Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting to agree.

At first I was excited for this game. The concept of Zombie survival with that looming threat of a death by another player sounds fun and a bit nerve racking in a good way....that was 3 months ago. At first when the PK was on a level of Call of duty porportions i just ignored the game. Once i heard more of the map was open i decided to give it a shot. I played late at night with a few friends on very empty servers and i had a blast. Recently They bumped the server pop up and now i hate the game. I log in and i cant find a server with less than 30 people and of those people 20 are bandits. All I want to do is have an actual survival experiance but i cant get that. The War Z is nother but a deathmatch with zombies in places. They think that people will actually pay real money for their ingame Item mall stuff but when people relize that they just spent 20 dollars and then get killed as soon as they log in they are going to get very very very pissed. I see a few lawsuit attempts going at Hammerpoint and whats worse is i see alot of them Winning. Im just venting.

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    At first I was excited for this game. The concept of Zombie survival with that looming threat of a death by another player sounds fun and a bit nerve racking in a good way....that was 3 months ago. At first when the PK was on a level of Call of duty porportions i just ignored the game. Once i heard more of the map was open i decided to give it a shot. I played late at night with a few friends on very empty servers and i had a blast. Recently They bumped the server pop up and now i hate the game. I log in and i cant find a server with less than 30 people and of those people 20 are bandits. All I want to do is have an actual survival experiance but i cant get that. The War Z is nother but a deathmatch with zombies in places. They think that people will actually pay real money for their ingame Item mall stuff but when people relize that they just spent 20 dollars and then get killed as soon as they log in they are going to get very very very pissed. I see a few lawsuit attempts going at Hammerpoint and whats worse is i see alot of them Winning. Im just venting.

+ 1 although i do believe it will sustain a small player base over time. Not my idea of a multiplayer zombie game.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    there will beprivate servers soon, for your private experience :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Private servers may help this game in two important ways but the person who runs the server is going to have to do alot of work. First, the hacks for this game are commercially available and no one who uses them is getting banned. A private server admin, would have to limit the server to people they know or require some sort of registration on another site to keep this to a minimum. Also, the game right now is a Mad Max style deathmatch with or without hacks. To even have something close to a balance, the admin is going to have to run some type of RP community that has rules. I know some people who are doing this already but it sounds like alot of work for a customer to turn this C grade shooter into a zombie survival game.
  • TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864
    Congrats! You now understand why full loot, open world PVP games aren't very popular. Spending $20 only to lose it 5 minutes later isn't fun.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by Tazlor
    Congrats! You now understand why full loot, open world PVP games aren't very popular. Spending $20 only to lose it 5 minutes later isn't fun.

This.

I enjoy competing against other people, but not when the tables are unfairly turned against me.  I like a challenge, but I do not like being turned into a sheep for slaughter.  PvP has its place and its place is not everywhere in a game.  Allowing people to be douchebags to others just brings out the worst of the worst this planet has to offer.  

If The War Z makes a cooperative server, I might try it.  Otherwise, this game is just the next pile of garbage similar to Darkfall and Mortal Online.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

<edited>

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

There are several problems with the PVP in this game. First, there are currently design issues. There is no penalty for killing people. Then there is the issue that the toon is not tied to a specific server so the player can jump around as they please and cause grief to many more people. Server hopping is one of the biggest exploits in the game right now and the dev's haven't said one word about how they plan to stop it.  There are various other exploits as well and it seems that every patch introduces a new one even if it does manage to take one out.

The hacks also make PVP very unenjoyable. The most common hack being sold on cheat sites is ESP which essentially allows you to see everyone within a 400m radius or so. It is so bad that I tried an experment. I went to one of the semi-popular loot spots and got myself killed by zombies on the outskirts behind a building that was not enterable. There is little or no loot that spawns in near these types of buildings and there is a death cam that allows you to look around as well. Within 30 min., three people came directly to that area and shot my corpse. It was night out and fairly dark and these players just came around the corner of the building with guns blazing like they knew someone was there. I guess they couldn't tell that I was already dead but I am sure the hack programmers will eventually fix that little flaw in their program.