Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get ready for next week

13»

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by storm219
    If the grind is as bad as in the first DF, I won't buy it

its not

lol how would u know the games not even launch yet:p

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Calm yourselfs down. Surley you can wait another week to buy it, hate it, and come slag it of on mmorpg.com ? no?
  • ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Elminzter
    Originally posted by storm219
    If the grind is as bad as in the first DF, I won't buy it

its not

lol how would u know the games not even launch yet:p

Because they fixed the grind already later in the first Darkfall... and now we have roles and shit which effectively cuts down the grind to be effective something huge.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Pushed back?

Nah ..... the game was ready a month ago (figuratively speaking).  They just didn't want to release on top of the Planetside 2 release.  It really is that simple ....

Hairysun

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by DMKano

I am not buying this delay due to PS2 launch, the fan base for each game is quite different. Not to mention how crappastic PS2 turned out.

I think they are still working out launch issues.

Lots of people waiting for DF plays PS2 in the mean-time.. but yeah, sucks ass and I'm already sick off it.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• JasdemiJasdemi Member UncommonPosts: 149
    LOLOLO, I predicted the future. 
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Melgaroth
    Sorry not gonna happen. They already confirmed Friday its launching next week. Last time they delayed it was 6 days before launch. Most it will get delayed is maybe a few days IMHO and that would only be cause the servers crashed due to too many people trying to play. 

I'm gonna guess you Know nothing of AV and aren't in the least bit Psychic

Originally posted by Serignuad

All that effort just to end up as a failure.

So I'm guessing someone in Darkfall ganked you two years ago and you are still mad?

Who was the failure again do tell? So how is that darkfall unholy wars your playing on 12/12 ?

Sorry really can't resist the AV fanbois were all so sure when they were never around for Df 1.0 and knew nothing of how AV and Tasos operates

Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Above is from the Darkfall Blog. Bolded area is what makes me certain they are still aiming for 12/12. They did not mention a push back also. 

and now you know Tasos lies, alot.

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Jasdemi
    LOLOLO, I predicted the future. 

I lol'd xP

..but I do feel kind of sorry for all the Darkfall fans though :/

Originally posted by kadepsyson

No worries about them being a small company.  If they are unsure if they can hit the date, they can do several things -

1.  Mention nothing until really close to the date, and then delay

2.  Mention they are struggling, but still trying to hit the date.  Communicate.

3.  Mention as soon as they have doubts a slight delay so they can be sure they can hit it.  Possibly release a bit earlier or allow preloading if they get done sooner.

Seems they are going with option 1.  No communication.

Or..

4. Work on getting the game out. Not worry about communication because they already have communicated the game is launching on 12/12/12. 

Seriously do you want hourly updates on what they are doing? Live streaming of them working on the game? I'll admit that would be cool and I always welcome information from them about whats going on, but realistically I would rather them bust their asses over the weekend and into next week to launch the game that I really want to play instead of baby sitting whiners on the forums.

they anounced the second release delay on 12/12 in greece. Are you gonna defend that they didn't know, or didn't have time to post that release would be delayed again before release day?

Rabid AV fans are funny

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Sorry not gonna happen. They already confirmed Friday its launching next week. Last time they delayed it was 6 days before launch. Most it will get delayed is maybe a few days IMHO and that would only be cause the servers crashed due to too many people trying to play. 

Seems you and AV are on two different pages. How many deadlines does AV have to miss before people start to understand how this company does business? I suggest stop making plans based on there "timetable"  and simply wait....and wait....and wait some more for the actual release.

Originally posted by TheJoda
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Tomorrow (monday), we'll know what's going to happen.

I'm a positive thinker, so I believe they'll have pre-purchases up and downloadable client. They did work on this all weekend, according to Tasos, so they'd have to be really inexperienced to not have anything up yet by then. In Aventurine's defense though, they do mention the billing is mainly handled by an external party(s).

That said though, this is going to be a new account management system, and with that, I would imagine a new website...

.....I agree, with all this lack of media, game info, sub plans and the most important thing HOW TO BUY THE GAME for new players.......ya its going to be pushed back. 

I mean what other game lately has no PRE-ORDERs or even this lack of media so close to launch?

they would have told us by now they was delaying 

So you would have thought, but you were wrong. and Wrong about DF 1.0 only having one relaase date delayed as well check your history you'll become a better informed person