Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i bought EVE...

Comments

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne
    When DUST 415 comes out in the New Year, Eve should be an even richer game.

As someone thats beta testing DUST...i seriously hope your right...but doubt it.  The beta was the sorriest excuse for an mmorpg i've ever seen.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

lolwut?

You can be an effective tackler in a T1 frigate fully self-funded inside of a week, and getting kills (which many have in that situation). It's raw fact.

Where's the any key?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

lolwut?

You can be an effective tackler in a T1 frigate fully self-funded inside of a week, and getting kills (which many have in that situation). It's raw fact.

And what Corperation will pick up a week old player for this to happen, your streching this build in my opion.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Elsabolts

And what Corperation will pick up a week old player for this to happen, your streching this build in my opion.

RvB and FW, just from my own experience when playing on fresh toons.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

lolwut?

I know of a rather massive and well known 0.0 corporation that accepts new pilots on their first hour of play, and feels it is silly for other corporations to not accept new players and instead impose SP requirements.

Also in traditional ELSABOLTS style, I am now inserting a picture of a cat which is completely off topic, and irrelevant to anything in the thread.

Cat

Originally posted by Gdemami

RvB and FW, just from my own experience when playing on fresh toons.

This is not the norm Gdemami and you know it ?

MAGA
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

lolwut?

I know of a rather massive and well known 0.0 corporation that accepts new pilots on their first hour of play, and feels it is silly for other corporations to not accept new players and instead impose SP requirements.

Also in traditional ELSABOLTS style, I am now inserting a picture of a cat which is completely off topic, and irrelevant to anything in the thread.

Cat

Hoo Ya  LOL i like the picture i may seal it

MAGA

No, I don't... I joined each several time like anonymous individual, no friends, no relations, nothing. Anyone can do it.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

lolwut?

Cat

What's with you guys and cat pictures?

Where's the any key?

No, I don't... I joined each several time like anonymous individual, no friends, no relations, nothing. Anyone can do it.

Ok i give up new players will not be Prey or Cannon fodder !

MAGA

lolwut?

Cat

What's with you guys and cat pictures?

" Who could ever Hate a Cat "

MAGA
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Ok i give up new players will not be Prey or Cannon fodder !

They can be if they want to.

Inexplicably, many seem to want to and I don't know why.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    i had the opportunity for a trial last year, i subbed for 3 months but i am too noob for PLEXes and its not so casual (as GW2 at least for the payment model ) so i stopped paying, it was this feel of subsicrion time forcing me to do things and i as a noob who loved scanning systems :p

• night_gamernight_gamer Member Posts: 22
    well.. EVE is not for everybody. I did the free trial.. I didnt like it.. done. But some peoples like it.. is just a problem of taste. I also found it to complicated.
  • AranisusAranisus Member UncommonPosts: 30

I got a free trial from my friend

I entered it 3 years ago

I was a rookie

Now, I'm a champion

Welcome to EVE. Fly safe.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by night_gamer
     I also found it to complicated.

that is why i love it :)

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I admit i don't think of very new players(sub 1-2 months) as being a danger to me, however thats only because i assume they have no idea WTF they are doing. Also i very carefully evaluate the situation im in, depending on it there is ZERO difference between a 2 week old char and a 7 year old vet to my danger sense.

For example a Velator warping to my Safespot in <0.5 security? A fricking titan wouldn't be able to get me out of there faster. A Merlin on a gate in 0.0 security while traveling alone? Hell you don't even have the time to check his age in a situation like that, not that it matters either since if you can't kill him in less than 10 secs(im generous here) you are going to die to the rest of his gang thats coming through any second now.

EvE is a game about teamwork, where a pair of eyes at the right spot and at the right time is more valuable than a capital ship. Yes a new player on his own isn't very dangerous, but then again neither are vets. A corp of vets will very likely beat a equally sized corp of new players, however the only lesson for new players i see in that is to not group up with other new players.

The reason many corps don't accept new players is not due to the skill levels. Its because every player is a potentional risk and you do not know wether they will stick with the game. If you have someone vouch for your personality and dedication you can get into literally any corp but the most "stickuptheirass"-ones. Because everyone is useful, not equally useful obviously, but always better than having one less person around.

And what more than being an asset to your guild/corp can you ask for? Sure you can grind a char in a themepark to max in little time, but what if your guild doesn't need another healer? What if all tankspots are taken? What if your dps and have a bitch of a time getting in ANY kind of group content? Its not all sunshine and roses in themepark level systems either ...

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by loulaki
    i had the opportunity for a trial last year, i subbed for 3 months but i am too noob for PLEXes and its not so casual (as GW2 at least for the payment model ) so i stopped paying, it was this feel of subsicrion time forcing me to do things and i as a noob who loved scanning systems :p

Why does everyone think that EVE's "endgame" is about gaining enough money to be able to pay sub with PLEX? Why can't you just pay the sub (it's 15 friggin €/$ a month or less if you sub at least 3 months at a time) and do what you like? That's what I do. Hell, I even converted one PLEX to ISK to give me all the starting money I needed to get doing what I wanted to do.

Any given day I log on and think what I want to do that day. I set myself some laid back long-term goals and split them into shorter-term goals and start playing towards them. Then I scrap those goals and set new ones as I feel like trying something else. This happens all the time. The result is I'm always doing what I want to do, not grinding for a goal set by the devs or whoever. I'm also having fun while playing and can play as much or as little per day I want to.

Freedom. It's all about freedom. Chaining yourself to grinding enough money for PLEX each month is the most certain way of burning yourself out of EVE for good. Don't do it. If you don't feel EVE is worth the sub every month, just don't play it at all.

well, i dont think the main goal is to buy plex.....

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Did you report that issue to CCP? I got that error once. It was while I was in a huge fleet, and never happened again.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Originally posted by Krematory
    Did you report that issue to CCP? I got that error once. It was while I was in a huge fleet, and never happened again.

Well, i was going to report it but i realised it is a massive error that hundreds of people have.

2 of my friends have the same issue and my brother also... I just hope they will fix it soon 

well, i dont think the main goal is to buy plex.....

You would be surprised how many people do. And it's burning them out, especially if they aim to do that early on into the game.

"It's genious! I'll buy one month sub and within those 30 days I'll earn money enough for a PLEX. Genious!"

And we all know how well that's going to work.

You seem to have an enthusiasm about EVE. Keep it and keep doing what you want in the game. Think of the sub as a recurring "thank you" to the devs for the great game they have created.

Originally posted by tom_gore

You would be surprised how many people do. And it's burning them out, especially if they aim to do that early on into the game."It's genious! I'll buy one month sub and within those 30 days I'll earn money enough for a PLEX. Genious!"And we all know how well that's going to work.

Long ago, I have posted a fresh trial character making about 1B within 24 hours of creation.

Never underestimate EVE and creative minds.

You would be surprised how many people do. And it's burning them out, especially if they aim to do that early on into the game.

"It's genious! I'll buy one month sub and within those 30 days I'll earn money enough for a PLEX. Genious!"

And we all know how well that's going to work.

Long ago, I have posted a fresh trial character making about 1B within 24 hours of creation.

Never underestimate EVE and creative minds.

I would attribute this more to utter stupidity, because without idiots, there wouldn't be any scammers. But of course the scammers want to take pride in being smarted than the shoebox on the receiving end of their scams.

I would attribute this more to utter stupidity, because without idiots, there wouldn't be any scammers. But of course the scammers want to take pride in being smarted than the shoebox on the receiving end of their scams.

Even scamming requires to be creative and have some "skill" regardless your effort of playing it down...however, the ISK were not acquired through any scam, theft or any similar activity.