Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am Losing faith on DF:UW

Only 2 days till 12/12/12 and still no info about the price of the game, the sub and download of client.

I dont think is going to be ready on time.

This lack of information is killing me lol.

If this is how they are going to run their launch, imagine how bad is going to be to display info on bug fixes for the game and balancing issues.

Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• kuratekurate Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I really wish this post was on the DF Forums. So much trolling would go on in a matter of seconds. 
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

http://sandboxer.org/

use your web browser's search page ability (often ctrl+F) and look for darkfall halfway down the page. dunno if that's what you're looking for, but thought it was worth mentioning.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

This game is not released on 12/12/12 it's kinda obviously don't you think? No way this game can be released in two days without information, webpage, preorder or new web. I know, I've played darkfall for last 9 months, and I know how aventurine works with their own community, but srsly... ur a holy crazy if target 12/12/12 for launch day haha.

Srsly, wait 1 or 2 months for the real launch day.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    If you know AV, your be well versed in how they run things. It's one of those things your have to put up with if you want to play this game, but it is worth it and just remember this is an indie company that has brought us this unique title that pisses on the rest of the MMO genre.
  • poliboypoliboy Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by chelan

http://sandboxer.org/

use your web browser's search page ability (often ctrl+F) and look for darkfall halfway down the page. dunno if that's what you're looking for, but thought it was worth mentioning.

chelan,

I guess you did not understand the meaning of my post.

When is release date? 12/12/12. only 2 days left.

Do you know how much the game will cost at launch? = no

Do you know how much is the sub. fee? = no

Can you download the client now for pre-load? = no

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

and you have any right to.

Add this to the long list of fails in the AV deals with the customer.  Very recent also :

- No pre order  even if promised  a week ago on MMORPG interview.

but hey the missed to launch a whole expansion without telling whats going on for months ! (The expansion never laucnhed)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    well, this is the game once thought vaporware. What did it take them, 8-9 years to actually launch the game? Can't expect a level of transparency from a company known to cloud its windows.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I would be surprised, was it not for AV doing the exact same thing for the original lunch. I.e. keep pushing the release further and further. This is how this company "works".
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Traviks

This game is not released on 12/12/12 it's kinda obviously don't you think? No way this game can be released in two days without information, webpage, preorder or new web. I know, I've played darkfall for last 9 months, and I know how aventurine works with their own community, but srsly... ur a holy crazy if target 12/12/12 for launch day haha.

Srsly, wait 1 or 2 months for the real launch day.

Hah - you missed the first launch I see....  LOL

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

some of you might be to young to remember this but not so many years ago there was no such thing as pre-downloading.  We used to have to walk our fat asses up hill both ways to buy games at the store when they opened in the morning the day of release like 9am such BS. 

AV is a SMALL company in Greece and some of the things people want are just out of there reach there is a real possibility there is no pre-order / pre-load they have had accounting problems in the past but honestly the game may very well launch 12/12/12 until they say it isnt I wouldnt count them out.

Should there be a huge PR compaign spanning all the social media like most current releases?  sure but thats just not how AV rolls.

Originally posted by the420kid

some of you might be to young to remember this but not so many years ago there was no such thing as pre-downloading.  We used to have to walk our fat asses up hill both ways to buy games at the store when they opened in the morning the day of release like 9am such BS. 

AV is a SMALL company in Greece and some of the things people want are just out of there reach there is a real possibility there is no pre-order / pre-load they have had accounting problems in the past but honestly the game may very well launch 12/12/12 until they say it isnt I wouldnt count them out.

Should there be a huge PR compaign spanning all the social media like most current releases?  sure but thats just not how AV rolls.

If you don't want to do the pre order  don't do it.

But bigmouthing a pre order like Tasos and then fail to accomplish shows you not ready for big business.

Thats not the first time that bigmouth bit off too much of business cake and couldnt stomach it.

he should start become a serious developer and regain some trust from customer and not some car selling iraki information minister .

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by the420kid

The only reasons not to have a pre-load / early client download (in this day and age) are:

1)  The game is not ready and they are hoping to fix some things up in the next two days

2)  They are doing this to create their own staggared entry into the game so that the system can handle the player population in the starting areas all at once

3)  They hope that by leaving the download to some crappy server that people will create a torrent ASAP and it will take some pressure off of them

My guess is all of the above. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Gotta love all the haters.

DFUW will release sometime soon (12-14th I'd wager) and it will once again reclaim the title of best sandbox MMO.

[mod edit]

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    There's been a update! They are swearing 100% up and down the release had a typo. The release date is 12/12/21. So setting down. 9 more years and all will be well. Hurray!
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Bah ...... tomorrow at some point they will release a torrent that is the game client.  Soon it will have 5k seeds and you can get the game in an hour or less.  They will announce that only previous holders of a Darkfall account can play for now.  They will see how that goes.  There will be a queue and lots of qq. 

If all goes well you will be able to buy Darkfall: Unholy Wars in a week or so.    

Welcome to the peculiar world of Aventurine.

• lythriallythrial Member UncommonPosts: 5

I don't post here much, usually just read. I basically come here daily to see if there is more news on DF. I find it to be so wierd that people post so many of these threads. It seems less about darkfall, and more about starting fights becween fanbois and trolls.

I don't get why people feel so entitled when it comes to games either. Usually games will release info and such about a game before launching - it is their choice if they have the means to do so. But these forums act like Darkfall devs are intentionally depriving players of what they're entitled to. It is their game, their vision, and their choice. Everyone acts like they are the God of MMO knowledge and can predict failure based on almost anything.

I loved the origional Darkfall, and whether it's in two days or two years, I will be playing the new one. If you want to know about the game, all the information, and links to all the information that has been released this far can be found on this forum.
    As for the sub and payment, I've heard that origional DF players will get some sort of discount. I imagine it will be 49.99 for everyone else, and the sub will likely be 14.99. This is just me guessing based on history.

