Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Suckers, I mean Heroes....

GREAT NEW DEAL FROM CRS.  For over twice the price of a premium account at $12.99 (since I am a day 1 vet I can't take advantage of $9.99), instead I can >>>29.99 <<<< a month for 1 account AND HAVE A BUILDER ICON NEXT TO MY NAME AND MY HANDLE LISTED ON THE WEB SITE!!!!!!   WOW SIGN ME UP!!!!!

I mean what a sad attempt by a dying game to try and suck the last few dollars out of the few loyal customers left before they turn the lights off. Pathetic.

Comments

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by depot12

GREAT NEW DEAL FROM CRS.  For over twice the price of a premium account at $12.99 (since I am a day 1 vet I can't take advantage of $9.99), instead I can >>>29.99 <<<< a month for 1 account AND HAVE A BUILDER ICON NEXT TO MY NAME AND MY HANDLE LISTED ON THE WEB SITE!!!!!!   WOW SIGN ME UP!!!!!

I mean what a sad attempt by a dying game to try and suck the last few dollars out of the few loyal customers left before they turn the lights off. Pathetic.

Ouch dang thats rough if true 29.99 a month for guys that have been here for 10 years is off the hook. I hope they have a good reason for this beyond just shooting themselves in the foot.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

They have always sweet talked us veterans, but in reality just screwed us over time after time again...

• wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Hi Szyporyn,

Can I take it from the tone of your post that you no longer play?

What have you moved on to?

I can remember playing with BKB years ago with Stelgard, mlucas you and others...

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

I still play.

Love the game - however the developers are soo inept it is amazing.

Same guys who keep telling em how wrong they are (and have the developers tell them the same thing) are the ONLY thing keeping em in business.

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

So, it appears to me that they are running out of paying subscribers to the game.  The F2P accounts are not rolling over into paying accounts for them and now they are going to use existing long term customers to cover for lack of paying subs.

In other words, long time players are now having to not only pay a high sub price for themselves, but also cover the costs of the F2P accounts too.

That sux.

The pricing should have been $9.99 across the board whether that would make CRS crumble or not.  At this point, with this new pricing matrix, it appears as CRS has already crumbled.

There are really only 3 employees left in house.  The rest are donated drones from in game that are trying to keep CRS afloat.  At this point I don't think CRS deserves to float.  Let them sink.

$30 was the average donation that was given during their RA push on Kickstarter.  They've done simply math to see that the die hard drones of wwiiol would be willing to fork over that amount blindly to keep things going a few more months.  It was a nifty little try, but again it's a step in the wrong direction.

Let's keep giving stuff away and yet keep charging the drones more and more to keep this dieing world alive.  Where is the line going to be drawn?  $100/month?  $200/month?

There is a time to call it quits.  It's here.  The population is up in game, that is true, but when its over half NON PAYING PEOPLE it doesn't even count.

$30 is to much CRS.  I know its an option, but its clearly a desperate move.  It's ugly.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

As a Day 1 player myself I can relate to the RATS need for the green. 

When I get an email begging me to comeback and contribute to their "mission" I kinda feel like saying screw them,  why should I comeback and support CRS? 

If the Rats ( or whats left of them ) stopped long enough to realize that World War 2 lasted exactly 6 years and 1 day, this game will be 12 years old this coming June. 

The same crap theater for the last 12 years, broken promises over and over.  

$29.99 LOL, briliant let me get out my Credit Card and Donate to the hope that their roadmap will be met. 

It is pathetic.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Thank you for this post. It reminded me that I re-subbed last month for 9.99, played for an hour and haven't touched it since. Because of this thread I remembered that I needed to un-sub.
  • OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52
    They should do a fundraiser for people who want to see the game die at this point, it would have more interest than any of thier ideas get
  • AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Wow, they have really hit an all time low, $30 for "vets" of the game....terrible
  • depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156