Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no PVP in Diablo 3.

virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80
lol

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by virindi1
    lol

stopped playing 5 days after launch (well 5 days after being able to log on without errors..)  PVP is what I was looking for and what I said I'd go back for and alas it is still not there..

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    did they actually advertise PvP?  I don't think that's ever been part of the series...

You make me like charity

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

d3 has been condensed into a BiS (best in slot) items. unless you find the best item (legendary/set) with the best modifiers, you won't be worthy. most people just pay hundreds of bucks on the RMAH then go on the forums and call everyone newb.

blizzard set a new standard for gaming.

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    did they actually advertise PvP?  I don't think that's ever been part of the series...

Yes they did, it was supposed to be in for launch, but they decided that it will come in "later". You can youtube some of their beta/test footage of it. By later I guess they meant never.

And PVP has always been a part of the Diablo series. Miss the glory days of D1...

yes. i am assuming you don't keep up with information cause you are not a diablo fan. they promised pvp since open beta, then said they need more time.7 months later, still no word. ever after a month after the "fvck that guy" jay wilson posted on his twitter that they will be posting a blog about pvp.

still nothing. nothing. NOTHING. i wouldn't be surprised if pvp is a limited edition in the expansion. if so... i won't be buying. d3 was a disappointment in itself, why would i think they would make pvp better? especially considering they try to make d3 into a casual WoW game... and we all know how they handled WoW pvp..

• BlueSage13BlueSage13 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

d3 has been condensed into a BiS (best in slot) items. unless you find the best item (legendary/set) with the best modifiers, you won't be worthy. most people just pay hundreds of bucks on the RMAH then go on the forums and call everyone newb.

No one actually buys anything on the RMAH. My friend from work has over 200 legendaries on. He sells maybe 1 per day at $5 a pop. Lol.

Low income guys will do anything! But I'm just talking numbers here. He's like the Walmart of the D3 universe and still can't sell crap.

www.thedragon13.com - Become a Dragon. What have you done to change our world?

yes. i am assuming you don't keep up with information cause you are not a diablo fan. they promised pvp since open beta, then said they need more time.7 months later, still no word. ever after a month after the "fvck that guy" jay wilson posted on his twitter that they will be posting a blog about pvp.

still nothing. nothing. NOTHING. i wouldn't be surprised if pvp is a limited edition in the expansion. if so... i won't be buying. d3 was a disappointment in itself, why would i think they would make pvp better? especially considering they try to make d3 into a casual WoW game... and we all know how they handled WoW pvp..

I hope you don't expect there to be any sort of world pvp. There will be zero. The pvp we saw in alpha/early beta was FFA or ticket-signup w/ pvp buff from each zone's arena npc. Basically a glorified /duel system.

Originally posted by BlueSage13

No one actually buys anything on the RMAH. My friend from work has over 200 legendaries on. He sells maybe 1 per day at $5 a pop. Lol.

Low income guys will do anything! But I'm just talking numbers here. He's like the Walmart of the D3 universe and still can't sell crap.

No one actually buys anything on the RMAH

My friend from work has over 200 legendaries on. He sells maybe 1 per day at $5 a pop. Lol.

nuff said.

edit: just wanted to say you are the moron of today's world.

My friend from work has over 200 legendaries on. He sells maybe 1 per day at $5 a pop. Lol.

nuff said.

Exactly. The low income guys will do anything to make a buck. You are talking in extremes I am not.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

unfortunately they did.  I was kinda looking forward to arena pvp and dueling.  

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

nuff said.

edit: just wanted to say you are the moron of today's world.

That's because legendaries still suck.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    The Diablo 3 team is terrible.
    Originally posted by virindi1

Yes they did, it was supposed to be in for launch, but they decided that it will come in "later". You can youtube some of their beta/test footage of it. By later I guess they meant never.

And PVP has always been a part of the Diablo series. Miss the glory days of D1...

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

You make me like charity

I haven't played much Diablo since the first one, which I loved.  I'm actually enjoying the third one but I had no real expectations or anything going in.  Just a random purchase over Thanksgiving when it and Star Craft 2 went on sale.

You make me like charity

• tablotablo Member UncommonPosts: 40
    What's the point grinding for gear if there is no pvp? This is what really made me quit playing. I just didn't see any point to running the same stuff over and over. I would probably play again if they would fix the gear and add pvp..
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wow really? I was sure that was done by now.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Just go play Path of Exile. It's a better ARPG and it has arena + open world PvP. 
    Originally posted by tablo
    What's the point grinding for gear if there is no pvp? This is what really made me quit playing. I just didn't see any point to running the same stuff over and over. I would probably play again if they would fix the gear and add pvp..

The basic gameplay of any click/loot game is generally considered to be fun on it's own.  Why does everything have to have pvp now?

You make me like charity

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Adhesive33
    Just go play Path of Exile. It's a better ARPG and it has arena + open world PvP. 

This. I'm glad I didn't buy D3 now haha.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Still no fun in D3 either.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I really enjoyed D3 until I hit act2/3 on inferno, all I had to go at that point was buy items from the AH because the drop rates were horrific.

If the game had PvP it would have been a nice distraction and my friend and I would definitely have kept playing the game as we enjoy playing any sort of PvP together. 

I always intended to go back to the game when PvP arrived but it's been too long now and I am beyond caring, I won't reinstall the game to grind through the last act of inferno and be forced on to the auction house to buy gear. 

PvP at launch = me still playing

still no pvp = me never going back or buying the next game.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by dave6660

+1

D3 is dead a long time ago, got bored after playing once, while I played D2 over years.

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Prenho
    Originally posted by dave6660

+1

D3 is dead a long time ago, got bored after playing once, while I played D2 over years.

Same. Everything about D3 is just so sub-par compared to its predecessor of 15 years ago. Skills, items, soundtrack, theme, PVP, etc. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    wow, that is pretty impressive. In a bad way.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by tablo

MP10 uber?

Few can solo those unless you have billions worth of gear.

This discussion has been closed.