Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i bought EVE...

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by tom_gore

I would attribute this more to utter stupidity, because without idiots, there wouldn't be any scammers. But of course the scammers want to take pride in being smarted than the shoebox on the receiving end of their scams.

Even scamming requires to be creative and have some "skill" regardless your effort of playing it down...however, the ISK were not acquired through any scam, theft or any similar activity.

Ok now you got me interested. Praytell how you acquire one billion ISK in 24 hours with a fresh charater without scamming or exploiting?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by tom_goreOk now you got me interested. Praytell how you acquire one billion ISK in 24 hours with a fresh charater without scamming or exploiting?

There are quite a few methods. This particular case was exploiting knowledge of NPC spawning mechanics and faction loot.

Ok now you got me interested. Praytell how you acquire one billion ISK in 24 hours with a fresh charater without scamming or exploiting?

There are quite a few methods. This particular case was exploiting knowledge of NPC spawning mechanics and faction loot.

So it was an exploit, one that's probably plugged by now. Kudos to you for finding that exploit and reporting it, but it doesn't change the fact that by legitimate means it's not really possible to pay for your sub with PLEX within the first month, unless you dedicate your whole playing time to it.

Originally posted by Robokapp

or looking at contract - market discrepancies for super-tiny items like killbooks and blueprints.

a ratting rig blueprint that requires a lot of armor plates will be worth virtually nothing in North but be priceless in South.

you'd be surprised what value one can fit inside a shuttle and ferry across region borders.

This is of course legit, but requires knowledge of market prices and finding un-camped routes across the galaxy. Both which are generally unavailable for new players.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

So it was an exploit, one that's probably plugged by now. Kudos to you for finding that exploit and reporting it, but it doesn't change the fact that by legitimate means it's not really possible to pay for your sub with PLEX within the first month, unless you dedicate your whole playing time to it.

You will help others who have been there longer pay for there game time.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I'm sorry was there a point to your post?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Yes the point is you will never catch up to the folks who have been there alot longer and there is no magic bullet to make you revelent to most long term players.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Originally posted by tom_goreSo it was an exploit, one that's probably plugged by now. Kudos to you for finding that exploit and reporting it, but it doesn't change the fact that by legitimate means it's not really possible to pay for your sub with PLEX within the first month, unless you dedicate your whole playing time to it. 

I do not see what made you think it was an exploit... It was and still is very legitimate way of making ISK.

There are exploration guides that takes you step by step how to make ISK for PLEX within 14 days or so. There are plenty of ways for trial characters or just new characters to earn ISK for their PLEX.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I have played EVE on and off since May 2003, now when I have a son I don't really have the time to play it the way I used to play it.

EVE has come a long way since I started, from a bug ridden hellhole with little gameplay to speak off (you could basicly only mine and pvp, 0.0 space were closed off, trading was pointless, missions were boring) now EVE is a full fledge living and breathing universe with plenty of things you can do.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

I do not see what made you think it was an exploit... It was and still is very legitimate way of making ISK.

There are exploration guides that takes you step by step how to make ISK for PLEX within 14 days or so. There are plenty of ways for trial characters or just new characters to earn ISK for their PLEX.

"There are..."

"There are..."

Links or I call BS. Also, there are 322 EVE hours in 14 days. Anyone could make enough ISK to buy a PLEX in 322 hours.

Originally posted by tom_gore"There are...""There are..."Links or I call BS. Also, there are 322 EVE hours in 14 days. Anyone could make enough ISK to buy a PLEX in 322 hours. 

http://explorationalmanac.blogspot.cz/2010/06/preface.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/view/forums/post/3969677#3969677

The only limitation in EVE is yourself...

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 402

"There are..."

"There are..."

Links or I call BS. Also, there are 322 EVE hours in 14 days. Anyone could make enough ISK to buy a PLEX in 322 hours.

this is so true you can make millions. Not to mention if your only reason to play eve is to play for free quit now you wont make it far. Or if you think in 14/30 days you will own the universe. Eve is not ment to have a "end" and it doesnt really unless you set a end goal. It's not a grind to max level and get the best gear in 30 days. If you walk into eve with the freebie gimmie gimmie attitude you will be let down. If you walk into eve with a determind set of goals you can and will reach them. It's not for the faint of heart and never will be thank the gamer gods for that at least

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

I tried this game twice and here is what EVE is in a nutshell:

Good graphics, good concept and extremely piss poor user interface and controls.

This game could easily be the number one mmo out there if the devs would make a useable interface and revamp the keyboard controls. As it is these two factors killed EVE . If that is overhauled instead of WoW being at the top EVE would be at the top.

Originally posted by RealPvPisFPS

Good graphics, good concept and extremely piss poor user interface and controls.

This game could easily be the number one mmo out there if the devs would make a useable interface and revamp the keyboard controls. As it is these two factors killed EVE . If that is overhauled instead of WoW being at the top EVE would be at the top.

