day, I still feel the urge of coming back at least once a week or every couple of days to play a little, run a dungeon or two or do some quests. And whenever a new content issue with new investigation mission arrives you won't get me off the screen until every riddle is solved.

I am Lifetimer, to be fair, if I would have to pay monthly, I think I would not, or pay every second or third month for one month to catch up with the new cottent, but so, it is the perfect MMO for me for playing casually without a fixed timetable...

Dropped playing GW2, tried Planetside 2, leveld my WoW-Char through the new zones, but won't return to those for a while. Currently busy catching up on Steam Sales deals and PS3 single player games: now playing Resident Evil 6 and Batman Arkham City.

• residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Done with MMOs...my computer is free now.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Sorry OP but being a true hardcore RPG gamer there is not a single MMO out that is an RPG. But I am playing Pathfinder and Ice and Fire. Most of the time I have to host these games but it is still more entertaining than these games they are calling MMOs today and it is true RPing until todays video games which has not depth.
  • ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119
    Im playing GW2 because i cant find anything better, actually im pretty bored.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    GW2 and PS2. GW2 cause I pretty much love the game and PS2 just started and it feels like what BF3 should have been.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Mortal Online, The Secret World, Star Trek Online, Age of Wushu beta (when it's available again), some Champions Online, dabbling with some other games.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

RIFT

why? Good crafting. Player housing. Interesting combat classes. Great ingame community. Plenty of open world non instanced mmo content.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, have lots of time invested in the game and can't motivate myself to start up something new. Have friends that play and far to many memories just to walk away.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

After barely playing it for several weeks, I've picked up GW 2 again and am playing some sPvP while I wait for a free trial to be released for Forge.

When they expand the number of characters allowed for SWTOR preferred users, I may give that a try with a new class. I just haven't been able to muster the motivation to login my existing classes. I'll probably quit the new class after an hour too.

The urge to resub DAOC is pushing at me for the first time since I cancelled a year and half ago, but for now I am resisting.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Runes of Magic still. Lots of time invested in it, lots of fun, massive amounts of character progression and the community is amazing. It's surprising more F2P gamers don't play it.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Battlefield 3 and CoD BOII., better multipalyer than any BG-arena of any themepark.