Seriously though, enough troll posts. You will get information as it becomes available.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Uzik

Gotta love all the haters.

DFUW will release sometime soon (12-14th I'd wager) and it will once again reclaim the title of best sandbox MMO.

Sucks that soo many butthurt baddies constantly try to bring the game down.

Yeah indeed =/

Obviously they don't even lift

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

It's quite simple, if Tassos or her team doesn't say something today/tomorrow, they can't launch on wednesday. Enjoy ur fanboyism with ur poor excuse about "indie corp". Man,what a joke!. If they cant mark a real launch target, dont say that. 

12/12/12 Tassos: Sorry we delay the game again, febraury 23 its the new start day. 

Sorry but its true, and don't get my wrong because I love these game, but 12/12/12 its nothin but a empty date.

Originally posted by lythrial

I don't post here much, usually just read. I basically come here daily to see if there is more news on DF. I find it to be so wierd that people post so many of these threads. It seems less about darkfall, and more about starting fights becween fanbois and trolls.

I don't get why people feel so entitled when it comes to games either. Usually games will release info and such about a game before launching - it is their choice if they have the means to do so. But these forums act like Darkfall devs are intentionally depriving players of what they're entitled to. It is their game, their vision, and their choice. Everyone acts like they are the God of MMO knowledge and can predict failure based on almost anything.

I loved the origional Darkfall, and whether it's in two days or two years, I will be playing the new one. If you want to know about the game, all the information, and links to all the information that has been released this far can be found on this forum.
    As for the sub and payment, I've heard that origional DF players will get some sort of discount. I imagine it will be 49.99 for everyone else, and the sub will likely be 14.99. This is just me guessing based on history.

Seriously though, enough troll posts. You will get information as it becomes available.

we can have opinions on AV and how the perform can't we ?

Want us to just pay and shut up ? sure thats the wet dream of Tasos but it isn't gona happen.

Nov the 15th was AV's choice as launch date.  No one here is to blame about their poor performance to cant accomplish that date.

But customers have to suffer because the server have been shutdown not offering a service which has been payed for.

Then they choose to delay  to 12-12-12. Its not we forced them to choose that date. They did.

They should know better..

meanwhile the service isn't established  and because pre order failed the worries about the launch are absolute legitim.

they missed a whole expansion without any explanation and customers didnt know for months whats going on.

All this info is very usefull for future steam customers..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by poliboy

Only 2 days till 12/12/12 and still no info about the price of the game, the sub and download of client.

If this is how they are going to run their launch, imagine how bad is going to be to display info on bug fixes for the game and balancing issues.

Your statement makes no sense.

You say "If this is how they run their launch"

What launch?If they decide to delay the launch,then it is not launching is it?

Remeber last launch,i think they surprised many ,even though it was in segments.This is not a team with a lot of money,they do not run extensive beta testing.They launch and let so many in at a time,i think becasue they are unsure of their server structure.

A Failed launch would be one that launches full of bugs and players cannot login ect ect.

The reason SHOULD be obvious,they are unsure if they can be ready.

Personally i think this game will launch ok,the game imo  will be not much better than the last,but let's hope for the best,maybe it will surprise a lot of people and give hope to the little guy.

Part is some sneaky work i guess.if they are unsure but then make it happen,they can play dumb and act like it was always ready.Personally i would not ridicule them or complain,let them release it when it is ready.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by poliboy

Your statement makes no sense.

You say "If this is how they run their launch"

What launch?If they decide to delay the launch,then it is not launching is it?

Remeber last launch,i think they surprised many ,even though it was in segments.This is not a team with a lot of money,they do not run extensive beta testing.They launch and let so many in at a time,i think becasue they are unsure of their server structure.

A Failed launch would be one that launches full of bugs and players cannot login ect ect.

The reason SHOULD be obvious,they are unsure if they can be ready.

Personally i think this game will launch ok,the game imo  will be not much better than the last,but let's hope for the best,maybe it will surprise a lot of people and give hope to the little guy.

Part is some sneaky work i guess.if they are unsure but then make it happen,they can play dumb and act like it was always ready.Personally i would not ridicule them or complain,let them release it when it is ready.

You know supposed to be launched Nov the 15th ? How is this launch ok ?  i mean 2-3 days  due to unforseen bug..but a whole month and still unsure ? 

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Bah ...... tomorrow at some point they will release a torrent that is the game client.  Soon it will have 5k seeds and you can get the game in an hour or less.  They will announce that only previous holders of a Darkfall account can play for now.  They will see how that goes.  There will be a queue and lots of qq. 

^^this guy is on the right track

Originally posted by 123443211234
    Originally posted by Hairysun

^^this guy is on the right track

even if,..why that bigmouth Tasos dont shape up and give that info on that possibility today ?

• shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by gorro187
    There's been a update! They are swearing 100% up and down the release had a typo. The release date is 12/12/21. So setting down. 9 more years and all will be well. Hurray!

lmao

this cracked me up

• lythriallythrial Member UncommonPosts: 5

(Response to DarthRaiden)

There is a difference between having an opinion and beating a dead horse.

Sure, maybe the delay was a failure in your eyes, but I'd rather have the game made correctly than quickly. What I'm saying is that if they push it back, that is their choice. Where do you get off feeling they owe you something? They set a release date, and were incorrect, and you're bitching about it, that isn't even an opinion.

And the server has been shutdown, yes, but the customers are no longer subscribed to it, so no, they didn't rip anyone off. DF isn't the first game to shutdown.

When I imagine what you are as a person based on this post, it's a whiney little bitch who wants everything in life to happen for him perfectly, or he is gonna throw a fit.