That's your opinion mines differ, I have no problem with the interface or keyboard controls.

extremely piss poor user interface and controls. 

Can you elaborate on that one?

I think he entered market button and didnt understand it.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

One dev summed it up somewhat like this once:

We have situations where you are required to rightclick an object in space, go down a context menu, have a submenue pop out and click something there ... During intense pvp combat, under fire, and while coordinating with other players in voicechat.

Prime examples are "Warp to P3M12 at 40" or trying to orbit another player at something besides your preset range. Lots of menues and submenues inside of them, thats EvE. I heard a usability designer once had a stroke after trying out EvE, true story.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I agree.. I'm not happy either with some of the UI and controls..  I'll let slide that the ships auto-fly, but not happy that I have to click what actions I want to take with a mouse..  Finding my mouse pointer, then moving it to the correct area on the screen to click what action I want to take can be annoying..  I'd rather just have HOTKEYS to do that..  It's a shame that when you are in fitting you can't select what hotkeys you want to assign to an action such as 125mm gatling, or mining laser..

Also I find the "browse" feature in the Market confusing..  Maybe I just havent' run across it, but when I'm searching for different type of shields or weapons to buy, there is no clear easy way of doing it..  Call me lazy, but I've become accustomed to searching for specifics in the Market..  EVE's market search engine assumes you know the names of what you're searching for.. and if you don't.. good luck in finding it.. lol

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

There is a search option on the market....

If you're looking for something has to do with shields just search shield and you'll probably find it quickly.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Rydeson

I agree.. I'm not happy either with some of the UI and controls..  I'll let slide that the ships auto-fly, but not happy that I have to click what actions I want to take with a mouse..  Finding my mouse pointer, then moving it to the correct area on the screen to click what action I want to take can be annoying..  I'd rather just have HOTKEYS to do that..  It's a shame that when you are in fitting you can't select what hotkeys you want to assign to an action such as 125mm gatling, or mining laser..

Also I find the "browse" feature in the Market confusing..  Maybe I just havent' run across it, but when I'm searching for different type of shields or weapons to buy, there is no clear easy way of doing it..  Call me lazy, but I've become accustomed to searching for specifics in the Market..  EVE's market search engine assumes you know the names of what you're searching for.. and if you don't.. good luck in finding it.. lol

Woah steady there, i have always used hotkeys for my module activations(125mm yes, mining laser not so much). You sure you don't mean something else?

"There are..."

"There are..."

Don't know how much has changed, but you're not going to run any DED complexes with faction loot in a frig anymore. Not a chance. Not even before the retribution AI changes and even less after that. Sorry.

Scanning down just radar sites is possible, but those also seem to be quite rare these days.

Sure I can make an easy 20-30M a day in my heron scanning down radar sites, but that would mean I would be doing NOTHING but scanning down radar sites for the whole month to get a PLEX.

But since you seem so confident it can be done, I challenge you to do it again, today, in Retribution.

I can even send you a buddy invite so you have 21 days to collect your first PLEX.

Yes the point is you will never catch up to the folks who have been there alot longer and there is no magic bullet to make you revelent to most long term players.

Yes, and...?

You see the thing is, I don't give a shit. I play the game, I enjoy it. I COULD of course instead sit in the Jita station and complain all day how everyone else has more ISK and skillpoints than I do, but I just don't find that FUN.

Do you?

Don't know how much has changed, but you're not going to run any DED complexes with faction loot in a frig anymore. Not a chance. Not even before the retribution AI changes and even less after that. Sorry.

Despite I linked you evidence proving otherwise, you are still in denial mode :)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE]

I get random "Socket Closed" errors and disconects me. I checked the internet, and hundreds of people are having the same problem! Its not my PC problem, not my ISP problem.... too bad, and i was starting to love the game.

At least i spended only 5euros to check it :P

If you need or want a CORP/Guild PM me ;)

Also the random socket error thing I hate it its annoying but it seems the EVE Online servers are not located in the U.S they are located outside the U.S, and from tracking their IP address it shows Iceland?

I am on a 50+ Mbit connection I get very good speeds and between their connection route and mine I get around 30% packet loss at times or random packets dropping here and there which can result in EVE closing/logging out clients randomly they need to get in touch with the people hosting their Nodes, or Routes and let them know to fix their cheap servers thats the problem right there so it would seem although these are generally not CCP's responsibility but they do pay their networking bills I am sure.

Despite I linked you evidence proving otherwise, you are still in denial mode :)

Your evidence was from 2010. Last time I checked there has been at least 4 major EVE updates after that.

In any case, I'm going to hop into my exploring ship tonight and find a DED site and see how it turns out. Will let you know. I've got access to a well-fit Assault Ship so that should be able to survive at least levels 1 through 3.