Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was ready...

TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

When I woke this morning I was ready for some downloading. I put on my downloading pants and ate my downloading breakfast... Alas there is no DF: UW to download this morning. It is 8 am so maybe when work is over I can download some game! 

They need to hurry because I am a lazy American who needs everything right now or I will stomp my feet!

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    its not out until the 12th..
  • TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I know this. But you would know they said they were going to allow early download on Monday if you were listening. Here we are.... Monday... No download.

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Thought they said maybe..
  • TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by afropuff420
    Thought they said maybe..

Yeah so? I am a greedy American with hopes and dreams. This waiting thing is bull crap.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I was ready... until the delay, even hyped. The push back really took some umph away from launch this time.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Topherpunch
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I know this. But you would know they said they were going to allow early download on Monday if you were listening. Here we are.... Monday... No download.

They don't have a ton of employeed lawyers without a reason..

Watch what he said to be failsafe on everything that could happen..

"Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.  "

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

You wont see anything till after noon greece time, i dont think ive ever seen any posts till after noon from Ave exspecialy important ones they basicly spend the first half of there day making sure everything is right in there post and it all written correctly double check it like 5 times then post it, which take a few hours :P

Majority of there Spotlike posts are made from 3pm-7pm forum time atm its 1pm forums time so dont expect it for another few hours if there gonna do it today.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by sanshi44

You wont see anything till after noon greece time, i dont think ive ever seen any posts till after noon from Ave exspecialy important ones they basicly spend the first half of there day making sure everything is right in there post and it all written correctly double check it like 5 times then post it, which take a few hours :P

Majority of there Spotlike posts are made from 3pm-7pm forum time atm its 1pm forums time so dont expect it for another few hours if there gonna do it today.

So you are saying, they are gonna spend several hours to word "the game will be delayed again" correctly?

Could be :P just saying there is only a handful of spotlight thread that post time was before 2pm forum time, Most of them are between 3pm-7pm with a couple more a little before it or after that.

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476

If everyone is allowed to download this is what happens:

1. Everyone that even remotly THINKS of  buying the game will download it, eatiing up all the bandwidth, and costing a bundle.

2. The files will be disassembled and picked appart, extracting images and goodies

3. The cheating community will start building cheats.

To prevent MOST of that, they will wait until the pre-orders are operational then they can let only people that will acturally play the game to download it.

I have nothing clever to say.

Why play the first day,  let others do the beta test and wait for the beta leaks... errrm...reviews and then after all set down maybe invest into DF.

Highly  suggested for  those who dont have copy   because tthey need to pay much more bucks. Wait for some who owns the client and just has to sub.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• zpwRzpwR Member Posts: 8
    I've been a darkfall fan since 2008 and when AV says they MIGHT do something, that usally means no.  I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but you probably wont be downloading till the game comes out, if it gets succesfully launched on wednesday.  Just a word of advice, don't call in sick or make any drastic changes on wednesday because things could happen, im talking from past experience here.  Just be patient and you'll be playing soon!
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Even IF it will get thrown out at last minute, I sure would like to have that statement today. The weekend is over that they said they needed to get things in place. And still no word. The day ain´t over but it sure seems like my prediction for no launch 12/12/12 is coming true with every minute passing minute without a word from AV. But still hope AV can prove me wrong.

Edit. This is taken from Tasos statement b4 the weekend: "

So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday".

This means if we don´t hear anything today, we are screwed for launch on wednesday... :(

Your wrong.  Not hearing from them just means that there will not be a pre order/pre download.  AV has never done this before, so it's something new and we can't expect them to get it done on time.  Not hearing from them isn't always a bad thing. It just means they are really busy and are trying to make launch date.  If you do hear from them before launch it's probably go to be pushing it back after Christmas so keep your fingers crossed.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Topherpunch

When I woke this morning I was ready for some downloading. I put on my downloading pants and ate my downloading breakfast... Alas there is no DF: UW to download this morning. It is 8 am so maybe when work is over I can download some game! They need to hurry because I am a lazy American who needs everything right now or I will stomp my feet!

Thanks mate, you made my day.
    I love DF community and its sillyness :)

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    They did not set a time zone nor a time, so they have not misguided you on this yet.... yet.  Although I am pretty sure it will come out 12/12/12.

Originally posted by zpwR
    Your wrong.  Not hearing from them just means that there will not be a pre order/pre download.  AV has never done this before, so it's something new and we can't expect them to get it done on time.  Not hearing from them isn't always a bad thing. It just means they are really busy and are trying to make launch date.  If you do hear from them before launch it's probably go to be pushing it back after Christmas so keep your fingers crossed.

That´s the thing. I don´t think they WILL release it without a pre-order. How stupid wouldn´t that be? They are a business company after all. And even though they adore those that bought the original copy, they want the game sold to all the new players as well. So I highly doubt your correct. Not hearing from them is NOT a good thing. But I do hope we get SOME info today that says either, it will get out before 2015 (yeah, it´s a joke), or that they will launch it wednesday as planned. They can´t let this day pass without ANY info. But who knows. We are talking about AV after all... :P

Originally posted by phantomghost
    They did not set a time zone nor a time, so they have not misguided you on this yet.... yet.  Although I am pretty sure it will come out 12/12/12.

Yes, in my opinion, there is too much advertisement and hype based around this launch.  It would be stupid to push back the launch date again, which will turn many people from buying the game.

My guess is that they will release it on 1/13/13 since it's the next sounding "cool" date after 12/12/12. ;)
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

My guess is that they will release it on 1/13/13 since it's the next sounding "cool" date after 12/12/12. ;)

Why not the 13/13/13 then? It would be even cooler

Originally posted by ste2000

If a year had 13 months then yes... But I guess in AVs world anything is possible. :P

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    You should had put your "Expected game gets delayed" pants

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    i think there going to release 12-12-12
    1/1/2111 is more sound ;)

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Update from Tasos:

"The release is still on track.  We are not delaying.  There was a typographical error however.  The actual release will be in the year 121,212 AD.  We are hoping to be able to release the game by then."

Originally posted by ste2000

If a year had 13 months then yes... But I guess in AVs world anything is possible. :P

That was my point
    Obviously it was a joke, AKA DF:UW will never get released.
    After all it took them 9 years to release the first one