Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMOFTW - Ep 27 - The Meanest Thing You've Done?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In this week's MMOFTW, Xsyon goes F2P, SWTOR Devs are Listening, End of Nations changes hands, EVE Online seeks Retribution, and The War Z goes Beta. Plus in our community spotlight we ask you what the meanest thing you've ever done in an MMO is. Watch it on our MMOFTW #27 page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    EQ 1 NTOV i used monk and FD on a 100+ raid and wiped them .Reason for the A$$ move ,too cockblock the other guild :)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Generally my "mean things" are pretty harmless. Time-wasters rather than genuine malice, I guess.

I have sent people on 'round the globe' trips when they ask "How do I get to <x>?" a few times.  Used to do Kalimdor to Un'Goro Crater via Stormwind, for instance.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Gave someone false hope, then crushed it like a cold blooded killer. Still feel bad about it from time to time. Turns out I was in the right to do so, but I still handled the situation wrong despite the other persons behavior. Live and learn I guess. I would really rather be a peacemaker than a shallow self centered hypocrite that I am.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

The meanest thing I've done.....is actually a 'we' did; I don't want to claim responsibility for the decision ).

Back in EQ top guilds battled for boss spawns. I was in a guild which participated with others in a calendar system (remember this the next time you get mad at instancing). 

The calendar system generally meant you got a crack at a boss once a month or so, sometimes less often.

The top guild on the server didn't participate in the calendar. 

They would go to the boss they wanted and train everyone's raid.

Therefore, my guild being the Wolverine of the good guys (almost not a good guy; walking the edge of the rules, morally ambiguous) - we would often train that guild.

I guess it is almost a Robin Hood kind of mean in some ways......however, I remember as the vendetta got worse, it seemed we were looking for that guild to train as often as a boss to kill.

Soo.....

In summary... meanest thing ever done to me was getting trained by that guild.

Meanest thing I've ever done is train them back, with interest.

• hedbonkerhedbonker Member Posts: 2
    In EQ1 back in the day, for beggars in the lowbie zones, tell them to target me and hit /d for donate mode (initiates duel mode).  Then burn their ass to the ground.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

in EQOA for the ps2 i played 2 playstations at a time. A tank and a Healer. When i got rally bored i played the "train" game. In EQOA this was something that would never be fixed so it was a very common thing while fighting for grind spots. I probably trained 1000s of players over the years. In fact most people just laughed about it because we all knew each other.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pretend to be a girl
    Get lots of freebies of white knights
    Then yelled sausage suprise