Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR (Worst Customer Service)

SWTOR,

New potential customers beware.  SWTOR has done everything to get your money but the customer service is almost non-existent.  Go to their website and read the customers forums for yourself.  BEWARE and warned if you consider this a possible choice of games for yourself.

Thank you,

Comments

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Have to agree  bought the digital upgrade it dosent give ya what they promise. I tried to sort it with support they bsed me for 30 days my friend who is a paying subscriber submited a ticket 15 days ago no answer. He posted in the forum for support they did not answer either !
  • silvercgu11silvercgu11 Member Posts: 3

/bump

just feels people should know this, thank you.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Definitely something that BioWare has room for improvement. Indeed it takes longer to resolve tickets these days... which make players frustrated and venting on forums. No question about it.  From what I saw on forum, majority are related to cartel coins (not only of course), so most  likely  that F2P increased amount of tickets  to degree that impacts the waiting time for resolving tickets. That would be my guess. Just before 11/15/12 I got my ticket answered in 2 days (I bound item by accident and requested it to be restored - which they did), right now I've heard it takes few days more, I guess it depends.

Today there were about 90 posts, but not all of them are complaints about tickets etc.

If you want to check it out here's a link

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Definitely true and not exaggerated at all. Took nearly a month to get a response on the fact that the ENTIRE crafting system in the game is now broken for everyone that didn't already have all the recipes prior to the Free-to-Pay-a-a**load patch.

To be honest, I don't think anyone works there now, they just all went on a permanent vacation the second the patch hit.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by silvercgu11

SWTOR,

New potential customers beware.  SWTOR has done everything to get your money but the customer service is almost non-existent.  Go to their website and read the customers forums for yourself.  BEWARE and warned if you consider this a possible choice of games for yourself.

Thank you,

Star Wars the Old Republic has the worst customer service? Apparently you never played an SOE Game. If your ticket got answered in the same year you were lucky. Hell it took my Vanguard guild 4 months to get a CSR to move their corpses after the guild castle was placed on top of them after a patch. Never use a definitive statement like "Worst Customer Service" because someone will always prove you wrong.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

I also had a terrible experience with their customer service, I had to reload my ipad and when I did the security key program had to be re installed and when it did it was no longer connected to my account, all they could tell me was that they would remove the security key from my account. It took them days to respond, mean while this entire time I can not log into the game because I couldnt get the key, the kicker is, I never was able to get the security key back on

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by akiira69

SWTOR,

Thank you,

Star Wars the Old Republic has the worst customer service? Apparently you never played an SOE Game. If your ticket got answered in the same year you were lucky. Hell it took my Vanguard guild 4 months to get a CSR to move their corpses after the guild castle was placed on top of them after a patch. Never use a definitive statement like "Worst Customer Service" because someone will always prove you wrong.

I have totally different experience.

Vanguard support was one of the best I have encountered. GM always showed up instantly, talked to me for as long as Ineeded and helped me with anything including things like server transfer and name change, ...-- for free.

On the other hand, regarding SWTOR, I contacted them due to a bug that forbidded me to create characters (and I had zero at that time). To my first e-mail they replied with links to their FAQ, and my second e-mail has yet to be answered. I sent it about 2 months ago. Basically the game is unplayable, since I have none characters and I can't create them. So, pretty severe, yet it's still ignored.

REALITY CHECK

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    this was my experience last year as well.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

SWTOR,

Thank you,

Star Wars the Old Republic has the worst customer service? Apparently you never played an SOE

I had the best luck with SOE customer service. I always received a swift repsonse from the SWG customer service/support. SWTOR, Funcom and Anet have been the worst for me.

@Thillian and @bigsmiff then you two were in the minority, majority of SOE MMO Players will agree with me SOE's Customer Service is the worst. since bigsmiff brought up SWG ill make a comment about that game as well. SOE said during a meet & greet in San Diego during the ComicCon that the NGE was thuroughly test and liked by players, yet no one that I know(Sunrunner Server) knew that the NGE was going to be released. They even went on to lie about the fact that it was aproved by LucasArts, but when asked if they new about it, the response was "Were as shocked as you are". Or how about the 6 day downtime shortly after launch of Everquest 2 because majority of the developers called in sick so they could play the game. Or another problem with EQ2 after launch the fact that no one could leave the starting isle for the people starting The City of Qeynos faction. Or even that 40-45% of the bugs that were in a launch for Vanguard SOH are still in the game. compared to these problems with SOE's CSR's BioWare is running better than average(not great not perfect no game developer has absolute perfect customer service but better than average).

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Thillian

SWTOR,

Thank you,

I have totally different experience.

Vanguard support was one of the best I have encountered. GM always showed up instantly, talked to me for as long as Ineeded and helped me with anything including things like server transfer and name change, ...-- for free.

On the other hand, regarding SWTOR, I contacted them due to a bug that forbidded me to create characters (and I had zero at that time). To my first e-mail they replied with links to their FAQ, and my second e-mail has yet to be answered. I sent it about 2 months ago. Basically the game is unplayable, since I have none characters and I can't create them. So, pretty severe, yet it's still ignored.

And of course, back when I played SWTOR, I submitted an ingame problem and was contacted by a person within the hour and continued to chat to figure it out. I'm guessing the customer service was far more sufficient during the first couple months of release though.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by kyssari
    Customer Service used to be great but now its a joke, best part is, if you don't subscribe, you don't get any customer service at all roflstomp, pretty sad :

I'll call that statement into question.

