Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So whats the crying for?

I understand that they copied the whole "Retarded" quest from WoW. I can agree with you guys it's the stupidest idea they added. However the game is still in Alpha. Alpha is about stress testing the game which they Did say by the way. If you guys are asking why are they just showing running and jumping? It's alpha they are mostly Stress testing don't expect amazing dungeon or insane party battle or etc. Please stop the crying just wait for beta atleast before you can cry :D. Now ITS APLHA IF PEOPLE HATE THE WHOLE QUEST IDEA YOSHI WILL CHANGE IT. He always review the feedback so don't worry :D. If he keeps the WoW idea ARR will fail.

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Hamger8
    I understand that they copied the whole "Retarded" quest from WoW. I can agree with you guys it's the stupidest idea they added. However the game is still in Alpha. Alpha is about stress testing the game which they Did say by the way. If you guys are asking why are they just showing running and jumping? It's alpha they are mostly Stress testing don't expect amazing dungeon or insane party battle or etc. Please stop the crying just wait for beta atleast before you can cry :D. Now ITS APLHA IF PEOPLE HATE THE WHOLE QUEST IDEA YOSHI WILL CHANGE IT. He always review the feedback so don't worry :D. If he keeps the WoW idea ARR will fail.

Welcome to the party . You are Echoing things i have tried to say but some in this community are really closed minded . They will soon post below wait and see

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

I'm crying because I just want SquareEnix to pull the darn plug out of this fail MMO , and work hardcore on FF for the Wii U , at this rate it'll be out by end 2014!! 

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by DarknessReign

Welcome to the party . You are Echoing things i have tried to say but some in this community are really closed minded . They will soon post below wait and see

Ya, know, I agree with your overall points (the ones I have read), but the way you post begs people to come in and flame. You don't help the sitiation whatsoever by being confrontational and accusatory every time you post. Maybe learn to start/have a discussion like a sensible poster, and all these "close minded" people may be more open minded to your ideas.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    I got a warning for saying crybaby two days ago. Careful OP.
    we sure do want FFXIV to be a hit.

and I can not help being harsh or combative its my nature , mostly because I have to deal with people all day long who think they are entitled to things. so I am sorry if at times I come off abrasive :)

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    Actually Final Fantasy is based around questing with one big central story going on. Trust me every Final Fanstay game I have played you had a ton of side quests, so I dont see why they should stray away from their roots. Just because Blizzard used the questing system in WoW, does not mean that they developed the system. I remember the very first Final Fantasy game for Nintendo classic, and there where people asking you to do things  while you where on your quest to restore the light to the 4 orbs and finally taking down Chaos the last boss. It was that way from 1 to 10 I actually hated when they moved the franchise online, so i stopped playing after 10. Im actually looking forward to 14 and glad that they choose this direction, because they are actually going back to their roots.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I wish people would stop complaining about the new quest system.

1. Would they rather it was just leves like in 1.0? I don't hear any better suggestions, apart fom GW2's DEs, which FFXI had, and ARR will now too.

2. Most mmos still have this questing system, you expect some groundbreaking all dynamic or sandbox system when SE only just found out other mmos exist? Give them time. The quests don't need removing, just complimented with newer mechanics.

3. These quests are non-repeatable and for your first and possibly second class, there are many other leveling mechanics beyond them.

4. They often serve to introduce new players to areas, npcs and mechanics of the game, as well as provide a logical flow to each area, FFXIV did nothing to ease new players into the game.

5. There is a minimal use of quests from npcs per "hub" compared to other mmos as grinding mobs provides as much exp as the quest rewards. This is a massive improvement from WoW, SWTOR, Rift and others that put way to much npc based quests in each zone (alone with back-tracking), so that you are left with many you cannot be bothered to finish. Devs being afraid to revisit the spectre of old grind mmos. ARR went for a balance.

6. This mmo needs mainstream appeal given its budget, what other levelling mechanic is used by a large proportion of mmo players?

7. All anyone outside of Alpha has seen are a few samples, with no indication of how linear they may feel, their frequency, context or the quality of the writing. People are ignoring that they made it clear there will be more alternatives for leveling at launch that most other mmos.

8. You are complaining about questing in an online rpg , seriously people.

9. Final Fantasy is an IP that pre-dates WoW, it has more right to quests than it or it's many clones. Yoshida made it clear that the presentation and quality of life standards of WoW style mmos is what is being incorporated, not the bulk of the game play, many elements from FFXIV 1.0, FFXI and previous FF games are added to ARR.

10. It has chocobos, see you in game.

and moogles Kupo!

• Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    Seriously i know this game will be a hit just wait untill they get all the supporting community in beta you guys will see many changes due to the feedbacks. Right now people are debating about the quest so far all we got is the quests nothing else to judge the game and scream WOW CLONE WOW CLONE OMG WOW CLONE.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Alpha stage isn't what you think it is.   Alpha doesn't mean complete revamp if players don't like it, but minor changes so they can live with it.   

Originally posted by Magiknight
    Exactly. Dead, dumb, blind. Some people will admit that it is a WoW clone and argue that it's a good thing. At least they can admit that they can read what Yoshi said.

What the translator has Yoshi say more precisely. What he may mean is open to interpretation, but I and others have been trying over and over again to point out, being like WoW can mean many different things, ultimately the game itself will determine what Yoshi intends. Some will rush to dismiss it with the usual cries of "WoW clone"; others will actually play it and see there’s more to an mmo than quest mechanics and UI.

Those "WoWish" elements Yoshida incorperates are common features, expected in all mmos, yes this is a good thing, but when the exp chains, leves, crafting, armory and story elements remain original you have a solid FF mmo.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    Exactly. Dead, dumb, blind. Some people will admit that it is a WoW clone and argue that it's a good thing. At least they can admit that they can read what Yoshi said.

What the translator has Yoshi say more precisely. What he may mean is open to interpretation, but I and others have been trying over and over again to point out, being like WoW can mean many different things, ultimately the game itself will determine what Yoshi intends. Some will rush to dismiss it with the usual cries of "WoW clone"; others will actually play it and see there’s more to an mmo than quest mechanics and UI.

Those "WoWish" elements Yoshida incorperates are common features, expected in all mmos, yes this is a good thing, but when the exp chains, leves, crafting, armory and story elements remain original you have a solid FF mmo.

They have only become common features in the past few years. You speak of MMOs as if they were cars that come with standard features, like a stearing wheel and seat belt. I'm not here to buy a flashy car I'm here to find a game to have an experience with and have fun with.

Why are so many people unwilling to give Yoshida and Co. a chance? Name another mmo project that has done more to make up for a bad launch. OK, it was really bad, no one hated XIV 1.0 more than I did, but the shear amount of effort and sincerity on display from the new team is heart warming. (to those with a heart)

Between the butt hurt 1.0 cultists who don't want any changes and the jaded mmo vets dismissing the game based on the mention of the word WoW I hope there will be enough left to keep the game afloat, but at least these unreasonable people won’t be whining in general chat all day.

I mean seriously here we have a game that launched, and like so many mmos, was a disappointment, and unlike all the others the devs are replaced, the game is re-built from the ground up, and all the elements it lacked that made it so uncomfortable to play are now included. AND STILL PEOPLE COMPLAIN. Jesus.

Does everyone forget it's condition 2 yrs ago? (watch every ep of this for a reminder) How alien the game felt with controls, UI, game play and quest mechanics, and world layout? What do you think most players where comparing it to? WoW or something similar. Not because we wanted a clone, but because it was well designed, and few mmos did it better. Every one of the changes naturally followed from the flaws in the original, there are no surprised, and no one paying attention to the re-development should miss-understand what is being done here. An FF mmo, with mass appeal, not the end of the world, stop pretending you’re too good for it. 

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by zevni78

Between the butt hurt 1.0 cultists who don't want any changes and the jaded mmo vets dismissing the game based on the mention of the word WoW I hope there will be enough left to keep the game afloat, but at least these unreasonable people won’t be whining in general chat all day.

I mean seriously here we have a game that launched, and like so many mmos, was a disappointment, and unlike all the others the devs are replaced, the game is re-built from the ground up, and all the elements it lacked that made it so uncomfortable to play are now included. AND STILL PEOPLE COMPLAIN. Jesus.

Does everyone forget it's condition 2 yrs ago? (watch every ep of this for a reminder) How alien the game felt with controls, UI, game play and quest mechanics, and world layout? What do you think most players where comparing it to? WoW or something similar. Not because we wanted a clone, but because it was well designed, and few mmos did it better. Every one of the changes naturally followed from the flaws in the original, there are no surprised, and no one paying attention to the re-development should miss-understand what is being done here. An FF mmo, with mass appeal, not the end of the world, stop pretending you’re too good for it. 

I agree with you, but generally speaking, MMO forums are just barely better than the dirty anus of the internet known as 9gag. There will be plenty of people who, at the very least, try the game out. Don't take these forums seriously; MMORPG.com is a melting-pot of burned bittervets, some of the most cynical people I've ever seen, and the rare hopeful newbie soon-to-be burned bittervet.