Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On the fence? This pushed me over the edge.

2»

Comments

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    I'm glad you enjoyed my retelling of DF1.0 EU history in the podcast.   Hopefully he will have me on again sometime.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    definitely high lights some of the reasons why you want to play at launch, when there are so many unknowns. in theory there are even more unknowns at this launch because there is no beta.

My blog: image

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by BuniontToes
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by xmenty

Can anyone link me the latest Darkfall 2 Beta video of real players ( not dev ) doing pvp in game?

I still don't get it, how is this game will be good since I cannot find any videos of any real time players pvp.

Show me the video so I will get hype up too.

There isn't a beta. There isn't really a need for beta since the server architecture and many of the core game mechanics (how they work) were tested by DFO

Why isnt there a need if this is a new game ? Lot of  DF supporter claim how the core ofthe game has been reworked from scratch ?

Here we go again whenever Tasos and his lemmings fits them they tell everyone how of anew game it is but for some reason nothing much has changed from the old one so no need to be tested.

Tork Shaw who is developing Darkfall has said in hisblog that the game couldnt be tested properly cause of lack of Beta.

There are a lot of people who are stupid.  They did not "re-develop from scratch."  They updated the existing code with features inteneded for an "expansion" but decided to re-relase the game.  A stress teest wasn't really needed.

However, there will be balance issues since the new rules have not been tested in an open beta.

Ok  for future references to what you said here because you think you beiong so damn smart. 

According to your claim AV didn't worked on their engine to add funtionality to the game so they dont needto beta test "the changes" because there haven't be any technical ones basically.

They release the game with the same capabilities and the same core  like the old one and just put a marketing stance with calling all that a  "new game" instead of a  a patch / expansion .

Ok lets wait and see for the next obne who will call it a new game ...(Tasos does it)

New features...yes  (updated graphics, changes to skillset, updated audio, new UI overlay, etc)

Re-written game engine which took 3 years to write....no. 

You still swing and hit the same.  You still build cities the same way.  You still shoot spells the same way.  You still move  the same.  The game engine still communicates the same way. 

The game engine may  have some new features but nothing major has changed.  Everyone had beegine before, now it is restricted to certain "roles." 

Does it impact gameplay? yes

Is it new capability added to the engine? No.

Well the way you said it sounded like they are just patching instead of totally a new game.

Feels like Aion 2.0.

And I still don't get it why DF:UW the no. 1 top voted games in the hype meter then if its not even a new game at all? 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Consensus
    definitely high lights some of the reasons why you want to play at launch, when there are so many unknowns. in theory there are even more unknowns at this launch because there is no beta.

Hehe alot of unknowms yes like how much a sub will cost and thier second release date is in one more day, How many actually believe they will relase DFUW on the 12th even though Taso said for sure it would happen just 2 days ago?

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    Originally posted by xpiher

Can anyone link me the latest Darkfall 2 Beta video of real players ( not dev ) doing pvp in game?

I still don't get it, how is this game will be good since I cannot find any videos of any real time players pvp.

Show me the video so I will get hype up too.

There isn't a beta. There isn't really a need for beta since the server architecture and many of the core game mechanics (how they work) were tested by DFO

Why isnt there a need if this is a new game ? Lot of  DF supporter claim how the core ofthe game has been reworked from scratch ?

Here we go again whenever Tasos and his lemmings fits them they tell everyone how of anew game it is but for some reason nothing much has changed from the old one so no need to be tested.

Tork Shaw who is developing Darkfall has said in hisblog that the game couldnt be tested properly cause of lack of Beta.

There are a lot of people who are stupid.  They did not "re-develop from scratch."  They updated the existing code with features inteneded for an "expansion" but decided to re-relase the game.  A stress teest wasn't really needed.

However, there will be balance issues since the new rules have not been tested in an open beta.

Ok  for future references to what you said here because you think you beiong so damn smart. 

According to your claim AV didn't worked on their engine to add funtionality to the game so they dont needto beta test "the changes" because there haven't be any technical ones basically.

They release the game with the same capabilities and the same core  like the old one and just put a marketing stance with calling all that a  "new game" instead of a  a patch / expansion .

Ok lets wait and see for the next obne who will call it a new game ...(Tasos does it)

New features...yes  (updated graphics, changes to skillset, updated audio, new UI overlay, etc)

Re-written game engine which took 3 years to write....no. 

You still swing and hit the same.  You still build cities the same way.  You still shoot spells the same way.  You still move  the same.  The game engine still communicates the same way. 

The game engine may  have some new features but nothing major has changed.  Everyone had beegine before, now it is restricted to certain "roles." 

Does it impact gameplay? yes

Is it new capability added to the engine? No.

Well the way you said it sounded like they are just patching instead of totally a new game.

Feels like Aion 2.0.

And I still don't get it why DF:UW the no. 1 top voted games in the hype meter then if its not even a new game at all? 

In 1999 I played a game called Asheron's Call.  It provided monthly content "updates" (in fact  it still does).

Since that game every game I have payed called "updates," expansions.  Games like WoW essentially make you pay for the game again to access this expansion.

Now Av wasnt to call an "update" or "expansion" a "new game"  to be certain the rule set has changed which many companies call a new game (face it tab-target MMOs are pretty much the same). 

Who cares what they call it.  I don't neeed to buy a new game. I want to play it because I know it will be fun.

• HopfrogHopfrog Member Posts: 90
    Didn't know Joe Rogan plays DF... good stuff!
  • RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    great podcast reminds of EvE podcasts. I'm in. Purchased it.