Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not too excited about this game....yet.

AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Judging from the lack of info on their Official Site, I find it hard to give a company my money before I try their game first.

Sorry, but if you can't put any effort in your official site to peak the interest level of players, how will you do it with the game?

Is this just a quick way to make money and then use our money to "start" improving it at our expense?

Maybe I am wrong, we'll see. I'll be looking for videos and reviews before I move even closer to spending money to play this.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Comments

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    If you're not sure, just wait for a bit, if the game is good or bad should be pretty clear come release. I really doubt it's just a quick way to get money though, as they are giving it away for free to all the old players.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Ivylena

Judging from the lack of info on their Official Site, I find it hard to give a company my money before I try their game first.

Then dont.

If they were looking for a quick way to make money they wouldn't be giving the client away to whose who already purchased DF1.

Its not my job to talk you into playing/buying DF-UW, frankly I couldnt care less.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

i ll doubt many former customer would rebuy the client without at least  a free trial (some sort of open beta) , thats why is more profitable for them to give client free to existing customers to avoid free trial for new customer and more chances on returning subscribers at same time.

dont forget it was planned that the service would just be down for 3 -4 days to patch the server, with current subs to simply continue,  but due to incompetence they lost already month of revenue.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Then dont.

If they were looking for a quick way to make money they wouldn't be giving the client away to whose who already purchased DF1.

Its not my job to talk you into playing/buying DF-UW, frankly I could care less.

*couldn't

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Then dont.

Its not my job to talk you into playing/buying DF-UW, frankly I could care less.

1. I never purchased DF1.

2. You seem to make it your job to care or you would not have responded in the first place.

3. Irony

4. :-)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

i ll doubt many former customer would rebuy the client without at least  a free trial (some sort of open beta) , thats why is more profitable for them to give client free to existing customers to avoid free trial for new customer and more chances on returning subscribers at same time.

dont forget it was planned that the service would just be down for 3 -4 days to patch the server, with current subs to simply continue,  but due to incompetence they lost already month of revenue.

BOOOM truth explosion.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Never played DF1 but all I know is I cannot wait to play DF:UW. Maybe I'll regret it but dropping some bucks on a potentially amazing game is something I'm willing to risk on day 1. 

Now... to find a good clan...

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by wormed

Then dont.

Its not my job to talk you into playing/buying DF-UW, frankly I couldnt care less.

*couldn't

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    I agree with the OP. The official website is mediocre. First impressions matters. I will follow-up after launch and check some reviews though.
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by Lizardone
    I agree with the OP. The official website is mediocre. First impressions matters. I will follow-up after launch and check some reviews though.

Yes - because we all know that if a game has a great website it'll be awseome - like STWOR...oh wait

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

I been tricked to play SWTOR and GW2 through alot information before launch....

This company uses the time on the game, not on promotion. And its 100% more as your fantasy game would be if you create it yourself, than any other...

So PAY OMFG, and start playing.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Never played DF1 but all I know is I cannot wait to play DF:UW. Maybe I'll regret it but dropping some bucks on a potentially amazing game is something I'm willing to risk on day 1. 

I agree with this 100%.

Lots of pre release information did nothing to help SWTOR be a good game.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Sorry, but if you can't put any effort in your official site to peak the interest level of players, how will you do it with the game?

Is this just a quick way to make money and then use our money to "start" improving it at our expense?

Maybe I am wrong, we'll see. I'll be looking for videos and reviews before I move even closer to spending money to play this.

I find this kind of attitude to be a big problem with 95% of MMO's nowadays... not the only problem but a big problem. This is NOT the kind of game/company that is looking for a huge turnout on day 1 and then have it die off slowly over the next year until it's forced to go f2p. AV is a small company that is focused on creating a good GAME, not necessarily a good WEBSITE. If done right it will always have a small - moderate base that sticks around FOREVER.

In stark contrast to this is... almost every other MMO on the market that starts out huge and then dies off because it's populated by the people that jump from one popular MMO to the next.

But I guess basically I'll just what seems to be on everybody's mind: then don't buy it. We're really not looking for this to be the next WoW, Tera or GW2. We just want a good game.

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by WellzyC

I agree with this 100%.

Lots of pre release information did nothing to help SWTOR be a good game.

Exactly.... And there are plenty of info to find... Ask me i know EVERYTHING :)

To hype it even more, DF:UW compared to other mmo's, are with:

1. Full loot

2. Owning and creating clan cities, which actually works well

3. Fighting for resources and hamlets, actually works aswell

4. No instanced world.

5. Fishing. :D

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Of course an outdated or unattended official website always gives a bad impression.

In my opinion the game is going to be good and based on the trial I did on DarkFall 1.0, even If I never bought it, Im probably buying this one as soon as is available.

If you are not sure of course better to wait until, you have lots of info or a free trial.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

For those of you guys who don't know, Adventurine SA receives a lot of its funding from the Greek Hellenic Department of Development as well as some EU organizations to conduct and develop 3d engine technologies.

With that being said, they probably don't have the capital to market their "private venture" as us American's would like to see.  The proof in the pudding that DFUW is worth the hype is that despite the growing pains that Darkfalls subscriber base has experienced with Adventurine, we're all here waiting for the next game they release.  

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be skeptical.. but take it into consideration that this is the one company that is basing their business model on word of mouth and loyalty, not flashy websites, commercials, and ads/paid hype articles in magazines like PCGAMER, etc. 

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

I don`t think yo will regret it.

Darkfall is something completly different from yor average mmo, and if you enjoy pvp with a purpose, you`ll be in for a treat. There is a reason we still want this game, even after the troubble with DF1. Join a decent clan the moment you start the game. If you decide you don`t like the clan you`re in, say a polite goodbye and find another.

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by JeremyBowyer

I find this kind of attitude to be a big problem with 95% of MMO's nowadays... not the only problem but a big problem. This is NOT the kind of game/company that is looking for a huge turnout on day 1 and then have it die off slowly over the next year until it's forced to go f2p. AV is a small company that is focused on creating a good GAME, not necessarily a good WEBSITE. If done right it will always have a small - moderate base that sticks around FOREVER.

In stark contrast to this is... almost every other MMO on the market that starts out huge and then dies off because it's populated by the people that jump from one popular MMO to the next.

But I guess basically I'll just what seems to be on everybody's mind: then don't buy it. We're really not looking for this to be the next WoW, Tera or GW2. We just want a good game.

Christ Jeremy this is one of the best responses I've seen.. You my friend

hit the nail on the head!!!  Here's to us all finding a home with a ccompany like you just discribed

i sure hope its darkfall UW and adventurine

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I'll be getting Darkfall for sure..but next week after I see some opinions. I've been burned way too many times by games I bought on release :(

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

Going into this company without knowing anything about it it would be sketchy as all hell. But they have released a game that many people bought and subscribed to and they operated in much the same way as they are now.

So I can only leave you with this is how they work, If you want to try the game it's safe to do so. They care about their game and work on it but info comes out slow and stuff gets done somewhat slowly. It's not a major company with 100s of people releaseing a AAA MMO.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------