Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ten days till end of the world..

and still no really decent mmo's to play : (

Comments

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    guess will have to do with mmorpg.com then that day ey ; )
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by psiicat

11 days to the new long count and the beginning of the new mmorpg golden age?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Nitth

yep. cuz we'll all be living in an FFA PVP, full loot, sandobx then.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    *cracks knuckles and limbers up for the sandbox*

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Crossing my fingers for zombies!!!! image WOOT! image

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by chelan

the carebears are going to be sad.

• HybridGavaxHybridGavax Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I wantz Dragons Prophet and ArcheAge
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    really sick of "the end of the world" media hype bs. if you actually researched the mayan calendar then you would feel like a fool for saying that.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    You do realize the mayan calendar was 3 circles, and the mayans celebrated years closer to cycles of repetition rather than start and end like gregorian calenders.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

I lol'd

You make me like charity

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It amazes that there are people in the world that actually believe this stuff, e.g., charging up their credit cards, etc.

Why on earth would anyone put faith in a race of humans that used to cut the hearts out of their own to appease some sun entity for rain etc.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

the carebears are going to be sad.

I'm sure a lot of the "hardcore" PvPers will be sad as well.  I'm not sure they will do as well in a REAL LIFE, FFA PvP, full loot sandbox as they might in a video game.

• dwarfhealerdwarfhealer Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by killion81

I'm sure a lot of the "hardcore" PvPers will be sad as well.  I'm not sure they will do as well in a REAL LIFE, FFA PvP, full loot sandbox as they might in a video game.

Keep that same shoot first ask questions later mentality. We're completely numb to violence now anyhow.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    10 days till the end of the world....of warcraft.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by stygianapoth
    really sick of "the end of the world" media hype bs. if you actually researched the mayan calendar then you would feel like a fool for saying that.

End of the World hype has nothing to do with Mayan calendar except using the end  of the 12 b'ak'tun, as advertisment.

Nowhere in all of written and preserved forms of text or picture or anything  else Mayan(avaiable to the public and open to viewing on internet and books), is the end of long cycle presented as an end of something, on the contrary it's cause of celebration, its a new begining, day something magnificent and unique happens.

Best example of this is Timeline Zero, which predicted the "Event" a few days before the 21st December, but it's maker pushed it to coincide with the 21st December, for exposure(educated guess from meself).

I don't "believe" in any of the predictions, nor do I have faith that anything will happen, however i do HOPE we get some Alienz finally (public world-wide exposure) xD 

Technology is progressing too slowly, need to speed things up :(

Some people say technology is evolving too fast and presenting problems, i say it's not evolving fast enough.

Also to everyone responsible for C*ckblocking Tesla's inventions, SHAME ON YOU, you're lame, you're all lame, freaking lamers, all these freaking wires are NOT COOL !

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by mmoDAD
    It amazes that there are people in the world that actually believe this stuff, e.g., charging up their credit cards, etc.Why on earth would anyone put faith in a race of humans that used to cut the hearts out of their own to appease some sun entity for rain etc.

There is actually a finite fixed expiry date on our sun. One day there really will be an end of the "world" regardless of us being here or not.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It amazes that there are people in the world that actually believe this stuff, e.g., charging up their credit cards, etc.

Why on earth would anyone put faith in a race of humans that used to cut the hearts out of their own to appease some sun entity for rain etc.

There is actually a finite fixed expiry date on our sun. One day there really will be an end of the "world" regardless of us being here or not.

I know there will be an end-date one day. Rev.

Originally posted by anemo
    You do realize the mayan calendar was 3 circles, and the mayans celebrated years closer to cycles of repetition rather than start and end like gregorian calenders.

and you realize the procession of the zodiacs does not give a crap about any of our calendars? it's a predictable cycle of celestial bodies. think on that.

human sacrifice was in the last era of the mayans before they disappeared. it's not uncommon for a society to go crazy on the brink of their destruction. look at the world today, for more atrocious things going on.

Originally posted by 13lake

End of the World hype has nothing to do with Mayan calendar except using the end  of the 12 b'ak'tun, as advertisment.

Nowhere in all of written and preserved forms of text or picture or anything  else Mayan(avaiable to the public and open to viewing on internet and books), is the end of long cycle presented as an end of something, on the contrary it's cause of celebration, its a new begining, day something magnificent and unique happens.

Best example of this is Timeline Zero, which predicted the "Event" a few days before the 21st December, but it's maker pushed it to coincide with the 21st December, for exposure(educated guess from meself).

I don't "believe" in any of the predictions, nor do I have faith that anything will happen, however i do HOPE we get some Alienz finally (public world-wide exposure) xD 

Some people say technology is evolving too fast and presenting problems, i say it's not evolving fast enough.

Also to everyone responsible for C*ckblocking Tesla's inventions, SHAME ON YOU, you're lame, you're all lame, freaking lamers, all these freaking wires are NOT COOL !

man, i like you. someone that actually knows something. gonna add you to friends list.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

The Mayans are a very gifted and prophetic people thats why they were able to fortell the end of the world hundreds of years in advance, and why they did so well vs the spanish and are doing so well today (lottery winnings and all) Oh wait.... NM

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

LOL! Love how you closed the topic :D

Guess Im in the same boat, but Im MMO hoping at the moment...

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Being in technology for the past 20 years, I completely agree with this statement.  What we are doing with technology today are based on the same principles and standards that were created in the 60s.   We are just able to process the information (read: present) the information faster.  If you didnt grow up with it, I can see it being overwhelming today.

I see it as the stuff we did in our parents basements has just turned mainstream.  I was texting back in 1989 ;-)

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by 13lake
    really sick of "the end of the world" media hype bs. if you actually researched the mayan calendar then you would feel like a fool for saying that

man, i like you. someone that actually knows something. gonna add you to friends list.

Ever since i started actually using me brain, and thinking logically, my IQ has miraculously doubled.

Oh and btw don't spread this prophetic words of wisdom, MENSA will go bankrupt.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Being in technology for the past 20 years, I completely agree with this statement.  What we are doing with technology today are based on the same principles and standards that were created in the 60s.   We are just able to process the information (read: present) the information faster.  If you didnt grow up with it, I can see it being overwhelming today.

I see it as the stuff we did in our parents basements has just turned mainstream.  I was texting back in 1989 ;-)

Exactly :), So many revolutionary ideas from genius people, and they all somehow dissapear into thin air, never to see the light of day for wide-spread public use.

In the rare case they don't, it takes ages for them to be integrated into the society.

I mean come on, mainstream 3D-printers already, just stop making Big Brother, and other reality shows, and u can basically use that money to give away 3D printers and wireless chargers to people for free !. ( not to mention thatprobably less then 1% of a yearly income of all money from the  "developed world" would probably fix all third world country food, water, shelter and hygiene problems for a decade or two, ...)

I mean just look at graphic cards and processors, every new manufacturing process is less of a upgrade than a previous one, why not just skip a year or two ahead, heck skip silicon all together and go straight for carbon nanotubes, why advance       from 32nm to 5nm in a span of 10 years, that's just dumb. Graphics have been on hold basically from 2007 thx to consoles,  so if they can skip 5 freaking years, why can't Intel and AMD skip a few years and not release stuff, and just go straight to picometers :(

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

10 days untill a new date for the end of the world is determined!

Myan calendar is cyclical. Like a big circle.  In fact i think were starting back at their beginning of that calendar in 10 days...wich incidentially wasnt the day the earth was created...which makes me wonder why we assume the end of the calendar is when the world will end?