Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If DF:UW does fail...

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

It sounds as though Age of Wushu will have many of the features that make darkfall a cult favorite.  So while I hope DF doesn't fail, there are other other options if it tanks.

From the little I've read about it, just a few things the two have in common.

• Full loot open PvP
  • Almost no safe zones
  • Crafting driven economy
  • Ability to buy a plot of land and build a guild temple. (guild hall)

Comments

• DzikuniDzikuni Member UncommonPosts: 38

- Cute asian design

- TAB targeting

no thanks

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by ragz45

It sounds as though Age of Wushu will have many of the features that make darkfall a cult favorite.  So while I hope DF doesn't fail, there are other other options if it tanks.

• Full loot open PvP
    • Almost no safe zones

What a nice sideways advertisement for Age of Wulin..wushu or whatever....

I did try that game...nice graphs...and..nice graphs..and also really nice graphs...As far as all the other aspects...Bahh

At the first 5 minutes i felt like Sam Witwicky in this scene 00:43  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH3STHC63hU

WAY TOO MANY WINDOWS AND INFO AND TOOLTIPS AND TEXT....

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    =)
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I didnt know age of wushu had those features, colour me interested.

however people keep refering to darkfall as mmorpg, its really a mmorpg-fps-rts

the combat and open world conquest are what really completely and utterly separated darkfall from every other game. not the ffa full loot pvp. 

for this reason i would say planetside 2 is the closest thing to darkfall on the market. even tho they are also vastly different in other ways.

My blog: image

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Dzikuni

- TAB targeting

no thanks

This.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • CrazyCronusCrazyCronus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    If DF:UW fails which I doubt then there is no hope!! 
  • minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

Advertising aside, I think this topic has some merit. I.e. if UW fails, what else is there that is an: 

1) open-world MMORPG

2) with meaningful skill-based PVP

3) in a fantasy setting

Is there anything like that on the market or coming up that isn't a complete train wreck (that is, other than Mortal Online)? A lot of MMO gamers (myself included) are pretty desperate for a game like that - but I'm not at all confident in Aventurine, who've shown themselves to be hilariously incompetent in the past. Is UW our last hope? 

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Fusion

- TAB targeting

no thanks

This.

This This

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Originally posted by Fusion

- TAB targeting

no thanks

This.

This This

Ewwww ........ he said "TAB Targeting" in the Darkfall forum.  There are unspoken rules you know .........

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Wushu is tab targeting. That is true. But you still need to time your attacks and blocks etc. Someone that only spams attacks without any thought will be destroyed by someone that can read the attacks and blocks at the right moment. And counter. It´s sorta a rock, paper, scissor-system. So it´s not the usuall tab target ala WoW in AoW. Just saying. There is alot of skill to it in AoW.
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I really like the premise of AoW, that being said, i have seen a lack luster Darkfall provide more fun than vastly more developed and polished games. If Darkfall UW fails, i am retiring from mmorpgs and sticking to dota 2.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

- Cute asian design

- TAB targeting

no thanks

this

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Isn't that game P2W?

I could have sworn I saw someone talk about VIP and non-VIP players.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

• Full loot open PvP
    • Almost no safe zones

Tab targetting, no FPS, no skill, GG.

But yeah, DF:UW a game that nobody has played yet is TOTALLY a failure compared to another game that also nobody has played.

Obvious forum nerd is obvious.

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by indef

• Full loot open PvP
    • Almost no safe zones

Tab targetting, no FPS, no skill, GG.

But yeah, DF:UW a game that nobody has played yet is TOTALLY a failure compared to another game that also nobody has played.

Obvious forum nerd is obvious.

Where did he say DF:UW was a failure? Where exactly did he say Age of Wushu was better?

Maybe we are not reading the same post or you are just looking for a fight? lol

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Full loot free for all PvP games are feeding of a tiny sliver of the MMO market that barely has enough dedicated players to fill one server.  Spreading that crowd out over multiple games just makes it even worse.
  • MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    I don't get what all the hype around this game is for...
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

- Cute asian design- TAB targeting no thanks

If Age Of Wushu is cute asian design then Archeage is extra cute asian design. Now obviously many people on this site must like extra cute asian design considering that Archeage was number one on the hype meter for ages and is now number two.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

- Cute asian design

- TAB targeting

no thanks

design considering that Archeage was number one on the hype meter for ages and is now number two.

The hype meter can be easily swayed and rather worthless considering how few votes it takes to hit number 1.  AA hit 8.83 with only 50 votes in early 2011 and DF-UW has been 1 for months with only 482 to date.  I little collective effort by the community and bang youre "#1".

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

• Full loot open PvP
    • Almost no safe zones

I have played a lot of Age of Wushu and it is not that great...  It just made we want 12/12/12 to come faster...  It has potential but is not laid out well really and I would take Darkfall over it any day...  Not sure why it gets any hype as DF 1.0 is better.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

• Full loot open PvP
    • Almost no safe zones

are u sure it has full loot open pvp?, its just open pvp mate not full loot pls post facts not half truth:p

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Tried AoW. It's terrible. I didn't play DF1 but DF:UW cannot be as bad as AoW is at its current form.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I played AOW and I did have some fun for a side game...but the details are wrong

1.  It's somewhat instanced

2.  No full loot pvp

3.  There are quite a few safezones

That said, it is fun...the combat was actually cool.   Here's a vid I made just so my clannies could see of the combat.  That said, towards the end of the vid you see the combos which are really cool (1:30 in or something).  Also pay no attention to my clan mates qqing about DF being closed...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogCk6P8bzc

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by SirBalin

I played AOW and I did have some fun for a side game...but the details are wrong

2.  No full loot pvp

That said, it is fun...the combat was actually cool.   Here's a vid I made just so my clannies could see of the combat.  That said, towards the end of the vid you see the combos which are really cool (1:30 in or something).  Also pay no attention to my clan mates qqing about DF being closed...lol

lol age of wushu is ftp, imagine the lag fest it's gonna be, i'll take p2p anytime over ftp

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by SirBalin

2.  No full loot pvp

That was painful to watch.