Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ARG

dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

A new Alternate Reality Game connected to TSW has just been announced, "The End is Coming"

www.thesecretworld.com/arg/

Discussion (now its own subforum, over 800 posts already) 

EDIT: Updated link to discussion on TSW forums.

Comments

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Okay, I really shouldn't have brought up that page at night... with the lights off... *shivers*

• platonicxplatonicx Member UncommonPosts: 22

*Spoiler* For those who feel like translating spanish.

Here is the translation of the whispers you hear on the registration page:

God, our Lord, King of ages, All-powerful and Almighty, you who made everything and who transform everything simply by your will; you who changed into dew the flames of the seven-times hotter furnace and protected and saved your three holy children: You are the doctor and physician of my soul. You are the salvation of those who turn to you. I beseech you to make powerless, banish, and drive out every diabolic power, presence and machination; every evil influence, malefice or evil eye and all evil actions aimed against me. Where there is envy and malice, give me an abundance of goodness, endurance, victory and charity. O Lord, you who love man, I beg you to reach out your powerful hands and your most high and mighty arms and come to my aid. Send your angel of peace over me, to protect my body and soul. May he keep at bay and vanquish every evil power, every poison or malice invoked against me by corrupt and envious people. Then under the protection of your authority may I sing with gratitude, “The Lord is my salvation; whom should I fear?” I will not fear evil because you are with me, my God, my strength, my powerful Lord, Lord of peace, Father of all ages. Amen.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by platonicx

*Spoiler* For those who feel like translating spanish.

Here is the translation of the whispers you hear on the registration page:

God, our Lord, King of ages, All-powerful and Almighty, you who made everything and who transform everything simply by your will; you who changed into dew the flames of the seven-times hotter furnace and protected and saved your three holy children: You are the doctor and physician of my soul. You are the salvation of those who turn to you. I beseech you to make powerless, banish, and drive out every diabolic power, presence and machination; every evil influence, malefice or evil eye and all evil actions aimed against me. Where there is envy and malice, give me an abundance of goodness, endurance, victory and charity. O Lord, you who love man, I beg you to reach out your powerful hands and your most high and mighty arms and come to my aid. Send your angel of peace over me, to protect my body and soul. May he keep at bay and vanquish every evil power, every poison or malice invoked against me by corrupt and envious people. Then under the protection of your authority may I sing with gratitude, “The Lord is my salvation; whom should I fear?” I will not fear evil because you are with me, my God, my strength, my powerful Lord, Lord of peace, Father of all ages. Amen.

It appears in a series of prayer of exorcism, appropriately, because it sounds like something is possessing her at the end:

http://www.catholicwarriors.com/pages/warfare_prayers_espanol.htm

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

It's pretty amazing to watch the TSW community tear into this ARG - the first thread on the forums was barrelling toward the 99 PAGE limit, so they've already started a new one.

Plus,  folks who registered on the ARC website with their phone number are receiving phone calls - very cryptic phone calls.  The discussion on the forums is so fast and furious that I'm thinking the Mod Squad is gonna have to start a 3rd thread pretty soon.

EDIT:  Ah, the discussion has now turned toward the phone number(s) that were used to deliver the messages.  The numerology experts are going berzerk over what the number combinations might mean... heh.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

This is already old news, but:

some people got a text message, which led to an events listing on Craiglist for "End of the wolrld" in Brooklyn, NY, with what looked like a cipher for a contact.

Cipher turned out to be the ID of a posting on pastebin.com which was a misquote of a stanza from a poem, "The end of the world" with the words "morning" and "light" substituted in, and underneath: "Pattern: www.#.org"

(The Morninglight, in the TSW universe, is a worldwide New Age cult.)

www.morninglight.org turned out to be controlled by a domain squatter.

www.themorninglight.org on the other hand (registered 3 days ago) redirects to a "Situation Room" at thesecretworld.com with a chatroom, command line console and 4 rows of TV screens which occasionally show presumably significant images.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Thanks for the updates dancingstar, appreciate it. It was new news to me. I haven't been keeping up to date with it.

Keep them coming!

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

yep, scary stuff.

also went to the website the first time during night and listened. 

Had to turn on the lights afterwards :)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Lol got a random call at 3 am and it scared the crap outta me. I was half asleep listening to some man ramble about the end of the world. I didnt make the ARG connection until morning LOL.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Lol got a random call at 3 am and it scared the crap outta me. I was half asleep listening to some man ramble about the end of the world. I didnt make the ARG connection until morning LOL.

Oh dear. I really hope they don't call me. I'm afraid if that happens to me I'll be surrendering my man-card shortly after. I'm pretty sure I'll piss myself and run out of the house shrieking.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Thanks for reminding me! Nearly forgot about this.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by ezpz77
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

Oh dear. I really hope they don't call me. I'm afraid if that happens to me I'll be surrendering my man-card shortly after. I'm pretty sure I'll piss myself and run out of the house shrieking.

I was to tired to really think anything of it then "da fuq?" 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Bumping this since it's been kind of buried with all the reaction to yesterday's announcement.

The first "mission" in the "End of Days" ARG is now live at The Situation Room, it's a pretty straightforward one & completing it gets you a code for an outfit useable by all characters on a TSW account, as well as increasing your chances of surviving the forthcoming End of Days by 2%.