Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Toymaker Tixx's Workshop Star of New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 team has released a terrific new video that shines the spotlight on the upcoming Wintersday event that will feature Toymaker Tixx and his magnificent workshop. It's definitely something you will NOT want to miss. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I see a new jumping puzzle, hope it will be as hard as the Halloween one.
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Looks nice, but why no 720p, at least? I'm ashamed to even link this to my friends because of low quality...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Awsomeness!- have been playing Borderlands 2 -awaiting this event! sometimes bad boys need pretty things!

lol

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by sudo
    Looks nice, but why no 720p, at least? I'm ashamed to even link this to my friends because of low quality...

Youtube didn't update it yet probably. there are good quality vids of this on different channels.

I can't wait!

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

My favourite times of the year in GW1 were events like this, they are even better in GW2 :)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Yup, official awesomeness.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Big smile from me :)

Jumping puzzles are always good fun, I may not be able to complete them but I have a laugh with my guildies while trying.

Looking forward to this one, I'll ignore RNG cash shop items (but reserve the right to bitch about them *grin*). Hoping he spends a bit of time in each city so they see some love during this event.

They really are taking their events to the next level in GW2, they have a great track record with them in GW. I was mostly impressed with Halloween. Lost shores was a bit naff but hey it's a learning curve.

It's my work Xmas party the night the content launches, 3 am with several tequilas inside me might not be the best time to make my first attempt at the jumping puzzle, but it's highly likely :)

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

I heard you need to fight chocolate elemental to get special golden ticket to access the workshop!

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Looks awesome
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

The full schedule of events has been posted, looks incredible.

It looks like he arrives in each city at 10 am and remains there for 24hrs, each having a unique event attached to it. Once he gets to LA those events will still be playable.

PvP snowball fights
    Jumping puzzle
    Unique events in all 6 cities
    Intriguing musical instrument game ?
    New stuff in the cash shop (for those that want it)

They pushed the boat out. Fingers and toes crossed it will be relatively bug free.

*excited*

• reef22reef22 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Out of so many festivities in GW1, the Wintersday was my favorite.  Even before I could purchase GW2, and before I actually set foot in the GW 2 world, I was already looking forward to the Wintersday event in GW 2.  I thought that the Wintersday in GW 2 would look even better than GW 1 with the new design and everything.  

Really looking forward to it.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Wow they didn't show the insane parastic "ticks" in his bloated form after feeding off the life essences of childern he catpured in his floating toy factory/dungeon. Neither they show Tock in his true demon form, so sad, but then i guess arenet wanted to keep the horrors of Wintersday awaiting players a surprise! :)

Edit: seriously though one only needs to look at Ticks to see he has to be somekinda villian he looks scarier then the mad king. Of course all asura look like gross disgusting little/gremlin/demons to me anyway so perhaps I'm not impartial :)

•  

Fun video and looking forward to things.

To winter: Haha :) I feel the same about the asura - suspiciously cute from a distance and then (almost always) ugly as heck up close. ;) No offence to any asura out there. My human talks like a 6-year old, a dumb one.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    I am getting the feeling only the HUGE expections can ruin this event lol (and bugs, oh yes, bugs :p)