Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online: Fans Unite to Petition Disney for PotCO Love

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A group of players has posted a new petition to encourage Disney to revisit Pirates of the Caribbean Online. According to the petition, fans want Disney Interactive to work on programming issues that create lag and to add new high-level content for players who have mastered their pirates.

When this petition was created, we were determined to do it right therefore it evolved into an even greater movement with the help of multiple players and ideas. The idea started simple, however, with the help of a website developer, it got easier to control and more organized. With the help of writers and strategists, it got rhetorically and strategically better convincing. With the help of researchers, we now have many contacts. With the support of all the players who have signed and those who are willing to sign, we are stronger!

Check out RevivePotCO.com for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    I am amazed that this game is still going and CoH got canned tbh... maybe the PotC players should count their blessings :P
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Disney have never been known for their good video game support. Whoever runs their gaming division needs to be replaced with someone who actually knows games and not some crazed Disneyphile.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• RahyuhtRahyuht Member Posts: 47
    This game just needs remade.I never did like the hackers In this game & the graphics are just to cartoony for me.Heck even when I quit playing the game to Un Sub you have to call the company & tell them why kinda stupid.Never had to do that with any other game.Rebooting It with far better looking graphics might get me Interested.I do like the story of the movies,but this did nothing for me.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    I am amazed that this game is still going and CoH got canned tbh... maybe the PotC players should count their blessings :P

Well now to be honest CoH was run bt NC.. and was atl east supported to the ned (litteraly =P)

I had no idea this game was still alive... But hey if they manages to do it..more power to the.

This have been a good conversation

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Still going? Well I never! I gave this game a very quick look a fair few years ago. When I realised the f2p model would not let you play in full screen I very quickly uninstalled and put it in my never again pile. :)
  • kellyokiddkellyokidd Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Thanks for posting this Suzie! Revive potco is a huge push by fans who want POTCO to continue with new content, lag fixes and upgrades to it's programming.   POTCO is a great game with a loyal fan base of great people who have created a wonderful community. 
  • HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226
    It's a very fun game with some huge lag issues.

• LeoLionLeoLion Member Posts: 1

"A group of players has posted a new petition to encourage Disney to REVIVE Pirates of the Caribbean Online"

This petition is really trying to do what happens to other dying games or games that start off good and slowly get lef behind. I think it's part of the gaming communities, to support movememnts like this because more games need to send the message to the game bosses that they should be treatting their customers fair, especially if they are paying and players ask for nothing more than a well taken care, fun game. Also gaming communities need to work for the games wellness.

Pirates Online was a great, energetic game at some point. The way it kind of transformed is how energy transforms. It we went from kintetic to potential -- from a productive game with new content to a carless game. It really has something other games don't offer. It is somewhat of a different world which gives it a nice touch and the game has a lot of potential, DIMG(Disney) just needs to work more on it.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    Wow.

• ShamusTheBruteShamusTheBrute Member Posts: 1

Hello MMORPG! 

~ I do appreciate and give a heartie "thank ye" to Suzie and the rest of the staff here for sharing this Pirates of the Caribbean Online (POTCO) reviving effort.

While POTCO might be misunderstood today as just another aging and "has been" virtual MMO, the game continually esteems itself worthy of the attention and POTENTIAL it so well deserves.  No where is this more evident than the grand sense of community POTCO seems to foster.

To date, POTCO players whom voice their support for the reviving of the game remain not only hopeful, but numerous (in quantity of number) as well. 

We do appreciate the welcoming of the voice of those players here!    

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    They better be careful, Disney might have forgotten its still open and close it now!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I´d rather have Monkey Island Online (from Lucasarts, also belongs to Disney)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• PiratesPlayerPiratesPlayer Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by spookydom
    Still going? Well I never! I gave this game a very quick look a fair few years ago. When I realised the f2p model would not let you play in full screen I very quickly uninstalled and put it in my never again pile. :)

The game has changed drastically since then. All players get a full screen now, and Free To Play members get many many more features.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by FromHell
    I´d rather have Monkey Island Online (from Lucasarts, also belongs to Disney)

Grim Fandango FTW.

• kellyokiddkellyokidd Member UncommonPosts: 17
    RIP Pirates of the Caribbean Online.  The game was closed down by Disney on 9/19/13.  Many pirates are mourning this game and hope that Disney will reissue the game as it gets closer to the premiere of the new Pirates of the Caribbean #5 Dead Men Tell No Tales movie.  In the meantime "Take what you can and take nothing back!"  See you all in the Caribbean one day me hearties ;)..................
  • KatCoalkiddKatCoalkidd Member Posts: 1
    So when are they going to bring (POTCO) back  i miss sailing my ship's and killing pirate's !!! BRING POTCO BACK PLEASE AND SOON