When the game was in beta, I was a beta tester and submitted many posts on the official forums.  They got many reads, but nothing outside of typos and blatant errors with registers & text got fixed.  All the bugs I submitted went live.  Juicy ones too, like ways to get to the fleet quickly upon just creating a character, or ways to generate fast & large amounts of credits through vendor bugs (large being relative to new players .. small compared to MUDflation .. an edge none-the-less when the game was new).

The game was released with so many crippling issues that tickets went through the roof.  Tickets were just generically answered because there was not enough man/woman power to handle, literally, 1 million new tickets in the first month.  Your petition is assigned a number, so yes, you can see how far the number grows over time.

Once live, I had a couple major issues, one dealing with lost items back in Jan / Feb 2012.  Another dealing with lost credits due to a game glitch I could describe.  I sent all the information in my tickets, my character with the issue, my server, the time of day, what I was doing, and a detailed description of what happened.

Days later I received an email, identical for each problem, saying that they were deeply sorry for my issue, but to advance the ticket they would need more information:  My character name involved, what server I played on, when did this happen, what were you doing, and give a detailed decription of what happened.

I pictured someone making minimum wage, sitting in a chair, blowing bubbles, and just rolling their eyes at everyones problems, hoping they went away by themselves.  I'd love to say EA learned a lesson from this, but their game right before this, Warhammer Online, says NO.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

SWTOR,

Thank you,

If you think SW:tor has bad CS then you should see Aventurine/DFUW.  They don't even tell you till the day of launch that they will be delaying the game again. In fact not only delaying release but putting the game in Beta after missing their first 2 release dates during which they game was supposible ready for release.

Doesn't get any worse then that

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by winter

SWTOR,

Thank you,

If you think SW:tor has bad CS then you should see Aventurine/DFUW.  They don't even tell you till the day of launch that they will be delaying the game again. In fact not only delaying release but putting the game in Beta after missing their first 2 release dates during which they game was supposible ready for release.

Ouch, thats a one-up from SWTOR's promotion of ranked PVP in 1.2, right up to the night before release when it was announced that ranked Warzones wouldn't be included in the next maintenance patch.

It might be a tossup if you consider than a bunch of SWTOR people had resubscribed just to get in on the launch of ranked PVP.  Man, forums were livid.  Moderators earned their money on patch day / week. :-)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by winter

SWTOR,

Thank you,

What about the 14 year delay for Duke Nukem Forever(1997-2011) and when it was released it was the 3rd worst FPS game to be released(first 2 being Daikatana from Eidos and KISS Psycho Circus The Nightmare Child from GOD Games for PC and Take-Two Interactive for DreamCast).

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    They laid off people to compensate for all of the lost subs.  they forget to rehire them when they went F2P.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    That's just ea in general

They have this when its shipped its done attitude

Was the same with warhammer
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Akirra
    Look up a game called rogue warrior that is a worse fps than daikatana. There's a hilarious video where a guy completes the game in less than an hour just using a knife, because when it does its stabby animations the player is immune.
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    They laid off people to compensate for all of the lost subs.  they forget to rehire them when they went F2P.

They dont expect any increase in subs (long-term), and F2P dont get any customer service.

So why hire more?

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I ran into a few terrible CS experiences with TOR but also two good ones.

I can't think of ONE MMO where anytime I needed help it wasn't almost always terrible.  Most did just send me back a generic "Here is the faq, help forums,etc" while the actually ticket was "waiting in line"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

SWTOR,

Thank you,

its not SWTORs customer service that suck, its the entire EA's customer service that is weird. Some of their girls answer very nice to you but will not help you enough, especially if you are buying retail through origin. Experience. Never had a problem with Swtors C.Service tho. 

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    My experience with customer service has been satisfying. I've filed three tickets; two of them were answered within hours and the third was resolved in three days.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I accidently stacked a metal salvage on another slot and as a result I lost both the inventory slot and the bank slot since I was moving them from bank to inventory. The metal was invisible in the slots but occupied the space. They gave me back the pieces I lost but could not solve the problem but I managed to solve it myself by using the pieces in the slot that is by mailing off every visible metal of that type and crafting till I used up said metal. It worked but I think in that case they may not have been able to solve it but they did reply very quickly and returned the metal I lost.

Then I stupidly wrote a ticket about losing a datacron and realising I had it and that they politely replied they received but never resolved and I quietly closed the ticket since it was my mistake.

Then very recently I had the 'losing schematics after reverse engineering issue' which was resolved in yesterday's patch but they did not really reply my ticket but I found out it was being discussed on the forum. Cannot say they are not responsive they are quite average.

SOE restored a character I had accidently deleted in Everquest in 2000 so I love them and cannot say their service sucked. Then when I was stuck in the Plane of Fear with horrible death level losses (5 levels at least) GM came and got our guild out by helping to resurrect a few of us and we got the others out. 36 hours of hell that was. So SOE rocks in my book.

Chamber of Chains
  • ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Anet is the exact opposite.  I heard you if you didn't like GW2 that you would get a full refund from Anet...and honestly I didn't believe it.

But after being completely underwhelmed by the generic gameplay of GW2 I put in for a refund and got my money back.  Now that's good customer service.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Got to agree with this one. I only had one issue with TOR and it was resolved pretty quickly. With SOE, I had numerous issues some of which were never resolved. A close second would have to go to Cryptic. Their piss poor attitude was the major reason I stopped playing STO. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft