Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: What I Want for Wintersday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As ArenaNet gets ready to kick off the first-ever Guild Wars 2 Wintersday event, we pause to check out what we do know and consider the things we hope to see. Check out what we have to say before adding what YOU want for Wintersday in the comments.

The first thing on my Wintersday list is of course a quest line.  ArenaNet kept the tradition of having a quest line tell the story of Halloween in the last holiday event, so this will probably happen.  But What I really want is for the quest line to end with a neat item just like the Halloween quests did.  Another back item wouldn’t be terrible; perhaps an endless transformation tonic? I don’t care, give me goodies!

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: What I Want for Wintersday.

I want one!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124

I want:   - dungeon finder tool

- mounts including sharks! That right underwater mounts

- player housing

- mini games specific to major cities giving a reason to populate all cities would be nice

- a different type of raid, by this I mean a large organised group activity but break the raid mold

- surfing!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by arobi

- player housing

- mini games

- a different type of raid 

There already is a LFG tool (under friends list - use it)  - no mounts

Player housing - MEH - there is enough stuff to waste gold on in the game without that.

Raids - NO!

For me more variety in PvP (like more arenas, etc), GvG, Guild Halls.

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60

- player housing

- mini games

You might be waiting a while then, because there aren't any plans for mounts, let alone underwater ones, and since GW2 has no raids to begin with maybe this isn't the game for you.  Or maybe you were just being sarcastic.....

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by flynn444
    [mod edit]

That's easy if you bought the game direct from ArenaNet. I managed to get mine back after levelling to eighty and three months play, not a bad deal.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by botrytis

- player housing

- mini games

There already is a LFG tool (under friends list - use it)  - no mounts

Player housing - MEH - there is enough stuff to waste gold on in the game without that.

Raids - NO!

For me more variety in PvP (like more arenas, etc), GvG, Guild Halls.

Player Housing I can see possible, I agree with more variety in PVP.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Yeah I got refunded too, bought direct as well.

Even though I don't play, I want them to change the name from Wintersday to Christmas event.
  • arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I don't really consider lfg search a dungeon finder tool... Imo
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I want:

- loot levels to be restored to what they were at launch and not this garbage heep we have now

- real balance otherwise they can rename this game Guild Warriors 2

- horizontal progression for ascended gear to be focused on the real crafting of this game and not the mystic toilet

- engineer pve class to be completely fixed by the end of the month. (seriously they've had three months to fix this class) which includes but isn't limited to the restoration of cond damage, tab targeting for #1 grenades, and faster cast times for grenades, bombs, and pistols.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    And I want..... more skills and better elite skills please.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by AI724
    And I want..... more skills and better elite skills please.

lol yes! better elite skills at the least for pve.

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

I want

- horizontal progression in stats restored

- a better focus on collecting through challenging acheivements and less grind unique skins, and a suitable system for that (alike DCUO styles wardrobe)

- more skills, and the ability to swap them in my skill-bar

- less FotM lobby game and more world partecipation

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

- I want them to make a way for the people that played a bunch then got a refund, to never be able to play again so they don't have to waste efforts on refunds if an expansion comes out.

- I want a VIP forum, where you have to be a active, participating player to be allowed to post, so people can discuss the state of the game and offer recommendations.

- I want the cash shop to have some new clothes.

- I want holiday skins for armors

- I want a new dragon arena

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    [mod edit]

I agree 100%.

Though to be honest, when it comes to the refund, it was Anet's fault for doing it in the first place. Can't blame the player when the developers are willing to give back their money so easily.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I just want to be able to use my town clothes during combat. Come on Lord of the Rings Online lets me do that and it came out in 2007.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    How about an event that actually works and doesn't exclude a particular time zone (like AUS)?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    Slippery-slide-y jumping puzzle for Wintersday. OH!!! I can hear the QQ now... mostly from me.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    GvG would be a great addition. I could care less about player housing, give me guild halls.

I would also love to see people who no longer play the game stop posting on these threads. Go troll some other game.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Redo WvW, the current system is boring.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by jpnz
    How about an event that actually works and doesn't exclude a particular time zone (like AUS)?

I'll second that request, I'm in Australia as well!

Secondly, Make it possible to solo play the game, there are less and less players all the time, eventually those that remain will also give up because the game is not playable for players that can't find other players! A lvl 80 char being killed by a lvl 20 monster is pathetic and the bosses are not even worth considering solo, I don't want to spend half an hour or more running around trying to kill the unkillable!

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Tixx is actually  Ticks a insane parastic asura that uses his floating toy factory/dungeon to lure children in so he can capture and feed off a few, giving Ticks eternal life while draining his vistoms till they transform into mummified tin soldiers or rag dolls to be used to lure yet more unsuspecting victom into his lair. Ticks autonom robot is actually a demon lord that ticks sold his soul too....

Ah now this holiday event should fool a feel, wait what do you mean that events for a different holiday?! Ah well you have to admit my versions alot more interesting then what arena net will deliver. Hohoho the same old candy canes and junk every other mmo will be having this year. (well except maybe TSW)

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

What I want for Wintersday??

A huge guild instance with room for private housing galore. This instance (underworld and all) would first have to be cleared of brutally tough mobs and encounters and built up from there.Different styles sizes and shapes of housing, keeps, halls, towers and shoppes would be available for construction.This huge instance should then be able to attach to other guilds huge instances for wars and commerce.  There could be monster incursions in these huge guild instances. Allies could come help repel and opponents might seize the opportunity to strike. Aye I'd raise a tankard and drink to that on Wintersday.

Happy Wintersday Everyone !!

P.S. and a reason to do commerce.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by zastroph
    Originally posted by jpnz

I'll second that request, I'm in Australia as well!

Secondly, Make it possible to solo play the game, there are less and less players all the time, eventually those that remain will also give up because the game is not playable for players that can't find other players! A lvl 80 char being killed by a lvl 20 monster is pathetic and the bosses are not even worth considering solo, I don't want to spend half an hour or more running around trying to kill the unkillable!

The *world bosses are not supose to be killed solo.....if that would be the case this game would become soo boring because nothing else would even stand chance of beating you and you would just steamroll all other mobs in game....so imho BORING.

I want challenges (single- and multiplayer ones).

* with world bosses i dont mean the dragons but the bosses who have the crossed swords icon on their name.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I'll take just about anything that helps me care about the game again, because I'm just about ready to uninstall for good, otherwise.

On second thought, course, that's not going to happen.  Think I'm done with this genre.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by flynn444
    [mod edit]

That's easy if you bought the game direct from ArenaNet. I managed to get mine back after levelling to eighty and three months play, not a bad deal.

That's kind of like going to a movie...not liking it and getting your money back...it just seems wrong.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Mystic clovers not to be so fekking random, or a bag of gold that has more than 3 silver in it ^^