Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not just me thinks that Steam is so crap

13»

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Of course you're not the only one that thinks steam is crap, it's impossible to make a product that everyone loves.

However, going by the numbers, it's a 6 page thread, so assuming everyone posted just once and that every single post is saying that steam is crap (which isn't true, in a quick peek at the first page I can see people posting more than once, supporting steam and tryign to help the OP troubleshot what's causing his problems with it), that means it's 90 posts total (6 pages x 15 posts per page)... let's also assume that those are only 1% of the people hating stream, which I think it's generous given the assumptions I made before, and that people having a bad experience tend to be much more vocal than those having a good experience, make it 9000 people....

Which means steam would be a huge success taking into account the nearly 6 million peak concurrent users linked in the stats post, since it would mean less than 1.5% of the users are having a bad experience.

Personally I love steam, and having a steam version is a huge plus for me when it comes to buying a new game, not to mention that I feel that I've learnt about more indie titles there in the last couple of years than in the rest of my computer gaming life (got my first computer 25 years ago).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

There are plenty of valid reasons not to like Steam. Like not being able to trade your games or give them to your friend when you are tired of them, or being partially responsible for more companies and gamers embracing day 1 DLCs (remember I said partially) and a nightmare to get refunds from not to mention support if you get hacked. Or if you are a minimalist that just want the bare necessities to run in the background without having a piece of DRM software like steam running just out of principle

However linking to other threads with other peoples issues is quite frankly as dumb as it gets. Get some opinions of your own, even halfway based in something logical and then come back for a better discussion, because this is frankly pure idiocy

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Some people hate the weirdest things.. Steam... EA... kittens..... PvP.... freedom of speech...

opinions are like ........, everyone has one

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.