Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am Losing faith on DF:UW

Comments

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ....like ive said....12/12 not happening

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    ....like ive said....12/12 not happening

i dont think  you want to bet on that. pre orders might not happen and w ehave to deal with a rough store on 12-12-12 but from what ive seen they are still working tonite from the server status page.

http://www.us1.darkfallonline.com/news/

if you watch that they go up and down

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ....thats nice...but it eludes me why a company would work so hard on a new game so called.....and not have any pre-orders.....thats a BIG stream of revinue they are missing!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by poliboy

Only 2 days till 12/12/12 and still no info about the price of the game, the sub and download of client.

I dont think is going to be ready on time.

This lack of information is killing me lol.

If this is how they are going to run their launch, imagine how bad is going to be to display info on bug fixes for the game and balancing issues.

Sorry for my bad english.

Your English is better than a lot of those who speak it as a first language 'round these parts.

And I'm in agreement - I don't think it'll be ready.  But I'm not worried.  I'll play it when it comes out regardless.

• kuratekurate Member UncommonPosts: 14

heres my thing 

1) happy birthday taos. gg.

2) do we really care about delay? i mean look at swtor. enough said about hurry up and launch. 

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76

Ok In case you miss the blog post from Tasos:

'' Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday. ''

Here is the full blog: http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3433

Cheers

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Only 2 days till 12/12/12 and still no info about the price of the game, the sub and download of client.

If this is how they are going to run their launch, imagine how bad is going to be to display info on bug fixes for the game and balancing issues.

I have know Idea if the game will be released on time, 

however:

One of my pet peeves lately,  are games that start offering pre-orders a year in advance. Buy now and get into beta early! I never really trust those games, it's usually a sign the company is out of money. They have fancy webs sites a video and expect you to basically prefinance their game.

Lack of info now days is refreshing.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    the bigger the hype, the harder they fall.
  • kuratekurate Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by stygianapoth
    the bigger the hype, the harder they fall.

really wish ud just leave df:uw out of your mouth

• TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

The best we can do is wait for two months and forget Darkfall. Between going out and not come out, and the problems of launch start... Anyone remember the launch of Darkfall? disconects, limited sales, in fact... nothing good.

I hope that tasos team can launch the game on day 12 without problems, but it is better to accept the obvious. In addition 2 days past and there is nothing at all, well its not feel good.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Traviks

The best we can do is wait for two months and forget Darkfall. Between going out and not come out, and the problems of launch start... Anyone remember the launch of Darkfall? disconects, limited sales, in fact... nothing good.

I hope that tasos team can launch the game on day 12 without problems, but it is better to accept the obvious. In addition 2 days past and there is nothing at all, well its not feel good.

Why are we waiting 2 months?

Originally posted by Cstahler92
    Originally posted by Traviks

Why are we waiting 2 months?

Because is Aventurine.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by SysFail
    If you know AV, your be well versed in how they run things. It's one of those things your have to put up with if you want to play this game, but it is worth it and just remember this is an indie company that has brought us this unique title that pisses on the rest of the MMO genre.

Yes AV has a track record of pissing on their fans and customers, as for a unique title that pisses on the rest of the MMO genre are you talking about Df 1.0 and its 10k and less subs? Can't very well talk about DFUW since its not released and seems to be delayed yet again. (Nothing new DF 1.0 was delayed somethning like 4+ years) Bests settle in for the long wait, or be ready for the buggy hack filled mess that will be out sooner then later. (ie like DF 1.0)

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

- No pre order  even if promised  a week ago on MMORPG interview.

This was never promised. He said they hope to have a pre order from what I remember hearing.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

however:

One of my pet peeves lately,  are games that start offering pre-orders a year in advance. Buy now and get into beta early! I never really trust those games, it's usually a sign the company is out of money. They have fancy webs sites a video and expect you to basically prefinance their game.

You do know AV offered preorders a month or 2 in advance of Df's release? In fact pre-ordering was the only way one could be assured to be able to play the game on its release. If Df 1.0 is any indication DfUW is still a month or 2 off for AV to gets its mandantory pre-order to get to play om day one marketing going.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

however:

You do know AV offered preorders a month or 2 in advance of Df's release? In fact pre-ordering was the only way one could be assured to be able to play the game on its release. If Df 1.0 is any indication DfUW is still a month or 2 off for AV to gets its mandantory pre-order to get to play om day one marketing going.

Except that anyone who bought DF 1 doesn't need to buy DF 2.

Keep trying hater.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I think moste ppl aren't aware of how the greek culture work. Its a known fact that nothing works without Fakelaki.

It seems that you have to send them a "little envelope" to get: infos, download client etc. :-)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by winter
    If you know AV, your be well versed in how they run things. It's one of those things your have to put up with if you want to play this game, but it is worth it and just remember this is an indie company that has brought us this unique title that pisses on the rest of the MMO genre.

Yes AV has a track record of pissing on their fans and customers, as for a unique title that pisses on the rest of the MMO genre are you talking about Df 1.0 and its 10k and less subs? Can't very well talk about DFUW since its not released and seems to be delayed yet again. (Nothing new DF 1.0 was delayed somethning like 4+ years) Bests settle in for the long wait, or be ready for the buggy hack filled mess that will be out sooner then later. (ie like DF 1.0)

Having 10k or less subs doesn't detract from that fact they made an MMO that was actually fun to play, it was certainly the most fun i've had with an MMO for a decade.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Hope is the path to disappointment  
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

but look here..

http://support.darkfallonline.com/

new articles updated today haha

Originally posted by Caldrin

but look here..

http://support.darkfallonline.com/

new articles updated today haha

Too sad man, scrapping and digging? An excitement for an update on his support page?

I'm lole'd so hard when tasos team announce a new delay tomorrow.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    LOL someone posted it on the Darkfall forums i didnt even know the page existed :)
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Support page is slightly updated for an unreleased game, hi5! Seriously though, AV doesnt necessarily adhere to common industry practices. Look at the original launch for example, just calm down and breathe
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    They might have some things to iron out with the Steam distribution, that would be my guess as to why delay it.
  • HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

Having 10k or less subs doesn't detract from that fact they made an MMO that was actually fun to play, it was certainly the most fun i've had with an MMO for a decade.

Haha true.

I rather read the Darkfall forums than play any of the mmos out there.

Tasos, take my money .....please