Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If DF:UW does fail...

2»

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by SirBalin

I played AOW and I did have some fun for a side game...but the details are wrong

1.  It's somewhat instanced

2.  No full loot pvp

3.  There are quite a few safezones

That said, it is fun...the combat was actually cool.   Here's a vid I made just so my clannies could see of the combat.  That said, towards the end of the vid you see the combos which are really cool (1:30 in or something).  Also pay no attention to my clan mates qqing about DF being closed...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogCk6P8bzc

That was painful to watch.

There's more to the game and it is beta...not saying its Darkfall...but its not bad either.  For the person that said f2p sucks...I tend to prefer a sub as well, but as far as lag...there was none and there were a ton of poeple together dueling and stuff.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by minttunator

Advertising aside, I think this topic has some merit. I.e. if UW fails, what else is there that is an: 

1) open-world MMORPG

2) with meaningful skill-based PVP

3) in a fantasy setting

Is there anything like that on the market or coming up that isn't a complete train wreck (that is, other than Mortal Online)? A lot of MMO gamers (myself included) are pretty desperate for a game like that - but I'm not at all confident in Aventurine, who've shown themselves to be hilariously incompetent in the past. Is UW our last hope? 

Ofc it has merit... and yeah, from the looks of it, it's looking pretty damn dark on the horizon.. Age of Wushu and ArcheAge are somewhat promising sandboxy games, but they are still tab-target and won't come close to the immersive and skilful combat we've learned to love in darkfall. 

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi